PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

JoeInVille
03-12-08, 09:12 PM
A former Marine (0331) told me that after I get used to life at boot camp that I should start really working my ass off (I would normally, but he said push as hard as possible at Boot Camp) because SOI is way more physically demanding. Is this true? I will obviously work as hard as possible to be in the best physical shape to be ready for Boot Camp but should I be pushing myself even harder all the way through Boot Camp?

JoeInVille
03-12-08, 09:20 PM
OOPS! I didnt see another topic had the time title! My bad.

davblay
03-12-08, 09:29 PM
A former Marine (0331) told me that after I get used to life at boot camp that I should start really working my ass off (I would normally, but he said push as hard as possible at Boot Camp) because SOI is way more physically demanding. Is this true? I will obviously work as hard as possible to be in the best physical shape to be ready for Boot Camp but should I be pushing myself even harder all the way through Boot Camp?

When you think you've done all you can......do more! :marine:

WalkingMan
03-13-08, 07:43 AM

Boot Camp is sort of like the stretching exercises you do to get loosened up before a real workout, if you are a Field Combat operator of any sort.

SOI (It was called BITS when I went through) was pretty much an extension of Boot Camp, which taught you basic Infantry skills, and got you more used to living out in the elements, and humping full gear over terrain that was so difficult that the Enemy would probably not be expecting to be approached from that direction, because they could not imagine that any sane human being would be physically and mentally capable of executing such an approach.

DWG
03-13-08, 07:47 AM
Boot Camp is sort of like the stretching exercises you do to get loosened up before a real workout, if you are a Field Combat operator of any sort.

SOI (It was called BITS when I went through) was pretty much an extension of Boot Camp, which taught you basic Infantry skills, and got you more used to living out in the elements, and humping full gear over terrain that was so difficult that the Enemy would probably not be expecting to be approached from that direction, because they could not imagine that any sane human being would be physically and mentally capable of executing such an approach.

That's just it; no sane human would, only a Marine! :evilgrin: