PDA

View Full Version : USMC infintry !!!

run like hell
03-04-08, 04:42 PM
i posted a topic earyler but i frogot to capatlize USMC and it got deleted..

I recently talked to my buddy thats currently in Iraq and when i told him i was joining he was happy for me ... i told him that i wanted to go grunt and he got all upset and told me that grunts or infintry men get treated like **** i just wanted to know if this is true or if any one has any personal experience .... thanks

SlingerDun
03-04-08, 04:47 PM
Yeah sometimes it's true. you better back out while you can

Camper51
03-04-08, 05:35 PM

I recently talked to my buddy thats currently in Iraq and when i told him i was joining he was happy for me ... i told him that i wanted to go grunt and he got all upset and told me that grunts or infintry men get treated like **** i just wanted to know if this is true or if any one has any personal experience .... thanks

What you need to do is read the rules on the poolee section. Proper grammar and punctuation are required here and spelling counts with many of us, even a dang dropout like me...

PS: I can use the ... at the end of my post, it's my signature and I don't use it anywhere else...

sparkie
03-04-08, 05:50 PM
Grunts is grunts, Looked down upon by a lot of Marines,but take care of their own.
Please note all the other Marines are there to serve the grunts. In my day, being a grunt was considered a little low on the pecking order, but times have changed things 200%. They're picked for intelligence now, and serve smarter and harder. Notice the draft is gone, and criminals, dropouts need no longer apply.
Kinda like WMs,, The word BAM no longer applies. [Shouldn't have in the first place] Probably started by dumb grunts. It' a new Marine Corps.

SGT7477
03-04-08, 05:50 PM

Infantry,let's learn how to spell here.:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
03-04-08, 06:01 PM
You PM'ed me with this question and I'll try to answer it here.

Once upon a time in an enchanted land in South Carolina I stepped on the yellow footprints one misty morning. After the initial shock to my brain housing group wore off from the receiving drill instructors and when my platoon drill instructors picked us up TD's for the Marine Corps began I was a motivated but reserved recruit. A few days prior to graduation the SDI came in the barracks and held a school circle on the quarterdeck and passed out the MOS assignments. Mine was open contract and I was put in the infantry. I can't remember how many in my platoon were infantry but the drill instructor told us that we were going to die because the Vietnam war was still going on. And Pt'ed a bunch of us on the quarterdeck in waves.

When I went to infantry training for my MOS school the training was hard and strict and we trained as much as possible...within the Marine Corps budget.As long as you tried and gave a 100% and demonstrated a willingness to learn you didn't get messed with.

In the fleet the training was there and there was a quite of bit of field time. In garrison there was allot of PT,classroom instruction,busy time and hurry up and wait to stand by time. Again if you tried and did your job you weren't messed with.

As with any job in the Marine Corps if your a shiatbird you will get messed with until you get with the program and get squared away.

Everyone in the Marine Corps...NO that is a blanket statement..MOST everyone in the Marine Corps that enjoys the MOS that they were given or chose and excels or stays with the given POD and program shouldn't have a hard time.

The 10% that don't get with the program are not needed...as you need everyone that is able to complete the mission and if you have to babysit an individual and take time out for counseling and extra activities then you can wind up getting killed and or making a mistake!

All MOS's are needed to help each other...I was and still am very satisfied with my service as a grunt 0311/and an Infantry SNCO 0369.

Your buddy in Iraq may be disgruntled or he may not enjoy his line of work. This is here say and inadmissible.

Whether you dig ditches, shovel shiat, fly in a helicopter or you are on the ground give a 110% and you will do fine. Choose not to and you will join the ranks on the trail of the disgruntled dishonorable.:evilgrin:

As a side note...GET SPELL CHECK or a DICTIONARY!