PDA

View Full Version : Quick questions about the asvab and mos's

run like hell
03-06-08, 09:26 AM
I took the asvab and scored a 42 . Im inlisted as infintry but im having second thoughts about it i was wondering if theres a site that could have a list of the other jobs im qualified for .. thanks

I may be leaning towards recon. or scount sniper

20080714 P.I.

PatriotGirl422
03-06-08, 09:39 AM
Most MOS's don't just have requirements for your AFQT score of 42. They have requirements for your composite scores.
If you go on the About.com Military site, http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm and click on
a specific MOS it will tell you the specific Requirements/Prerequisites for that MOS. Most MOS's have requirements
for your GT score.

davblay
03-06-08, 09:41 AM
I took the asvab and scored a 42 . Im inlisted as infintry but im having second thoughts about it i was wondering if theres a site that could have a list of the other jobs im qualified for .. thanks

20080714 P.I.
Why, oh why Lord? My advice Poolee,

1. learn to spell
2. learn proper grammar, an puntuations, capitalizations and such.
3. Talk to your recruiter....he has all the information on you...we don't!
4. A score of 42 isn't bad, but what are your line scores?
5. explain your second thought on Infantry!
6. explain why you want Recon or Scout Sniper!
7. Read the rules for this site before posting again.

It really would be refreshing to have a poolee come here and say I enlisted and I am gonna be a ________ and that's fine with me, the Corps knows best!

But alas!

Not trying to rain on your parade Poolee, but we get this question every other day lately! Use the search engine and get your answers before you waste our time on subject we've covered a dozen times or more, ok?

Welcome to the Site and to the Pool for the Corps, I truly hope you get what you want........God knows if everyone did tho we'd have nothing but Recon and Scout Snipers!

That's my 2 cents!

Dave

run like hell
03-07-08, 09:11 AM
thanks for the help.

ttracker65
03-09-08, 01:44 PM
One thing you will find in your MOS choices....Poolees Listen Up! When you go to Boot you will be being watched towards the end of Boot about your last two weeks you will be seeing a career Officer. At that time he is going to tell you what the Corps needs from you..weather you are fit for the MOS you have choosen or not. He will offer alternitives sometimes with a modified contract bonus. You will not know for sure where you are going without signing one of these contracts. The contracts will state that you will recieve your contract and bonus only after completeing the school the MOS at that time will look like this for example for Infantry 03xx note the last two numbers are not there that is due to you hvae not earned them until you finish school. Bottom line you will know where you are going the day your DI hands your orders to report!

SGT7477
03-09-08, 02:04 PM

20080714 P.I.
It's infantry forget about recon and the sniper thing you have to get through boot camp first,INCOMING.:evilgrin:

Marine84
03-09-08, 05:48 PM
yawn......................

SGT7477
03-09-08, 06:51 PM
yawn......................
You will have to hit alot harder than that.:flag:

Phantom Blooper
03-09-08, 09:04 PM
Im inlisted as infintry

Does this mean you want to be infintry in the Maureen's?

Damn.......Nevermind!:evilgrin: