PDA

View Full Version : Checking In

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-03, 05:25 PM
Thought I would stop by here and say hello. I have been lurking for awhile, but never posted. But, now that I have that first post out of the way, I figured I should introduce myself a little. But, I am sure nobody cares too much about which unit I was in, or where I was. I am pretty sure that I never ran into any of you all. So, I guess I will just say I am an "old timer" according to some, but those people are still crapping civillian chow. I miss my Marine Corps, as I am sure each of you does, so I am glad to have found a new home for an inactive Marine. Semper Fi brothers and sisters.

wrbones
04-22-03, 05:36 PM
Better be careful, brother! I'm in my mid forties and I'm a boot to a lot of these guys! LMAO. and we have seen folks reunited for the first time in years on these boards as well!!! Some folks'll be checkin' yer profile anyway, so it don't matter! LOL.

We got a few WW II vets runnin' around and Marines from then all the way to active duty Marines! As far as MOS's go, we got 'em all, I think! LOL. Even a couple, three Colonels runnin' around! Got some kids we're tryin' to break in and families of Marines. Hell, the list is too long to screw with right now!!

And you ain't inactive, just on detached civilain duty fer a bit is all! :D

Yer home, Marine.

Relax and sit a spell.

Bones

thedrifter
04-22-03, 05:44 PM
Welcome........

Old Timers......Hell most will tell you that I'm old.....but the way I look at it.....It's the way we feel.........LOL.....

If they tell you any bad stories about me.....don't believe them.....only listen to the good ones.....that's the ones I spread around.....LOL

Bones that's right you are a boot to me....LMAO.......

Welcome Aboard........

Sempers,

Roger

JAMarine
04-22-03, 05:56 PM
Welcome Home Brother.

To your comment:

But, I am sure nobody cares too much about which unit I was in, or where I was.

Yes we care. You damn right we do. Cop a rack and grab a squat.

Your Family Now!

Glad you found us.

greensideout
04-22-03, 08:50 PM
E4B,

Welcome, glad you found this place. Step in and look around.

On the walls you will find memories of places we served, battles we fought, friends we made, the things we laugh and cry about, feelings that can only be shared by Marines with Marines.

Welcome on board brother!

MillRatUSMC
04-22-03, 10:58 PM
Radio call signs...seeing yours, made me think that just the other day.
I was looking at these old black and white photos of Bravo Co 3rd Recon Bn.
On back of one was "Saint Joe Bravo, Saint Joe Bravo" that was from 1964 on Tiawan.
I doubt that they're still using that call sign.
Might your translates as "Weapons Platoon Sgt, Echo Co?"
Thanks for bring back that memory.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-03, 11:05 PM
Mine translates to Cpl (Echo Four=E-4) Bell (Bravo) just a generic call sign of rank and name used within the platoon and when doing gear checks and the like. However, I know where you get the Wpns. Platoon Sgt and Echo company from. We ran into a few people that had a billet that matched our call signs from time to time. Just makes for more fun I suppose.

On another note, it is nice to be welcomed by a group of Marines. It has been too long! Thanks to all for the warm greetings, I am looking forward to getting to know each of you better.

mrbsox
04-22-03, 11:21 PM
E-4-B

Browse around the forums, check out the threads. Bottom right corner, re-set 'the clock' to show stuff over 30 days to get some 'old' scoop. Go back aways, do some searches when an idea pops in yer head. Sit back, have a brew, and reminice with the rest of us. :D It's a good place to come after work, aw hell, during work :banana:

Watch out for 'bones... He'll keep you on yer toes, and keep you ticking. Read the 'Morning Coffee' for words of wisdom (when he's not flirting with the ladies).

The Drifter (wink to Ms. Ellie) will keep you up to date on the news and such, and throw a curve ball from time to time.

Hell.... maybe the best way to describe this place is 'open squad bay' of the best guys and gals you'll run into.

Welcome, Semper Fi, and have a brew.

firstsgtmike
04-23-03, 04:23 AM
As a CW operator, my personal call sign, whenever I could get away with it was Uniform Uniform Deuce.

Sing it to the William Tell Overture, or the theme song from the Long Ranger radio program.

di di dum, di di dum, di di dum dum dum.

It swings, either with a handkey or a speed key.

kubba
04-23-03, 06:36 PM
I'm still new here too. But I already feel at home . Glad to have you here.
Where else can you get a dancing banana?
Semper FI Do or Die
stan:banana:

greensideout
04-23-03, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by firstsgtmike

Sing it to the William Tell Overture,

di di dum, di di dum, di di dum dum dum.

Now that we know that you write music -----LOL----, have you heard the Marine Corps Hymn sung to the tune of, "Ghost Riders In The Sky?

Preacher
04-24-03, 09:54 AM
Grab a rack, have seat on a footlocker, have a beer and a cigar and relax, you'll have yer chance a firewatch soon enough.
:D :D
Oh, and look out fer the Drifter, he's a sly one.

SF, Preacher

tommyboy
04-24-03, 10:36 AM
where in Oklahoma are you? My best buddy that I served with is from Muskogee....Im drivin out there next month.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-24-03, 11:10 AM
I live in Stillwater, go to school in Edmond, so I spend my time about half a state away from Muskogee. I am sure you will love Oklahoma though, I bet you won't want to leave.