PDA

View Full Version : Using the head

tyoung89
03-22-08, 04:49 PM
Hey any of you marines know if it is really hard to use the head at bootcamp? Does it annoy the drill instructors when recruits are constantly asking? It's just I want to know when it is the smart time to make a head call...

outlaw3179
03-22-08, 04:53 PM
"Sir this recruit requests permission to speak to Sr. Drill Instructor SSgt. Killer. "

Speak thing!

"Sir this recruit requests permission to use the head , sir"

Well is it a f*cking emergency YOU??

"Yes Sir"

Well let me hear your sirens freak!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Wooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now get the f*ck away from me, motherf*cker! Before I drop kick you.

Pretty much kind of went like that.

davblay
03-22-08, 05:05 PM
Hey any of you marines know if it is really hard to use the head at bootcamp? Does it annoy the drill instructors when recruits are constantly asking? It's just I want to know when it is the smart time to make a head call...

Trevor that's a good question, one that I don't believe I've seen asked here before. Recruit training is on a tight schedule so the DIs are not real happy when a recruit wants/needs to make an unscheduled head call. Consider this, the DIs have a set amout of time to get his platoon from one point to another, If 1, 2 or 3 recruits have to make an emergengy Head call, then that is about 5 minutes, minimum, for those to go pee, more if they have to crap!

TIP: Your system will adapt to thier schedule for head calls after a short while, so it really shouldn't be a problem for you.

Answer to your question: Yes it annoys them, but they understand and they deal with it in thier own way. :evilgrin:

NUFF SAID!

Dave

SGT7477
03-22-08, 05:07 PM
Yes they have their own ways of dealing with the head,LMFAO.

semperfi170
03-22-08, 07:50 PM
Poolee you already have made an error in paying attention to detail!! You will always capitalize Marine when referring to us.:!: That being said, I strongly suggest that you re-read and heed rules for posting.

Wyoming
03-22-08, 07:53 PM
Kim (84), and this one is worried about going pee pee.

Like Dave, I have never heard this one before ... oops, I gotta go potty. I'll make a drink on the way back.:beer:

semperfi170
03-22-08, 08:07 PM
Better to request a head call, than pee yourself and be humiliated even more! :banana:

Jdncowboy
03-22-08, 09:09 PM
In our platoon we had a guy with a bladder smaller than a 2 yr olds. he was always askin to use the head. It came to a point when he wouldnt even finish askin permission to speak, they would just point to the head, and he go running off. Another good one was:

" This recruit requests permission to speak to DI. @#$$, sir."

"WHAT!!!!"

"This recruit requests permission to make a head call sir."

"Well call the head then."

"Sir?"

"Call the head!"

" HEAD!!!HEAD!!!!"

"Nope it didnt hear you, all well."

WKranz
03-22-08, 10:59 PM
I was gonna ask this, it's one of the few things that has had me worried. Thanks for the info Marines.

Jdncowboy
03-23-08, 03:01 AM
Believe me, making a head call will and should be the least of your worries while you are on the Depot.

SGT7477
03-23-08, 09:14 AM
Poolee you already have made an error in paying attention to detail!! You will always capitalize Marine when referring to us.:!: That being said, I strongly suggest that you re-read and heed rules for posting.
If they keep forgetting to capitalize lightning will strike soon, Marine.:evilgrin: :flag:

darkgreen0311
03-23-08, 08:09 PM
When you get your hour at night to write a letter home and square away your uniform. You will sh*t, shower and shave and then you can **** and sh*t all you want within that hour.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

PatriotGirl422
03-23-08, 08:21 PM
I never once requested a head call. I never asked the DIs anything actually. If I didn't know something, I'd just figure it out myself. I made head calls after lights out and when they told us to go. Luckily, my rack was right by the head so I'd always be able to get in there quickly when they gave us 30 seconds or so. I also never drank water either. I wouldn't suggest for any recruits not to drink water, but I firmly believe that your body learns to need what you give it. And I've never been big on drinking much of anything, so I think my body adapted. I could never drink much water.

outlaw3179
03-23-08, 09:22 PM
How did you not drink water in bootcamp? Hello Waterbowl PT. You need water. Go on a couple of long ass patrols , and see how long you can go without water.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-26-08, 01:29 AM
"Sir this recruit requests permission to speak to Sr. Drill Instructor SSgt. Killer. "

Speak thing!

"Sir this recruit requests permission to use the head , sir"

Well is it a f*cking emergency YOU??

"Yes Sir"

Well let me hear your sirens freak!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Wooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Now get the f*ck away from me, motherf*cker! Before I drop kick you.

Pretty much kind of went like that.

Almost to a T Sgt! We also had to spin around in this kind of gay dance circle, spinning our fingers to simulate code lights to go along with our sirens. In case someone didnt "get it".

tyoung89
03-27-08, 12:32 PM
woh! sorry about not capitalizing MARINES.....I wish I could go back and change it....oh and thanks for the info

awbrown1462
03-27-08, 01:18 PM
we had two Pvt's asked to use the head DI told them to bring him a head back first so they went and got another Pvt and went back to the DI. He ask what now the Pvts said "Sir one head Sir" pull the cover off the Pvt head and bent hiim down to show the DI. He looked at them told then to go to th f**king head and started laughing ( now this was in the last week of Boot Camp)

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-27-08, 09:30 PM
One piece of advice! Take your shets at night! Never urinate in your canteen, and always always, keep your cammies dry. I'm sure most every Marine here has an outstanding story about a tinkler.

wargrudge
03-31-08, 11:30 PM
Haha, the tinklers were great. One of our squad leaders during field week had to go while we were online waiting for hygeine inspection. So he drops down, rolls all the way to the end of the hooches, and just p*sses all over the hooch of another platoon. Surprisingly he didn't get caught even though all of us noticed what was going on.

egbutler1
04-01-08, 12:32 AM
Well man,
Just don't ask LOL. Yeah when i was in boot camp they Water ITed us so recruits were ****in themselfs all the time, i was lucky and avoided that. But I did do alot of studyin before i went to boot and on black friday I asked correctly and my drill instructors where so suprised that they let me go.

outlaw3179
04-01-08, 08:14 AM
One piece of advice! Never urinate in your canteen,

Yep learned that in a real bad way at Cax , damn Warrior Club. also another good piece of advice... If in the middle of the night you need feel the need to rub one out, never use your own sock as a happy sock. Grab your buddies.

"Blue Falcon!"

bgsuwoody
04-01-08, 10:31 AM
This will be the last of your worries. I would always just hold it until we had a scheduled head call like after chow or during square away time or in the morning or after lights out. There is plenty of scheduled time. If not I would just wait for that idiot to ask and go with it. In all seriousness it will be one of the things you think about most the first couple weeks lol, but after that you wont even be worried about a head call. Just learn to hold your bladder.

Remember you can't just quit your ****ing post to make a head call whenever you want and there isn't a drill instructor there to ask. Combat doesn't stop for your bladder.

SgtHopperUSMC
04-12-08, 05:51 AM
There will be canteen inspections. One of the guys in my platoon did use his canteen as a urinal one night. Did not go well for him the next morning.:p

Reagan
04-21-08, 02:00 PM
I've been told that you can use the head pretty much anytime after lightsout. So why do people still **** in their canteens?

egbutler1
04-21-08, 02:22 PM
Combat doesn't stop for your bladder.
You damn right about that, we got ambushed and I had to **** so bad before it happened I took a knee behind my humvee during this fire fight and was ****ing and returning fire at the same time. Good Times.

SgtHMH
04-21-08, 02:23 PM
LOLOLOLOL Ya they have Head calls threw out the day 30 seconds and then, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Freeze Private Freeze, Begin you terd. When I went to Boot we were called Privates. Better wait till the end of the day till shower time.

Semper Fi

SGT7477
04-21-08, 06:52 PM
One piece of advice! Take your shets at night! Never urinate in your canteen, and always always, keep your cammies dry. I'm sure most every Marine here has an outstanding story about a tinkler.
We wore utilities no cammies here.:evilgrin:

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-21-08, 09:27 PM
Old school wardog Sgt. :)

Mindgame
04-30-08, 08:04 AM
YOu start getting used to the sceduale, and knowing when you can sneak in head calls. Youll master crapping as fast as some people take to urinate. That is if you can make it into the ****ter before they get filled up.

One suggestion. The first time you go to the chow hall. Grab a bunch of napkins. I know while we where in forming, we didn't have any TP. And throughout training make sure you have some in your pockets. You never know when your Drill Instructors might take your TP away. Also. The building you go to for knowledge runs out of TP really quickly, so it might be hew of you to keep some on you.

The DI's can not deny you a head call, but they know who the usuals are. So they will deny you permission to speak.

Sally
06-04-08, 08:10 AM
Keep asking if they try to ignore you. Better be safe than sorry. I used to know this female that peed in her trousers as she ran into the middle of the pit for pugil sticks. I thought she had a canteen on her or something. Everyone saw, our DIs chewed her out. I can only imagine how embarassing that was for her.

JSchramm08
06-22-08, 03:18 PM
"Good morning Sir! Recruit dumbass requests permission to speak to Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Lebron!"

"WHATTT!?"

"This recruit requests permission to make a head call, Sir!"

"Well, call the head then, and make sure it hears you!!"

"... HEEEAAADDDD!!"

"Feel better?"

"Yes Sir." *frown*

JRHD72
06-22-08, 04:54 PM
Don't piz in your trousers man. They really rag yer az then!

Pete0331
06-22-08, 05:18 PM
Hold it until the lights go out.

YutYut
08-21-08, 08:58 PM
One suggestion. The first time you go to the chow hall. Grab a bunch of napkins. I know while we where in forming, we didn't have any TP. And throughout training make sure you have some in your pockets. You never know when your Drill Instructors might take your TP away. Also. The building you go to for knowledge runs out of TP really quickly, so it might be hew of you to keep some on you.

Yeah, we definitely used the cardboard role to wipe our asses many times. Just tear it apart along its seem in "sheets." That sucked.

Gary Hall
08-22-08, 10:02 AM
Yes they have their own ways of dealing with the head,LMFAO.
Couldn't resist this topic, Marines. What I'm fixin' to relate is one reason why my family tells me to just shut up & go away. As you might imagine, I live alone. **** calls are not going to get any easier as life progresses, I'm 77. But I've learned to handle the circumstances without any undue shame, though still manage to not be offensive in public (perhaps triflin' or sneaky). I drive a 1-ton and if you should happen to pass an old white man stopped on the roadside, in broad daylight, standing innocently looking behind a partially open door, it'll be old self calmly making a head call. Honk as you go on by. I find it neat and efficient to keep a handy paper cup on the dash, it prevents shoe splash & **** tracks on trousers legs plus you don't waste any time or fuel expense hunting up the 1st Div Head. (Girls, I find you all can do this just as efficiently.) Plus it's a better method of dispersing prime fertilizer on the grass, as urine & horses--t (a lot of both generated by Marines I remember) make the grass grow green. Perhaps Al Gore will take this up. Gung Ho, Gary Hall.

Dave Coup
08-22-08, 02:50 PM
We wore utilities no cammies here.:evilgrin:
Have to agree with that, cammies sounds too freakin' doggie cute:evilgrin:

ThisDayAMarine
08-27-08, 07:38 AM
Ok, first off, the drill instuctors aren't technically aloud to not give you a headcall because they can get into trouble with the higher. Of course, some of them won't let you time permitting. Never ask to make a headcall when your learning knowledge or doing something with your platoon such as drill, weapons maintenance or other things as such. The drill instructor will get ****ed and **** you up because he thinks your headcall is more important than what he's teaching you. Good times to go are during daily weapons maintenance, cleaning the squadbay, or free time. Always state the proper greeting of the day "Good morning, Sir." followed by "This recruite requests permission to speak to drill instructor hardass" After he acknowledges you, you then request permission to make a headcall. He will ask you if its an emergency (never ask to make an emergency headcall because their is no such thing.) and if you have to go that bad, he will make you turn on your sirens and double time to the head.

Jusaskme
09-04-08, 07:36 PM
I never once requested a head call. I never asked the DIs anything actually. If I didn't know something, I'd just figure it out myself. I made head calls after lights out and when they told us to go. Luckily, my rack was right by the head so I'd always be able to get in there quickly when they gave us 30 seconds or so. I also never drank water either. I wouldn't suggest for any recruits not to drink water, but I firmly believe that your body learns to need what you give it. And I've never been big on drinking much of anything, so I think my body adapted. I could never drink much water.

Poolee's if you would like a silver bullet (a.k.a a thermometric stuck up your a*s) then don't drink water. For those of you who that does not sound appealing to, you should drink or at least try to drink 12 to 14 canteens I never was able to drink more then 10 but I tried. Don't be afraid to ask for a head call if you need to make one, really whats the worst that can happen you get I.T'd or you **** yourself get made fun of and prob I.T'd anyway.lol

Jusaskme
09-04-08, 07:49 PM
Keep asking if they try to ignore you. Better be safe than sorry. I used to know this female that peed in her trousers as she ran into the middle of the pit for pugil sticks. I thought she had a canteen on her or something. Everyone saw, our DIs chewed her out. I can only imagine how embarassing that was for her.

hahaha We had a girl that peed her self during baby days she got chewed out but what makes it worst is that she later became our guide and she peed herself again at the rifle range. lol Our SDI was ****ed, she got fired right then. "Are you ****in serious? A grown ****in woman ****in on herself like a child"

Mikewebe
09-04-08, 08:16 PM
OH my, I never thought about those types of probs. Love my WM's but never seen a guy pee or crap himself at the range. :p

Qwarkeh
09-04-08, 09:31 PM
Just one thing. If you have to make a head call and you're not in the squadbay GO WITH A BUDDY! Seriously, we had one girl go by herself one time and she almost got dropped for it.

Scottie0417
09-07-08, 11:34 PM
I don't know how they do it at Parris Island but when we were at the circles during grass week up at Pendleton there was a sand pit next to the porta-sh*tters. Anyone was free to make a head call except there was always a Drill Instructor waiting to slay them. My platoon's circle was the one closest to the heads so we could see all the games that the DIs played. Needless to say, none of us in my platoon ever made a head call during grass week.

LanceCriminal
09-14-08, 09:26 PM
Don't piz in your trousers man. They really rag yer az then!

haha ya I remember one night during third phase the fire alarm started going off in our squadbay at like 2 am (secretly I think the DI's were screwing with us, but they said it was a malfunction) so we all had to run outside in shower shoes and green on green and stand in formation outside. Well we had this one recruit in my platoon who was the guide until he peed himself. Well this night he just so happened to do it in formation. My best friend from bootcamp was standing next to him and this kid just started peeing down his leg and a puddle started forming underneath him (remember we were wearing shower shoes) so my buddy....who did not want to be standing in a puddle of someone elses urine took one step backwards. Our Drill hat came over and started yelling at him till he realized the kid standing in a puddle of ****. He then looked at my fellow recruit and said (and i will never forget this) "Any other day I would have just ****ed you up, but I would have moved away from this sick ****er too!" (then looking at the kid who made the puddle) "You remind me of a little chihuahua. First you stand there and shake and make all kinds of high pitched squeeky noises, then you **** all over everything. You make me sick!" That kid had firewatch every night after that so he could be sure to use the head at night and wash his cammies incase he did pee himself.

When you get to boot camp dont be afraid to ask to use the head. The DI's are gonna yell at you anyway. Worse if you pee yourself. It is better to ask and have them make you look like an idiot (dancing around making siren noises) than peeing on yourself and making yourself look like an idiot.

polizei
09-29-08, 04:00 PM
This is actually one problem/issue I was curious about, and am glad it got asked. I have a small bladder, so I go 3-4-5+ times a day depending on how much I drink. If I drink a lot of water I'll be going all the time! I know I'll try to hold it, but my bladder fills quickly. If I'm drinking a lot, I'll have to pee every hour. Ut Oh...

SGT7477
09-29-08, 07:30 PM
This is actually one problem/issue I was curious about, and am glad it got asked. I have a small bladder, so I go 3-4-5+ times a day depending on how much I drink. If I drink a lot of water I'll be going all the time! I know I'll try to hold it, but my bladder fills quickly. If I'm drinking a lot, I'll have to pee every hour. Ut Oh...

You might be ****ing in your pants.:evilgrin:

polizei
10-01-08, 10:34 AM
Thanks Sgt, I fully understand and am working towards learning how to hold my bladder.

mbwood
10-13-08, 07:47 PM
This is something i was curious about, too. I'm more curious, howerver, about when using the head how easy it is to get a ****ter. I can hold my bladder, well, because I drink a lot of water normally and I'm use to it. My problem is I **** a few times a day on average and I'm more worried about getting access to them, ha.

Sgt Jim
10-13-08, 07:54 PM
Outlaw,that brings back old times,almost forgot.naaaa

martinj
11-05-08, 02:03 PM
Well man,
Just don't ask LOL. Yeah when i was in boot camp they Water ITed us so recruits were ****in themselfs all the time, i was lucky and avoided that. But I did do alot of studyin before i went to boot and on black friday I asked correctly and my drill instructors where so suprised that they let me go.

Is there another way to ask to make a head call on black friday besides the regular protocol?

SupChf
11-05-08, 02:46 PM
When you get your hour at night to write a letter home and square away your uniform. You will sh*t, shower and shave and then you can **** and sh*t all you want within that hour.

:marine: :flag: SEMPER FI 4 LIFE

Soon after arrival you can do all at the same time!!!!

Emu
04-15-09, 05:04 PM
Go whenever they give you an opportunity. And if the platoon is late and you can wait, hold it - the DIs will notice and appreciate it.

If you really have to go, keep asking until they finally give in (esp. if you're not doing anything important, e.g. standing in formation waiting for the rest of the series, and the only reason they're denying you is because they don't feel like supervising the inevitable flood of recruits crossing the road to the heads). And don't wait until the last second and you pathetically shake or move around or whatever.

Like it's been said, they can't deny you a headcall...until Marine week, that is, as one of my DI's happily informed me ('When you're recruits we can't deny you headcalls, but now that you're Marines I can. Go away!').

chadhertz
04-15-09, 08:44 PM
I'm guessing this is what it will be like if you screw up asking and **** them off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGqCGALd5I

LittleBit
04-16-09, 11:01 AM
What about during the Crucible? Do you just go wherever if you have a break?

Alisium
04-16-09, 11:26 AM
This is something i was curious about, too. I'm more curious, howerver, about when using the head how easy it is to get a ****ter. I can hold my bladder, well, because I drink a lot of water normally and I'm use to it. My problem is I **** a few times a day on average and I'm more worried about getting access to them, ha.

I didn't crap for the first three days at recruit training. Not until our first full day with our platoon.

Urinating can be nasty. When they say three to a pizzer they mean it and some people can't aim. And then there's always blowback.

You'll become more regular and as time progresses in recruit training, sh*ting is actually time when you go take a crap, write letters, talk with other recruits about puh-cee, food and the overall events of the day.

Alisium
04-16-09, 11:28 AM
What about during the Crucible? Do you just go wherever if you have a break?

There's port-a-johns everywhere, at least in Pendleton. When it's appropriate you can use the head.

You don't start shi*ting in the bushes until you're actually in the grunts. Then, as in recruit training it's social hour.

LoudLodge
04-16-09, 11:16 PM
I don't know how it is at PI, but for San Diego recruits, whatever you do, try to not use the head during the marksmanship classes in 2nd phase unless you want a serious workout!!! The DI's love lurking in the bushes around the head and ITing recruits who are "ditching class". By some miracle I managed to avoid getting ITed, mostly because I have a bladder of solid steel and just never used the head much.

Though there was this one time where my buddy Burke and I paired up to use the portajohns during the land-nav class in Field Week. Drill Instructors Sgt. Caudle and Ssgt Heffer and I think one or two others who I couldn't make out, were there waiting for us. They crammed us into the portajohn, made us war cry the whole time while we were ****ing, all while they were rocking it back and forth, screaming, banging on the walls, reaching in and grabbing us and slamming the door open and closed.

At the time I was hungry, tired and ticked off, but looking back on it now it's pretty hilarious. It was kind of like a 50 second haunted house ride. I highly recommend it.

sbombard15
04-16-09, 11:32 PM
So with all this talk of using the head i take it the di's dont like you ****ing in "their" bushes?

NoRemorse
04-17-09, 07:36 AM
That would be DI or Drill Instructor. Second, never p!ss or sh!t in their bushes or anywhere on their Depot that's not the head or a portajohn.

And never ever sh!t when the sun is up. You do not sh!t on the Drill Instructor's time.

AlanJames
04-28-09, 10:56 AM
What happens if someone pess their pants? what do they do then?

SGT7477
04-28-09, 07:25 PM
You don't want to find out.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
04-28-09, 08:23 PM

It's too late now...it's on the floor....your Playtex girdle...won't hold NO more!

When you get older in the Marines...you will be able to pizz up a rope....:evilgrin:

AlanJames
04-28-09, 09:15 PM
I got a feeling im gonna **** myself like 12 times, lol

PaidinBlood
04-28-09, 09:44 PM

...I suppose I would change them, but that's just me...I guess you'll cross that bridge when you come to it, Pampers...

http://disposablediaper.net/images/PampersKingSize.jpg
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:w75XSDjFGEK1cM:http://www.youknowsit.co.uk/lowtech/images/gallery22/pampers.jpg

Cressler
08-05-09, 04:31 PM
Aren't we suppose to speak in third person? Recruit (name) request permission and so on? thats what my recruiter told me

I've heard about the sirens they do that at army basic training my brother in law was telling me about it i can't wait to see someone have to do it haha