PDA

View Full Version : Firearms on base?

TSchultz
03-21-08, 11:30 PM
Are Marines allowed to have (hunting/sport) firearms and bows on base?
Are Marines allowed to carry and conceal firearms on or off base if state laws permit?

Thanks for the responses,
-Tim

Phantom Blooper
03-21-08, 11:39 PM
Registered and put in the armory. If married and live in base housing you must declare the weapons but you can keep them in quarters. Been awhile,but there may be a required safety course to register at PMO.:evilgrin:

awbrown1462
03-21-08, 11:43 PM
as far as conceal carry goes the answer is no no matter what the state say

TSchultz
03-21-08, 11:48 PM
Thank you both.

rvillac2
03-21-08, 11:59 PM
You are going to find out that even though we are in the profession of arms, we are treated like children when it comes to handling them. I loved pulling duty with an empty sidearm. LOL.

I have a dream that veterans should be allowed to carry/conceal on a federal level. ah, to dream.

Covey_Rider
03-22-08, 12:31 AM
You are going to find out that even though we are in the profession of arms, we are treated like children when it comes to handling them. I loved pulling duty with an empty sidearm. LOL.

Don't know about them being empty anymore...thank god. Every time that I've been assigned some sort of duty that required being armed I've always had 2 magazines...one in the weapon with no round in the chamber, but ready, and the other in a pouch. Although I'm not sure if the SOG gets rounds or not...I'm pretty sure they do...it would be stupid if they didn't haha. Daddy does say no to many things.

rvillac2
03-22-08, 02:06 AM
Yeah, in my time it was both magazines in the pouch.

What always made me laugh, though, was whenever our unit moves. I hope it's different now, but a whole company of rifleman and their crewserved weapons will move around the countryside with only 4 Marines with ammo for thier sidearms. Three Cryps could have robbed us blind.