PDA

View Full Version : Questions about major injuries in bootcamp

Reagan
04-13-08, 12:04 PM
Let's say you get injured really bad at bootcamp, something that would definitely get you dropped like a greased bowling ball and sent back home. If the condition is something that requires continued treatment (like multiple surgeries or something. rare but I've heard of it happening), does the USMC cover the cost of continued medical treatment even though you're not longer in bootcamp? Or do you have to take care of all that yourself?

I tried doing a search to find info on this, but I couldn't find anything, so I hope I didn't miss any thread which already addressed this.

Zulu 36
04-13-08, 01:11 PM
If something that catastrophic happened one of two things would happen: #1 - You would be medically discharged, or #2 - You would be medically retired. Either way you would primarily be treated at a...

ttracker65
04-13-08, 01:26 PM
It also depends on where you are at in Boot. I graduated in Camo's cause I had a cast from ankle to crotch from a broken leg. The injury happened 2 weeks from graduation durring the final PFT to be exact. I was able to finish the run and did pass the PFT. They did Graduate me and my service was not changed. Alot has to do with YOU and your preformance as well as the time of injury.

rvillac2
04-13-08, 08:32 PM
It also depends on where you are at in Boot. I graduated in Camo's cause I had a cast from ankle to crotch from a broken leg. The injury happened 2 weeks from graduation durring the final PFT to be exact. I was able to finish the run and did pass the PFT. They did Graduate me and my service was not changed. Alot has to do with YOU and your preformance as well as the time of injury.

You weren't willing to cut your service green trousers? ha ha