PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 7051 mos

agb123
03-12-08, 06:22 PM
I am new to this so I will give it anothther try. Im 17 years old, I want to be a Marine, I have always wanted to be one above anything else in my life. But lately I have had some questions about the mos I want and i have no where to go to get them answered.
The mos I am looking at is 7051 crash fire rescue. The first thing is siging up, i heard only reserves get the promise of an mos and active duty either gets a a "dream list" or you just choose a field and hope for the best.
Also i am wondering on what kind of grunt work they do, i know ever Marine is a Marine but do they go on patrols like grunts do and what not? Any information on this would be great and would greatly be appriciated.
Thank you for your time.

Wiggles
03-12-08, 06:39 PM
I cannot speak directly for that MOS, but every Marine signs up for basically a "dream list". Reservists might be different based on what MOS's are offered at their drilling station. But I went in for Air Traffic control, and ended up doing Air Defense/Support. On the list of possible MOS's for me would have been ATC, Weather, Enlisted Flight Crew. But I ended up with what I got. Main thing, if you are thinking of joining, do it. I got out after 5 years, and I miss every day.

Oh, and every Marine has some type of patrolling to do every now and then as far as I know. Not like the Grunts, but you pull security details and such. Join man, it will help you out in life.

agb123
03-12-08, 11:20 PM
Thank you for the reply.
Either way im joining, I want to earn the right to be called a Marine i could really care less what my MOS.

Is anybody out there a 7051 and could give me some ideas what it is like?

BOWLESEY
03-12-08, 11:30 PM
your best chance of getting what you want is to enlist for the shortest time possible. And when it come's time to reinlist you have a good chance of getting what you want.

agb123
03-13-08, 12:03 AM
OK, thank you for feed back this has really helped me.

Wiggles
03-13-08, 02:41 PM
Good for you. You should update your status to "poolee" soon.

agb123
03-13-08, 04:46 PM
I will soon, over the summer im getting everything figured out and squared away. Can't wait.