PDA

View Full Version : Best Aviation MOS to get FAA License?

MKEY88
03-13-08, 12:59 AM
Hi! I'm new here. I've searched and I've searched but I have come up with nothing that is closely related with my question at hand here. I have gone to the recruiter a couple times and I'm going to him again tomorrow, but I have something that I am wondering. I was wondering what MOS is the best MOS to get that will help me get closer to gaining an FAA A&P Mechanic License? What MOS's are closest to an airframe mechanic or powerplant mechanic? I noticed that the Marines has this program called the Navy and Marine Corps Airframes and Powerplant Program. Is there a certain MOS I must have to qualify for this program. Any information on this program will really help me out. Also any aircraft mechanics out there with any information will be greatly appreciated also. Thanks in advance guys.

davblay
03-13-08, 01:13 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

follow the link...then read and heed!

rvillac2
03-13-08, 01:43 AM
Jetdoc, Up!!!

Artemis
03-13-08, 11:16 AM
Okay being that I was an Airframe Mechanic I can help you out a little bit. If you get the MOS of Airframes it will help you out a lot after you finish A&P school because insted of starting out as an apprentice you will start out as a journeyman. There is no MOS that you will hold in the Wing that the Civilians will say well thats good enough for me you will still have to go to an actual A&P school. Being a mechanic will also help you because you will have previous experience but they are two completely different MOS's. How this helps. If you have any more spacific questions PM me and I will help as much as I can.