PDA

View Full Version : Recon Marine- Let the flamming begin.

Seyborg
03-01-08, 04:45 PM
The name is Seybert. I not only want to be a Marine, but a Recon Marine. I get it, you guys see this DAY in and DAY out. A fellow DEP member in my MEPS physical group was about 50 pounds aver weight and he said he was going to be a Recon Marine.

I fortunately, am not over wieght. I am 6'3" and 182 pounds. ~10% fat. I can as of now do 7 (DEADHANG palms facing forward inch wider than shoulders)pullups. about 3 weeks ago, it was 4. I ran a 26:00 3mile. (I can run a 7:30-50 1 mile, so atm I'm working on my endurance) and I completed all the sit-ups in 2 mins.

I grade myself on the PFT because it really is the ultimate body test I think. Below is my workout, and I was wondering if any ACTUAL Recon or MARSOC or ANY SpecOps Marines could comment on it. I think its an excellent workout. If you think otherwise, why don't you say...edit it? Don't just flame. I've wanted to join a SpecOps team since I was like 11 (18 now) and I ran track in highschool. Thanks.

DAY1- Pull-ups = 3xRM Push-ups = 3xRM Curls = 3x20 Rows = 3x20 Shoulder Press = 3x20 Dips = 3xRM [Attn: RM means failure so 3xRM = 3 sets of failure]

DAY2- Running [Running is 3 miles of 1/4 mile sprint; jog 1/2 mile; 1/4 sprint for three miles.] Biking 5 miles. Jump Rope 3x100 Elliptical training for 30 mins. Etensive abs. [this includes leg raises, scissors, side to side crunches, decline situps, crunch machine]

DAY3- Same as DAY1

DAY4- Same and DAY2

DAY5- MOCK PFT TEST 2min crunches, push-ups. 1xRM = pullups. 3 miles timed. 10 mile march with 25 pound pack @ 5mph. timed 500m swim.

After situps pushups and pullups...do one more RM set..

DAY6 & 7- REST

DAILY = 1 mile run and Killer crunches routine with 500m swim no time.

Alright my main concerns are Day2&4. I want to make sure that I'm doing enough these days while letting my muscles rest and build. I also want input on each exercise.

Wyoming
03-01-08, 05:46 PM
flamming? Is that like, flamboyant, or flambeau?

Oh wait, I see, a Recon Dude.

He means flaming. Got it now.

Oh yeah, since you can now find the poolee section, do a search.

It'll save you from getting flamed, or worse yet, flammed!!:banana:

Marine84
03-01-08, 05:49 PM
Rotflmao!

Seyborg
03-01-08, 05:58 PM
Sorry for the spelling error. As far as the Pool (ee) section being helpful, nothing in that forum section answers my question. I appreciate your answer though. I'm not worried about signing up for infantry and I didn't do a BS 0321 sign up. Keep those VALID answers coming.

sparkie
03-01-08, 06:12 PM
A 26--- 3 mile???? Yea, your flamin alright. Move to Frisco.

SGT7477
03-01-08, 06:25 PM
You need to pick up that running time that is damn slow it's funny how you people always talk Recon but you know the Corp. could very easily make you a cook,grunt,etc. BTW I could run faster backwards are you sure you are not a hog body?

PFTstud
03-01-08, 06:28 PM
You have a long road ahead of you.

You have to be a strong swimmer and marksmen.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-01-08, 06:39 PM
Your workout is OK. Nothing special about it. You're probably overtraining, which will slow you down.

Keep in mind, you will have to run at least a 285 PFT if you want to be Ricky Recon. That would mean 100 crunches, 20 pull ups, and a 20:30 three mile run. That will put you at the minimum possible PFT score.

Seyborg
03-01-08, 06:51 PM
No I'm not a freakin' hog body. I understand you are Marines. I envy you. This title doesn't mean I can't say "Stop making fun of an 18 year old" If you have nothing to say that can help me, I don't want to hear your voice. Idon't mind being told I'm slow or I need work. My time is slow, yeah I know. I've been working out for the last month and a half as a regular.

From my 10th grade year to the beginning of my Senior year I stopped almost all physical activity. Now, I'm back into in full swing. Firstly, yeah I know I have a long way, but I'm willing to work for it.

As for the REAL answers.

What can I do to make sure I'm not over working myself. You are not the first to say this to me. Thank you for your answer. Keep those VALID answers coming.

As for grunt/cook comment. If you would kindly look at the post above. I stated I don't mind being infantry. It doesn't matter to me if I'm in the damn dirt. All the same thanks for your answer.

Your purpose as Marines is to inspire, motivate, and encourage current recruits. I asked a question and it is apparent I have the will to try. I don't mind being poked at with crude and joking remarks, but at the same time: ANSWER THE QUESTION.

SGT7477
03-01-08, 07:00 PM
Let me tell you something you think we are bad if you can't handle us you will surely not be able to tolerate the DI's, like I said to you before you need to work on that run and have a better attitude.

Phantom Blooper
03-01-08, 07:06 PM
My name is Hall SSGT,I am a Marine! I am a grunt! I will be 53 in September! I can do what you do and I'm disabled! I am sooooooooo very impressed.....NOT!

Go to boot camp/SOI tryout for Recon....and if you get it good but don't come in here bragging and putting yourself on a pedestal.For being all that and with your Superhero strength you are just a step above a speeding BB! Expand on your weaknesses.....you are not well rounded in complete physical training. Your routine is good but not ALL Marine material!

Your run time for your age sucks!Now that is a VALID point and comment from someone who has been there and done that.:evilgrin:

Seyborg
03-01-08, 07:07 PM
Thank you for your answer. I was not commenting on the legit answers. Answers like yours help.

But the main question was: How would you grade my workout? If you think something is wrong make some suggestions. Come on people, read the original post

sparkie
03-01-08, 07:08 PM
Cool,,,, I'm not valid,,,, I like that. My purpose I will friggin decide, You are a piece of something else. 90% mental,,,, you got the stuff?? You are busy challenging some old salts who paid their dues in blood.
Mods, ban me or whatever, but Cyborg,,, Do I know you? You won't accept me, and I GOTTA ACCEPT YOU??? Bull.

Braden
03-01-08, 07:10 PM
I stated I don't mind being infantry. It doesn't matter to me if I'm in the damn dirt.

You should look upon infantry with a little more respect. The Marine Corps infantry, if you're ever accepted, is the backbone of the Corps -- everyone else is in support.

Seyborg
03-01-08, 07:10 PM
Blooper thanks for your answer. As for the run time, I will work on it.

I know what I can do now is not impressive on Marine standards. I'm working on it. I never claimed it was good, not even decent. Also, what other stuff can I incorporate into my routine, Blooper? You say I am lacking, could you post some other stuff I can do.

Thanks guys, keep the answers coming.

sparkie
03-01-08, 07:12 PM
Come on people, read the original post
Common A- hole,,,, go away.

Seyborg
03-01-08, 07:13 PM
My remark "damn dirt" was not in ANY SHAPE OR FORM a disrespectful comment.

It was simply to say I don't mind working hard. I don't mind working with my hands. I will make into Marine Infantry. As of now I can complete a Marine IST which is a great starting point.

I do respect Marine Infantry. You guys do so much for so little.

Seyborg
03-01-08, 07:16 PM
Cool,,,, I'm not valid,,,, I like that. My purpose I will friggin decide, You are a piece of something else. 90% mental,,,, you got the stuff?? You are busy challenging some old salts who paid their dues in blood.
Mods, ban me or whatever, but Cyborg,,, Do I know you? You won't accept me, and I GOTTA ACCEPT YOU??? Bull.

^ Sorry for offending you. I said your answer was not valid for the said question. I am in no way saying you shouldn't be respected. I have the highest respect for Marines and anyone in the USAs military.

No disrespect meant. Keep those answers coming.

sparkie
03-01-08, 07:30 PM
Look ,boy My times were a couple o clicks above 16. I was just tryin to help. And H3ll no, I was not recon. Run, don't jog. And when you're coughing up blood, Get it in your head, 90% mental. I might have had something to offer, but I sure ain't sure now. Your call, Boss.

SGT7477
03-01-08, 07:36 PM
Blooper thanks for your answer. As for the run time, I will work on it.

I know what I can do now is not impressive on Marine standards. I'm working on it. I never claimed it was good, not even decent. Also, what other stuff can I incorporate into my routine, Blooper? You say I am lacking, could you post some other stuff I can do.

Thanks guys, keep the answers coming.
Well,well ,well and you thought I was bad I told you it can get alot worse, RESPECT YOU GOT IT?:evilgrin: :flag: :evilgrin:

Seyborg
03-01-08, 07:36 PM
Like I said sorry to offend you and any of you Marines.

ANY information on increasing my run time and pullup max is VERY MUCH welcome.

Also, please comment on my workout..i have 3-4 months..I want this work out to be above average.

Sorry for being a punk.

~Seyborg

SGT7477
03-01-08, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=Braden]You should look upon infantry with a little more respect. The Marine Corps infantry, if you're ever accepted, is the backbone of the Corps -- everyone else is in support.[/QUY You got that right sir, Semper FI.:flag:

SGT7477
03-01-08, 07:41 PM
My name is Hall SSGT,I am a Marine! I am a grunt! I will be 53 in September! I can do what you do and I'm disabled! I am sooooooooo very impressed.....NOT!

Go to boot camp/SOI tryout for Recon....and if you get it good but don't come in here bragging and putting yourself on a pedestal.For being all that and with your Superhero strength you are just a step above a speeding BB! Expand on your weaknesses.....you are not well rounded in complete physical training. Your routine is good but not ALL Marine material!

Your run time for your age sucks!Now that is a VALID point and comment from someone who has been there and done that.:evilgrin:
You said it all brother, Semper FI.:flag:

SGT7477
03-01-08, 07:43 PM
Like I said sorry to offend you and any of you Marines.

ANY information on increasing my run time and pullup max is VERY MUCH welcome.

Also, please comment on my workout..i have 3-4 months..I want this work out to be above average.

Sorry for being a punk.

~Seyborg
To tell you the truth you just ****ed everybody off, lights out blanket party, READY BEGIN.:evilgrin:

Seyborg
03-01-08, 07:55 PM
Alright, sorry for ****ing everyone off, don't worry about answerin' the post. Thanks for your time though.

You have my respect Marines, though my respect isn't worth much as of now.