PDA

View Full Version : Deployment Question

JamesBatier
04-03-08, 07:37 PM
I'm currently a 92 day reservist with a unit deploying this summer. I completed boot camp last summer and have been at university all this year. The unit is attending doing AT this May (2 days after I finish classes), and mobilizing shortly thereafter. Is there any way I will be able to deploy with my unit despite not having attended the rest of my training? The unit is deploying as a PSC, and they're doing 3 months of work-up training prior, so I don't see why I couldn't do my job just as effectively, but I know there are rules and MARADMINS about this trash. Thanks.

LCpl Baker

Post Script- I'm pending an account change, I haven't been on for a long time and I've submitted the request this afternoon.

RYDERKUR
04-03-08, 07:53 PM
How is it interfering? You'll be done with SOI by mid-July and you'll be able to catch back up with your unit during their work up, or that's how I've heard it works before.

ttracker65
04-03-08, 08:01 PM
There is speciel training involved with pre-deployment and usualy they are very strict on weather you have completed it or not to be able to deploy

Jonny Destroyer
04-03-08, 08:10 PM
There is speciel training involved with pre-deployment and usualy they are very strict on weather you have completed it or not to be able to deploy

As long as he finishes SOI he's basically good-to-go for the deployment. Maybe they do it differently for reservists, though.

All I know is, my SOI company graduated a week early so we could get attatched to a unit going to Iraq. This was back in 2003. I was in the fleet for 3 days before I was on the ship heading to Kuwait. I did most of my fleet war training on a boat, and in the open desert of Kuwait for a month. Pretty crazy stuff!

-CPL Maines:usmc:

egbutler1
04-03-08, 08:36 PM
Johnny is right me and him went threw about the same time, on different sides of the country and while i didn't get to attend the first push into Iraq many of my buddies were pulled out early and sent to their units and 3 days later on a ship headed to kuwait. I don't think this should be a problem.

ttracker65
04-03-08, 08:57 PM
I stand corrected. You did your enviromentel in Kuwait as well as your security comand and control /communications in country?

JamesBatier
04-03-08, 10:33 PM
Just to clarify- I'm not infantry. In fact, no one in the unit is infantry, it's part of the 4th MAW. I'm personally a 0121, which means I'd have 4 weeks of MCT and 6 weeks of MOS training. This becomes a problem because they're basically training everyone to become MPs/Infantry for the deployment- this is training I've got a feeling it wouldn't be a good idea to miss.

rvillac2
04-04-08, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I think you're gonna miss it. Is your whole unit deploying? or just 100 or so.

Marine84
04-04-08, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I'll feel better knowing they handed you a weapon and sent you into something you weren't prepared for.