PDA

View Full Version : Tanker Or Infantry?

camtronian
04-11-08, 12:04 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding between being a tanker or an infantry man. If anybody has some input or anything at all it would be much appreciated.

thanks, cameron

rvillac2
04-11-08, 12:44 PM
Well....Tankers don't walk anywhere.
Grunts walk on water. (if you ask them).

Jonny Destroyer
04-11-08, 12:51 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding between being a tanker or an infantry man. If anybody has some input or anything at all it would be much appreciated.

thanks, cameron

I think either way, you'd be having a hell of a lot of fun.

Toss a coin! hahaha

But dont make the mistake of thinking that tank crews are invincible just because they're in a tank. I've watched one run over a double (or triple) stacked mine, and 2 of the Marines inside had to be medivac'd.

rvillac2
04-11-08, 02:06 PM
Not to mention that the fist Marine casualties of OIF were tankers.
RIP Brothers.

camtronian
04-11-08, 02:20 PM
hmm, i guess thats the risk we run..sheeze its such a hard choice to make..how much fighting do tankers actually get to do? more or less than infantry?

Jonny Destroyer
04-11-08, 02:25 PM
hmm, i guess thats the risk we run..sheeze its such a hard choice to make..how much fighting do tankers actually get to do? more or less than infantry?

It all depends on where tanks or infantry can be best utilized. Tanks get their fair share of fighting, but they're not kicking down doors. They're blowing down buildings.

darkgreen0311
04-11-08, 02:40 PM
Pick something in the middle like field artillery.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

Crusader20
04-11-08, 02:55 PM
Well....Tankers don't walk anywhere.

that about covers it:cool:

camtronian
04-11-08, 06:09 PM
field artillery?
what do they do?

chili77bowl
04-11-08, 06:22 PM

I had to quit, the ocean water was destroying my boots.
And my wife and kids think it's a neat trick to do in the bath tub.

AAV Crewchief
04-11-08, 07:16 PM

thanks, cameron

Effem both....go TRACKS YATYAS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:tank:

darkgreen0311
04-11-08, 07:16 PM
They fire the big boys the modern day cannons.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE
YOURS IS NOT TO QUESTION WHY BUT TO DO OR DIE!!!

davblay
04-11-08, 08:10 PM
field artillery?
what do they do?
Depending on the GUNs you are assigned to, but you will be from 15 to 50 miles away from the target, The Forward Observers (FO) will call in the target/targets location. The base gun will fire a round that weights from 100 lbs (155mm) to 200 lbs (8 inch) to the target then adjust with the help of the Foward Observers! Once on target they (the Battery CO) will order the Battery (usually 6 to 8 guns) to "FIRE FOR AFFECT", then all hell breaks loose on the enemy! All this while you are 15 to 50 miles away from the area of operation! :marine:

Tanks are a lot closer to the combat area, where as Infantry IS the combat area! It's all in what you want to do in this war! All are important to winning this war!

Just my 2 cents,

Dave

ttracker65
04-13-08, 06:49 AM
I have to go with AAV Crewchief. Trac's are there regardless. From landing, Mechanized Warfare, Supply, Road security, Insertion, Extraction, Cover Fire, Communications, Forward Observation Posts, Listening Posts, Medi-Vac, Humanitarian Aid and all around brother for the Grunt's-n-Recon. Just my two bit's not like i was a 1833 in the FMF or anything. Good Luck on your career choice

Marine84
04-13-08, 08:46 AM
I had to quit, the ocean water was destroying my boots.
And my wife and kids think it's a neat trick to do in the bath tub.

LOL!

CareyActual
04-13-08, 11:10 AM
In my day we were both Grunts and Tankers. I served on the 3rd Tank Bn. Reactionary Rifle Plt. out of Gia Li (Phu Bai) doing conveys, road sweeps and night ambushes.Later I served as a Tank Commander with B Co., 3rd Tanks on Hwy. 9 along the DMZ in Vietnam. 1967/1968.

They actually give you choice these days? Gotta love the new Corps.

CareyActual
04-13-08, 11:13 AM
See above