PDA

View Full Version : Weight to enlist vs actually ship? Im confused.

chaostheroy
04-15-08, 08:31 AM
Hello to everyone. Im 29 and 5'11" I weigh 255lbs. The partircular recruiter I sat down with wasnt very concise. He basically said I needed to be 197 and then come back. The other recruiter in the same building told me I could enlist at 222lbs or less, THEN go into DEP and ship to boot later on.

Getting two differnece explanations from two recruiters has confused me. I didnt want to seem ignorant or anything so I didnt want to ask them again to clarify it.

I would apprieciate and help here. I know that Im too heavy right now for anything. But I have begun running an weight training and have lost about 8 pounds in 2 weeks. So I am trying to get where I need to be. I just want to have a number for my goal.

Thanks in advance.

Marine84
04-15-08, 10:35 AM
I didnt want to seem ignorant or anything so I didnt want to ask them again to clarify it.

So.............you figured you would come in here and do it?

Honey ASK your Recruiter to clarify EVERYTHING!!!!! A lot of us have been out for some time and things have surely changed. Your Recruiter is the ONLY one that can clarify things for you.

And, just a word of advice, lose the weight BEFORE you go.

chaostheroy
04-15-08, 11:05 AM
So.............you figured you would come in here and do it?

Honey ASK your Recruiter to clarify EVERYTHING!!!!! A lot of us have been out for some time and things have surely changed. Your Recruiter is the ONLY one that can clarify things for you.

And, just a word of advice, lose the weight BEFORE you go.

I apologize if I came across wrong. I didnt mean to seem that way.
I will ask about everything from here on out. Im the type of person who doesnt question things very often.

I thank you for your advice though!