PDA

View Full Version : Colorblind

Mitchell Snell
03-06-08, 10:36 AM
I want to be a Marine. My goal as a Marine is to be as elite as I can be to put down as many terrorist as I can. I'm sick of hearing what the media has to say about our military and the fact that terrorist have been attacking our country and our freedom for my whole life and before that. I want to do somthing elite beyond infantry and am colorblind. A position I'm interested in is FAST Company but I dont want to join Security Forces and end up standing around a base all day. Nothing against those guys we obviously need them cause if we didn't we wouldn't have them. So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows of somthing elite beyond normal infantry that I could do being clorblind?

Parker-0321
03-06-08, 10:58 AM
Welcome aboard.

1) Read the forum rules
2) Fill out your profile

You want to be elite beyond infantry? Is there such a thing?? You'll see how many motivated poolee's here are signed for recon or sniper or whatever. But how many Marines here are actually recon? How many snipers are here? If thats what you want, and you think you got the gear for it, then good luck to you. You might make it.

Which reminds me I need to get a name change...

Parker-0321
03-06-08, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the quick actions taken motivator :thumbup:

thewookie
03-06-08, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure FAST company doesn't screen for colorblindness. So if that's your goal then don't let that stop you. I know they don't screen for it at two of the schools that FAST Co guys go to. We didn't screen them at DM school for it, and we didn't at CQB either.

Covey_Rider
03-06-08, 07:48 PM
It all depends on how colorblind you are. Do you no **** see black and white? There are many different types of colorblindness so it really makes a difference...As far as eliteness goes you could try and make it all the way to MARSOC, MSOB, or CAG.

SGT7477
03-06-08, 08:26 PM
Has to be the ****s to be colorblind I have a friend who helps his wife pick out clothes that should match for when she goes to work well when she gets to work all her friends just laugh because nothing matches when she gets home she knows her husband has picked out all the wrong clothes and he takes his ass chewing with a smile,lol.

Mitchell Snell
03-07-08, 09:41 AM
haha. I'm not that color blind. I actually can see every color I just can't pass the test. A Navy recruiter told me my problem was that I can't see two colors next to each other.
If I do join Marine Security Forces how is it determind who goes to FAST Company. I read somwhere that it's a random choice but if thats the truth I don't see why I couldn't get garaunteed it.

OB MSG
03-07-08, 09:51 AM
So, if you look at the little page with the dots and in those dots is a number that is a different color from the other dots you can't see it? I've never seen that before, no pun intended. If you can see most colors, then you should be fine getting into an MOS that will get you to FAST.

Just don't try to go into EOD, you generally only get to go BOOM once.

Mitchell Snell
03-07-08, 10:20 AM
I'm not having any trouble getting into Security Forces, which is what will get me to FAST Company. I just don't want to join Security Forces to sit on my ass at a base. And it isn't my desision on how colorblindness is determind.

thewookie
03-07-08, 05:23 PM
haha. I'm not that color blind. I actually can see every color I just can't pass the test. A Navy recruiter told me my problem was that I can't see two colors next to each other.
If I do join Marine Security Forces how is it determind who goes to FAST Company. I read somwhere that it's a random choice but if thats the truth I don't see why I couldn't get garaunteed it.

I failed the first color blind test at MEPS, then I passed one of the two additional ones that they gave and I was fine, never held me back in my eight years. Most males suffer from some form of color blindness. But any deficiencies in your color blindness will stop you from going EOD, that is for sure.

Who goes to FAST Co is in part determined by who excels at Security Forces school. If you do good at the basic school then you'll have an opportunity to talk to representatives from FAST Co, they'll screen you first and if you pass then assignment will follow. It's not random, if you suck at the basic school and can't shoot or run then you'll be going to a regular Security Forces post. And that's not a slight on any guys in Security Forces, but it's pretty simple the best of the best from Security Forces go to FAST Co. So you control your destiny...