PDA

View Full Version : Reservist into PLC

DangerMMA
03-07-08, 11:33 AM
Yes I know this topic has been discussed several times and I posted on here a while back about going into the 92 Day and then into PLC, but I havent found the direct answers I am looking for.

I have been talking to the Orlando OSO office and heres is where I stand at now:

I am in college with one year under my belt. 3.8 GPA with a full scholarship from Bright Futures (A FL based scholarship). I have been told by my recruiter and the OSO Officers that going into PLC from the reserves is a very good way to come in and also will benefit me in the long run of becoming an officer in the Marine Corps. Basically they told me that I will benefit by the experience I gain at BC, making OCS much easier for me. I will also have the added experience of being in the Corps for four years before I am commisioned as an officer as opposed to just going into PLC with out going to BC and MOS school.

Originally I wanted to go witht he 92 day program and then directly into PLC, however I was just informed that if you are a reservist going into PLC you MUST have an MOS and the 92 day program is mostly there for highschool seniors that can do BC before they get to college and then do their MOS training after their college freshman year. With me already having one year done they (OSO and my recruiters) are saying that I should just go into the reserves, do BC over the summer and then go for my MOS (2844 Communications) right after. This would cause me to miss my Fall semester of college but I was told I would get college credits from BC and MOS school. Also by doing this I would NOT lose me scholarship...they (Bright Futures) will place it on hold indefinatly for Military service.

What is your feelings on this plan?

ttracker65
03-07-08, 11:48 AM
Very good, As an officer you will do just fine you have learned one of the hardest lessons officers have to learn, You are asking experience to help to complete the mission. Good Job! By the way my best Plt Commander started his career as reserves and his name lives on in the minds of his men. Lt Mad Dog Dirker and may he live to fight another day! In the end you will find the answer in your heart and soul. Good luck on your future career.