PDA

View Full Version : Found this on a schools website in my area

Drock54
04-10-08, 09:33 AM
<TABLE id=sc-pageitem-91634 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>http://wellsville.ny.schoolwebpages.com/images/pageitems/112323/p1056561308_91634.jpg?sc_id=1180356791 The Daughter of a Marine

To: MALS13 ALL HANDS
Subject: FW: The Daugher of a Marine

Black Widows,
I very seldom find cause to use the "All Hands" button. Yet I would like to share this story with you all. It is an excellent portrayal of our YOUNG LEADERS and the way most of America feels about our contributions. Admittedly I did tear up reading it and wouldn't you know it several senior Marines have been in my office this morning. So be careful where you read it. To all Marines this is a perfect example of selflessness. Cost = a few tears and moments of a Marine's time value = TRULY PRICELESS!!!! One little girl just lite up and many people instantly reaffirmed what many have ask; where do such magnificent warriors of such valor come from.

If my reaction is a bit over the top, allow me the consideration that I'm having a great day. Thank you all for what you do and as always try EVERYDAY to be better than YESTERDAY.........

Semper Fi,
Kurt F. Hudson
MGySgt USMC
MALS 13 Maintenance Chief

The Daughter of a Marine

Last week I was in Atlanta, Georgia attending a conference. While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately turned around and witnessed one of the greatest act's of patriotism I have ever seen. Moving thru the terminal was a group of Marines in their camo's, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands waving and cheering. When I saw the Marines, probably 30-40 of them, being applauded and cheered for it hit me. I'm not alone. I'm not the only red blooded American who still loves this country and supports our troops and their families. Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without fear or reprisal. Just when I thought I could not be more proud of my country or of our service men and women a young girl, not more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male Marines. He kneeled down and said "hi," the little girl then she asked him if he would give something to her daddy for her. The young Marine, he didn't look any older than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the little girl grabbed the neck of this Marine, gave him the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him on the cheek. The mother of the little girl, who said her daughters name was Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine and had been in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father, the young soldier began to tear up. When this temporarily single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the Marines huddled together for a brief second. Then one of the other Marines pulled out a military looking walkie-talkie. They started playing with the device and talking back and forth on it. After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young Marine walked back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, "I spoke to your daddy and he told me to give this to you." He then hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying "your daddy told me to tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming home very soon." The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as the young Marine stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away from this entire event unfolded. As the Marines began to leave, heading towards their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there applauding and looked around, their were very few dry eyes, including my own. That young Marine in one last act of selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our Marines, soldiers, sailors, airmen, and their families and thank God for them and their sacrifices.

I found this story on a school's website...the school is located in Wellsville, NY and has a whole entire section honored to service men and women. This story caught my eye and seriously reminded me of why I made the choice to join the Marines. This young Marine in this story showed exactly why the Marines are said to be "The few and the proud" His maturity far beyond his age is something that attracts many of us Poolees into joining the worlds most elite fighting force. This story seriously brought tears to my eyes and I think would do the same to any Marine on the website who has a family and any other poolee. I didnt really know where to post this so I figured I would just put it in the poolee hall. Adminstrators if it needs to be moved please adjust me.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mrines14
04-10-08, 09:41 AM
Interesting story...I'm curious, would the Marines really have connections to the father like that, that easily?

outlaw3179
04-10-08, 10:57 AM
Seriously did you just ask that? It was something nice the Marines did for a little girl. I think only you and the little girl believed it. Its supposed to be a nice story. Now go haze yourself.

ttracker65
04-10-08, 11:03 AM
Does it Matter?

rvillac2
04-10-08, 11:38 AM
Now go haze yourself.
OMG, Outlaw, bringing back memories. That's an order only an NCO can understand. ha ha ha.

jrhd97
04-10-08, 11:55 AM
... Now go haze yourself.
LMAO! :yes:
It was a great story.

Artemis
04-10-08, 01:01 PM
Who gives a shiat if he actually did talk to that little girls Dad. In her mind it really did happen and made her happy and thats all that really matters.

LeonardLawrence
04-10-08, 07:14 PM
Drock,

Great post and some quick thinking Marines made some family really happy.

It is nice to see our brothers-at-arms taking care of our own.

Good thing Courtney wasn't quick enough to want to "talk" to daddy :D

Jonny Destroyer
04-10-08, 07:17 PM
OMG, Outlaw, bringing back memories. That's an order only an NCO can understand. ha ha ha.

BAHAHHAHAHA...I love'd pulling that one out of my little NCO "bag-of-tricks".

Especially since I was a newly promoted NCO just before we left Iraq, and as soon as we got back to the rear, we had a "boot-drop".

YEEEEEEHAW BABY! FRESH FRIGGIN MEAT!!! :evilgrin:

Big Jim
04-10-08, 09:59 PM
Seriously did you just ask that? It was something nice the Marines did for a little girl. I think only you and the little girl believed it. Its supposed to be a nice story. Now go haze yourself.

LMFAO!!!! I was thinking to myself the same dam thing when I read his question!!! Can we say R-O-C-K, boys and girls?? He can just begin....!!!

baby killer
06-12-08, 01:11 PM
shut up ****ing ***t face baby slaughterer i am a jappo sympathiser go cry to your mythical jesus read your story book called the bible
im going to pay time to vladimier putin

jrhd97
06-12-08, 01:20 PM
How about a profile dip sh1t. Or are too f8cking stuped.

outlaw3179
06-12-08, 02:58 PM
lol..umm wtf.