PDA

View Full Version : Delayed Entry and Surgery

sec9
03-25-08, 07:24 PM
This summer I am going to be getting Jaw surgery to correct my bite, I just started the process a few weeks ago and they put me into braces to get my teeth in position for surgery. Basically I get the surgery this summer, recover for however long it takes to fully recover, which will be months. During this time, the braces will straighten my teeth again then they come off. The whole process will probably last till next May, hopefully earlier.

I wanted to go to boot camp after I got out of high school, but went to college instead do to receiving great financial aid for a reputable school, but college was not for me, for right now atleast. Then after a cluster**** of talks and waiting with the insurance company, I finally found out they approved of the surgery and I will get it done this summer. However, this once again delays me from the Marines.

I want to get into the Delayed Entry Program now, and finally get a shipdate. Will I be able to do that now or soon even though I need a shipdate a year from now, or do I need to wait longer?

Also if I go into the DEP as a Reserve Marine, can I switch to Active?

kbs95125
03-25-08, 07:33 PM
You can switch from reserve to active or active to reserve while in the DEP....

Talk to a recruiter, but you might be SOL because you've already started the process before being in the DEP.

sec9
03-25-08, 07:50 PM
There's an orthodontic part and the medical (surgery) part. All I started was the orthodontic part.