PDA

View Full Version : Marine friend options?

Angleswander71
03-05-08, 12:41 AM
Hi.
I have a question. Now, this may seem like a dumb question to all of you seasoned veterans out there. But, I have a friend who has wanted to join the marines. It's his dream. But, he's allergic to shellfish. Also, he has a knee problem. He tore a muscle last summer and it bothers him pretty often.
Can he even join the marines...?

(I'm sorry. I don't even know if this is the right site to post something like this.)

If so, I was wondering if there was any kind of career options for him in the military. I understand he wouldn't make it in active combat. But, are there engineers or tech guys or something of the sort? I mean, something that would not be so physically demanding. Do you know where I can find a list of possible career choices?
Sorry, I'm a noob.
Haha.

-Beka

BR34
03-05-08, 06:20 AM
There really are no "not so physically demanding" jobs in the Corps. I'm in disbursing and I still have to run for regular PT Mon-Wed-Fri, then the CO 1st Sgt's PT run on Tuesdays. No matter what job someone gets in the Marine (capitalized by the way) Corps he will always be active.

Your friend needs to talk to a recruiter. His leg problem would probably have to be looked over by a doc at MEPS to determine his eligibility, and even if he's dq'd he can still possibly get a waiver for it.

For job choices, go to google, type in "USMC MOS".

Fill out your profile before replying.