PDA

View Full Version : IST and PFT

ballin2010
04-07-08, 10:49 AM
I was wondering,

when you get to Boot I know each recruit has to take the IST and the PFT, what happens if a recruit fails the PFT
and do either of these tests determine what platoon one is assigned to?

davblay
04-07-08, 11:07 AM
I was wondering,

when you get to Boot I know each recruit has to take the IST and the PFT, what happens if a recruit fails the PFT
and do either of these tests determine what platoon one is assigned to?
On Friday or Saturday, of your first week you will take the IST (initial strength test), if you fail you will be assigned to the PCP (physical Conditioning Platoon) where you will stay until you can pass the IST (usually 1 to 3 weeks).

While in Boot Camp you will take the PFT (Physical fitness test) at least twice, once in the first phase and then in the third phase. Again if you fail either of these PFTs you are subject to being dropped to PCP, where you will stay until you can pass the PFT!

If you are dropped to PCP, you will not return to the same platoon, you will be in a new platoon to complete your training. The time in PCP is not counted as training days, therefore PCP adds to your stay on MCRD by the number of days you are there in PCP. So your 13 week stay could turn into 16-18 weeks stay.

Note: You do not want to go to PCP! Do your PT and get ready before you ship out! Your recruiter can help you.