PDA

View Full Version : 2/19 is looming....

marinemama
02-18-08, 06:17 PM
Well....I have not been on here much lately, thanks for all the private messages, you all are amazing!

4:45am my boys will be leaving for San Diego.
:cry: :cry:

I look forward to seeing them in May, when I can proudly call them Marines! Thanks for all your help with my many questions, it is very much appreciated.

We had an amazing party Saturday night to send them off and the blender pretty much ran all day and night with lots of tequila! They even made me sing karaoke...hee hee

My best to you all,
Mon

2PW
02-18-08, 11:11 PM
The big day has finally arrived. This will be a new beginning to a new life for both Alex and Eric. In just a short time they will find themselves standing at attention on the yellow footsteps that for the rest of their (and your) life will never be forgotten.
It's been just a short seven months ago now that my little baby girl took that same journey to PI and came out a Marine. WOW!
Just hang on and enjoy the ride.
Margaritas for everyone

Cheers
=8)K

You are in our prayers

marinemama
02-19-08, 02:48 AM
Thanks Karl...your words are always so kind. As you can see, I am still up...they leave in 3 hours...this is just so hard.

PatriotGirl422
02-19-08, 09:07 AM
So how are you handling the children being gone? I know that it was really tough for my parents when I left, but I got letters from them everyday. These three months will be difficult, but if there is one thing I can tell you (from a former recruit's perspective) it's that getting mail EVERY SINGLE DAY is the best thing you can do for your recruits. My mom and dad sent me a letter everyday, and it just made things so much better. Some days when the mail got backed up, I wouldn't get a letter for a day or two, and it really upset me. But then some days I'd end up with 4 or 5 letters and realize that they did send me letters on those days, but it just got backed up. It will mean a lot to your recruits if you send mail everyday. Believe me, they'll need it. Because even though they know you love them, it's easy to forget what it feels like to be loved once you're at boot camp!

davblay
02-19-08, 09:15 AM
Wow, where has time gone? These fellows are beginning a journey that will last a lifetime. I know you will shower them with mail but if you want an old salt to write them PM me thier addresss when you get it, I'll send one letter per week, nothing but motivation mail.

May God Bless you ma'am and thank you for raising two fine sons!

Semper Fi, and we are here for ya,

Dave

GySgtRet
02-19-08, 09:29 AM
By now your sons are meeting with all that MCRDSD has to offer. Shock, attention to detail, and learning to move faster than they ever have before in their lives. In a few short weeks you will go to their graduation a proud mom of two wonderful Marines.

Keep us all posted and we wish them a healthy recruit experience.

Hey when you go to the graduation you can buy a new blender for the party afterwards.

Gunny out

:usmc: :flag:

SGT7477
02-19-08, 10:16 AM
I know they will make our beloved Corp. proud, Semper FI.

Big Jim
02-19-08, 01:19 PM
Wow, where has time gone? These fellows are beginning a journey that will last a lifetime. I know you will shower them with mail but if you want an old salt to write them PM me thier addresss when you get it, I'll send one letter per week, nothing but motivation mail.

May God Bless you ma'am and thank you for raising two fine sons!

Semper Fi, and we are here for ya,

Dave

Same here Monica...I'll write them once a week for motivational mail, if you send me their address, ok? These boys are our beloved Corps' future....they'll be trained well and well looked after...I promise!!

rb1651
02-19-08, 01:29 PM
As others have stated, PM me their address and I'll be more than happy to drop them a line. In a few short weeks at graduation, you'll never believe the transformation that has happened to the boys you sent. Thank you for supporting them on this transformation!!!

marinemama
02-20-08, 03:02 PM
Wow! Can I just say I am amazed what a wonderful group of Marines you are! I have already written them a couple of times, had to throw two of them away because I must have said I missed them 15 or so times and I don't want to make them homesick. I think I have one now, that will show them how much I love them, miss them, but most importantly, how proud I am of them for making this choice in life.

I thank you all for being Marines and defending myself and my family. I hope my boys make you guys proud and some of you will get to meet them someday. I will receive the address on Friday night and PM it out. I hope they will have time to respond to you all and properly thank you...I know I do.

PatriotGirl it sucks without them. I have already cleaned the boys rooms and everything. I just miss hearing them and making me laugh. I am so lucky to have had them and now I pass them on to you all. They both have girl friends that are very sweet, I had them go yesterday with me to see them swear in and ship off...we had many tears in the car on the way home, but it was good for the three of us to be together.

Thanks again, I hope to hear that scripted call soon, I won't leave my house or talk on the phone to anyone until I do. I don't want to miss it for any reason.

GySgtRet
02-20-08, 03:09 PM
Your once known as boys are no longer boys they are men and probably were before they went to MCRD SD. I really don't think at this point in time they will have time to be home sick they have almost every minute filled with preparing to go to their battalions and companies. I have written to recruits at both MCRDs and never got a return letter, but then I put in it the letter that I write that is ok if they don't write back just write back to your family they are the important ones. Any kind of letter is welcome unless it is a dear John.

:usmc: :flag:

Gunny out

teenac
02-20-08, 07:39 PM
Marinemama,

The proudest moment of your life is going to be when you go see your sons graduate from boot camp. I was there a little over a year ago and I still cry everytime I look at graduation pictures. The separation is hard but just think they are doing this for you and me and our country! You will be so proud of them!

Cudadad
02-20-08, 10:33 PM
. I will receive the address on Friday night and PM it out. I hope they will have time to respond to you all and properly thank you...I know I do.

Thanks again, I hope to hear that scripted call soon, I won't leave my house or talk on the phone to anyone until I do. I don't want to miss it for any reason.
Just my experience but don't expect an address before early next week, their recruiter might be able to get you somthing monday of tuesday, you should get the form letter from your recruits by wednesday or thursday of next week. The phone call might not come at all, but don't stress if they did not make it there YOU WOULD hear from someone. Many parents for a multitude of reasons never get the "I've arrived" phone call. Just know that for the next 13 weeks "no news is good news"

marinemama
02-21-08, 02:51 AM
Just my experience but don't expect an address before early next week, their recruiter might be able to get you somthing monday of tuesday, you should get the form letter from your recruits by wednesday or thursday of next week. The phone call might not come at all, but don't stress if they did not make it there YOU WOULD hear from someone. Many parents for a multitude of reasons never get the "I've arrived" phone call. Just know that for the next 13 weeks "no news is good news"

Thanks for that. The Recruiter told me he would call down on Friday and get it for me. I really didn't expect it that soon, but he said he does it all the time. I will keep my fingers crossed. If not, I will keep writing away, I already have two letters each to send and a form letter to make it easier for them to respond. I know they won't have much time to write.

I did finally get my phone call. It was at about 6:30 this evening. Both the boys spoke, it was all of 2 1/2 minutes, but the best time spent to date! Roll on May! They hadn't slept yet and were VERY tired. I hope they can get some sleep tonight. It was strange though, my youngest spoke first and it was very scripted like I thought, I got a small portion if his personality. My eldest son then got handed the phone and was able to say more...Do they walk around to hear the Recruits talking? It almost seemed like my eldest wasn't being watched over....he is the one that told me they hadn't slept and the intake people were pretty intense. They sounded great, with the exception of being tired...that made me feel loads better!

Big Jim
02-21-08, 07:34 AM
Monica,

I want to give you all the comfort in the world that those two boys are in very safe hands. I know to tell you to stop worrying is like talking to a brick wall but try anway ok? Truly...they are in very good hands. They've been in very good hands before they left and now...like the Gunny said...they're men and they will be taken care of, ok? They'll come back different but the same, just a better person! So, please don't worry and get that address out when you can!! They'll do great!! I feel it in my bones!!! Take care!

RYDERKUR
02-21-08, 08:06 AM
The other Marines touched on it a bit, but will you keep us posted as to their progress where they are in training. Maybe even a little about their letters as to how their adjusting and doing. I know they will do great and make us proud. Thank you for raising these fine men.

marinemama
02-21-08, 02:21 PM
The other Marines touched on it a bit, but will you keep us posted as to their progress where they are in training. Maybe even a little about their letters as to how their adjusting and doing. I know they will do great and make us proud. Thank you for raising these fine men.

Yes, I would be happy to do that. I am holding up, each day brings me closer to May graduation. I had a wonderful surprise from the girlfriends, a lovely bunch of flowers and lots of hugs, they are really nice girls.

I am so very proud of them, and I do think they are in the best place they can be. The DI's do this all the time, with thousands of Recruits before them, they are two of many, it worked for you all, and you came out better for it. What a fine group of Marines you all are!

marinemama
02-22-08, 05:29 PM
Woo Hoo! Have the address for both of them and have already put 4 things each in the mail today! I am so relieved that at least I can write to them and have a little contact, even if it is one-sided. As I was in the Recruiting office, they were telling me that today will probably be the worst day to date and it will be hell. I know they will be great! I have PM'd the address to everyone that asked for it, please let me know if I missed anyone. Any letters are so appreciated by me, and my son's will love the motivation from Marines that have been there before them. I know they honor and respect you all so very much.

All the best,
Monica

RYDERKUR
02-22-08, 07:52 PM
Glad to hear that. As a recruit there was nothing better than getting a couple letters a day from mommy (yes I can still say that, haha)...it was the best part of the day, even though I had to go to the head to read them after lights out. But yes, those couple letters a day or even letter a day will get them though fine and dandy.

Cudadad
02-22-08, 08:50 PM
the "I've arrived" phone call and their address. Don't get much better than that.

yellowwing
02-23-08, 02:34 AM
My Mom only missed a handful of days in writing me. It was good motivation and relief to keep in mind that there was a still a world out there.

Momof2Marines
02-27-08, 06:48 PM
Hi Monica your on your way to being a proud MOM of 2. I know you are already proud of your boys. Remember you have alot of support during this time.

Cyndy
PMM of Randy and Jerry

marinemama
03-02-08, 09:37 AM
Hey Everyone! I received the letter from each of them with the brochure and address on Wednesday with a "love you" written small and light in the corner. I also received a letter from each of them on Friday. My eldest son's was very blue :o(. He is the one that I have told you about doing 100% every time he does something....he is doing just that, but because he is in boot camp and training the Marine way, he is still getting yelled at even though what he is doing is right. I realize that is how they break them down to make them strong, it is just not easy for a Mom to hear. He was also saying he wants to make sure he makes it, to make me proud, he missed me and loved me and can't wait to come home. I know he knew I was proud of him and loved him before he left...I am happy in every single letter I have sent him, I have told him that again and again. He had two of his wisdom teeth yanked out....Can anyone tell me why they do that? They have dental care every 6 months for the last 10 years of the boys lives and the teeth had been fine?? Do they just take them all to make sure they don't give you any problems when you are deployed? My younger son's letter was soooo much better. Although, he started it out with how much fun he was having...After reading my eldest son's letter, I was thinking they might not be in the same place and Eric was vacationing in Mexico. He also had teeth pulled...all 4 wisdom teeth! OMG! I can't even imagine! His letter was very positive, which concerns me a little...I think from knowing him, he wants to make sure I don't worry about him, which is the part that worries me. They are rack mates! Which both said was a good thing. They are able to support each other and help if needed, which is what they have been doing for each other. They said something about winning something this week might make them honor platoon. That made me smile!

I also received another letter from my eldest son yesterday. It was a little bit longer and much more positive. Well...at least it was better than the first one. He was telling me how much trouble my youngest is having with his jaw and how swollen he is with his four pulled teeth....he said he is quite upset about that because the pain in pretty bad. He was also saying how much fun he is having marching with his rifle and he loves drill! Crazy kid...lol lol He said that because they are getting pretty good at it, that DI doesn't yell quite so much. They haven't said anything bad about the DI's at all. I have heard some are a little kinder than others, but no really bad ones. I am very thankful for that! I am sure they are all fine Men, with a very hard job.

Do any of you fine Marines remember how long it took for them to give you your mail? As of the letter I received yesterday, they haven't gotten any of it. They will have so many letters when they get them, I think it will really make them feel better. Thanks for caring....I sure can't wait for May to be here!

davblay
03-02-08, 09:59 AM
They should be getting your mail by now, Ma'am. Usually the first training weeks is hectic and unorganized, but they should be getting your mail probably yesterday, and today for sure. But they will get the mail as soon as the DIs get it, as they don't want it cluttering up the DIs house, hehe. The wisdom teeth were removed as a precaution, they usually cause problems down the road for 98% of the people, and this just saves problems later! Kind of like removing the appendix when they are in your tummy for some other reason!

Sounds like they are settled in pretty good, time will go by one day at a time, but will seem to be fast when you see them wearing that sharp new uniform!

Keep the Faith, we are all there with you, just know we care! They are our future!

Semper Fi Ma'am

Dave

PS- I just mailed them my 3rd letter as well yesterday! Even though I don't expect an answer, I know you will keep us posted! God Bless!

Momof2Marines
03-02-08, 01:03 PM
Hi Monica, Happy to hear your receiving mail from the boys. I lived for Wednesdays, that seemed to be the day I received mail from my boys. I don;t know if you have this info, but in about the 10th or 11th week you will be able to see them on a web site. Go to devildogs.info, :flag: click on their battalion and then click on the platoon number and you will see them. It was so exciting to see my youngest (they didn't do this when my oldest was @ bootcamp) When I first saw the video I thought I would never be able to pick him out, they all kinda looked the same. To my surprise he was the guide, I was so proud. Jerry went on to become the platoon honorman.

Take Care I know how much you miss the boys.

Cyndy PMM Randy and Jerry:usmc:

GySgtRet
03-02-08, 06:34 PM
This is all great news good or bad. The fact that you are getting mail is the great news. The dental guys sometimes get over enthused but they take wisdom teeth not at random inspite of how good of a dental plan you have but as you mentioned for deployments and less problems down the road. But dang it all four of them I know he will be hurting for a couple more days. Soon your two recruits will get your mail don't worry. Have the girlfrinds been writing too?

Let your two recruits know we are all pushing the right way for them. May is a good month. My daughter is getting married in North carolina the week of Labor Day. We will be at the beach, for a entire week and it is a beach wedding.

Gunny out

marinemama
03-07-08, 12:39 AM
Hello Everyone! Thanks to those of you that have sent letters to Alex and Eric! You are all amazing!

I have gotten some more letters! Yeah! It seems like feast or famine. lol lol

They are both doing really really well! They are rack mates, help each other out tremendously and are happy to both be there. They both love marching with the rifles and boots and have said that many many times. Eric, my youngest can't wait to clean his rifle...hee hee just like his Mom :o) Alex, the eldest, teeth are healing and he is back to normal and Eric is still on ibuprofen 800's for swelling in his jaw, but on normal duty. They had him of Vicadin, but they make him feel funny, so he didn't take them for very long. Eric did really well on his IST run, not sure about the rest..he did the 2 1/2 miles in 9:40, so he said he is in the >10 group, Alex didn't write about that but he is usually faster than his brother. They have both made friends, and are getting in to the routines and what they are meant to do and when. They haven't been IT'd for anything they have done, just once for something a kid next to them did. They kinda like the food and are eating pretty well...not like my cooking they say, but they are eating. :o) They love Sundays! They didn't like the "body hardening" exercise...I have to say, it didn't sound very nice at all. They say in every letter how much they like marching with boots and the rifle...lol lol lol I think it is because they are told they are doing well at it. They both miss me and can't wait to see me in May....they miss the girlfriends...awww...and are getting plenty of letters from us all. They told me about them taking all the locks off the foot lockers, mixing them up and making them find them. Piling all the boots and covers and making them find them from a pile, as well. They thought that was pretty interesting.

There are a couple of Recruits that don't seem to get much, if any, mail...I asked them to get me an address and the girls and I will send them something to open too. A couple of them asked the boys if they could open one of their letters, just to have something to open. I find that very sad.

Thanks Dave for the letters to them...3! Cool!

Thank you Cyndy for the link! I can't wait to see them.

Thanks to you as well, GySgtRet. Congratulations to your daughter. I can't wait to be on the beach in San Diego.

We are taking the girlfriends with us to see them graduate, and they are just as excited as I am! Eric's girlfriend hasn't ever been to California, so we are looking forward to showing her the weather and the beach. We have all been intently watching Marine Week on the Military Channel to learn as much as we can!

davblay
03-07-08, 12:48 AM
I am writing to two more Recruits in the same company, different platoon. I will write to as many as I can get the address' for. so if they are in your sons platoon just sent me the names, last and first. I'll have the rest of the address. I'll add them to my data base and get mail to them ASAP.

I hope your sons don't mind my mail, btw!

Thanks for the update, and Semper Fi,

Dave

GySgtRet
03-07-08, 07:18 AM
It sounds like your two recruits are having a great time. They aren't supposed to be having a great time. I will fix that for you I will give the depot a call and let them know what is going on in that platoon.

Just kidding of course. I am glad to hear that Eric and Alex are adjusting and excelling.

Gunny out

:usmc:

marinemama
03-09-08, 12:18 AM
Dave, they love mail! Thanks for taking your time to do that. I will send you any names they send to me, and add those boys to my mail writing too. I can't even imagine, with how mine are saying how important those letters are, not to get any at all. What are parents and friends thinking?

GySGtRet...no phone calls, pretty please...lol lol Thanks, I tell them about you all and the kind words you pass along...it means a lot coming from those that have been there before.

Received two more letters today. Eric is a bit down, think it might have to do with the ongoing saga of his teeth. They had to take him back in to stitch a flap of skin, he is still swollen and it hurts. He is on full duty though, he doesn't want this to delay his graduation or hurt his platoon. They are still up for honor platoon and have been told they might get a phone call this week! Yeah! Alex is well, he can't wait to come home to margaritas that he missed the other day and a nice warm pool to relax in. They are homesick, but doing well most days. Eric says he is coping. Alex is hoping nothing happens to get him dropped and his graduation delayed...I think they just want the end of 13 weeks very soon.

Guess that's it, until I stalk the poor mailman again and get more letters.

marinemama
03-13-08, 02:17 AM
Update on my son's...

Alex made a phone call on Monday night! Yeah! The platoon is doing well and they were rewarded. He didn't even call collect. I didn't know it was him though, his voice was so hoarse. Eric couldn't call because he is sick in the bed with pneumonia :o( Not really sure what that means, or how long he will be there....but they finish Phase I at the end of next week! He needs to be better and get his butt on that bus! I know quite a few of them are ill, and I feel pretty good knowing that they will give him the meds he needs and look after him.

If you have the chance to cross your fingers and toes, they have Initial Drill on Saturday...I will let you know, as soon as I do, if they win.

Last Saturday, they saw the Silent Drill Team and the Marine Band. They loved it. Alex said it was an honor to stand there and watch, he also said that they looked awful drilling compared to them and at least he has something to look forward to doing better. :o)

Roll on May! It sure is hard being a Mom sometimes.

yellowwing
03-13-08, 04:34 AM
Good to hear. They still have a week of harsh times but it will build what they need to be Marines. Second and third phase was fun stuff.

Gator347
03-19-08, 11:38 AM
My son graduated P.I. - Bravo Co in August (2007). Outside of his birth, it was my proudest day as a dad.
Write often. Send pictures, comics, jokes, notes from the pets & anything to let them know you support them.
There is nothing FINER than to see the transformation from a mere boy, to a man, & then a MARINE.:usmc:

SGT7477
03-19-08, 11:44 AM
You said it all,SEMPER FI.

marinemama
03-25-08, 01:33 AM
Hey everyone! Not been on here, went to California for a few days for a party, my Mother fell and broke stuff, so I have been taking care of her. I am hoping her to be out of her cast by graduation. I busted a move to get back home to get my mail, sleep in my own bed, and look after my dogs. :o) I was happy to see I had mail when I got home! Yeah! I am faithfully writing every single day, not missed one yet! :o) I am also sending pictures, jokes, loads of cards...funny and motivating at the same time as the letters. With every letter they tell me how important they are to them, and how it keeps them going.

My sons are officially Phase II Recruits! They moved on Saturday, and should be shooting today, which will make them VERY happy! The letters have been OK, still dealing with a bit of sickness, but they are fighting it, as to not get dropped. They are still looking out for each other and have made loads of friends...a whole Platoon...Yeah! The Platoon didn't win Initial Drill, which bummed them out, but my youngest wasn't allowed to do it. He was really peeved at that, after all the training. I don't know how they did with swim quals yet. I know my eldest, passed 4th and then 3rd...he needed 2nd for his MOS, but wanted to push for 1st. I am not quite sure what all that means though...I know they have to qualify for a level, and I am guessing each level adds something to challenge them. Any advice on that would be helpful, please. I am not sure how they finished, because we haven't heard from them since.

Thanks for all the support, I can't wait until May! My best to you and your son Gator...tell him thanks...and to all of you Marines out there....You are amazing and I thank you!

Oh, quick question for you all....When you graduated as Marines from your boot camps, what did you want as a graduation present??? I have seen all sorts of things, but after being called a Marine, I wouldn't imagine a new set of baking pans being very good and really a let down...I am joking by the way....I want to get them something meaningful that they can use later in life. This is a HUGE thing for them, and any help would be appreciated to get them something nice. They already have hotel rooms and girlfriends coming with and they will be very happy with that! :o)

marinemama
05-05-08, 12:04 PM
WOW! How is everyone? I have missed you all soooooo much!

My Son's are doing the Gas Chamber today and then The Crucible. They sound amazing (got a call the other day), haven't written tons because they are so busy, but that is fine, they didn't go there to write letters. I have stopped writing now, I feel so guilty...lol lol I hadn't missed a day up to Saturday, but they said they would start sending them back now. I can't believe I get to see them soon! Yeah! I saw them in the Platoon video and they look gorgeous...hee hee I can't wait to see them.

You all are the best! Thanks for being there through all of this. My ride is almost over, yet just beginning...I am sure you all understand that. I am soooooo proud of both of them, I can't even put it in to words.

Gator347
05-05-08, 12:25 PM
Now you need to go shopping:

Weighted Shoes - To keep your feet on the ground.
Kleenex (Sweat Rags) - Marines don't cry - Moms & Dads do:cry:
T-Shirts - Proud Mom, Don't Mess with Me I raised a Marine, etc.Job well done. You raised a Marine!!!:thumbup:

marinemama
05-05-08, 03:11 PM
Thanks Gator347!

I am so very proud of both of them! Yeah! I just can't wait to see them! They are Marines this Thursday, as long as The Crucible goes well. I will be celebrating Thursday night in the boys honor. All of you are welcome to join me!

Gator347
05-05-08, 03:50 PM
As a proud Dad of a US Marine, there is little that compares to the feeling you get on "Family Day". The first time you see them you will be in shock (All Good). :cry: There are no words. I don't think the Marines on here, who don't have Marine Kids, even understand the feelings you're having.

In any event, we thank the :evilgrin: DI's for getting them through and we thank you for the parent you are.
The Mom of not one but two United States Marines.:usmc:

Wyoming
05-05-08, 07:48 PM
http://www.uswings.com/images/od-towel225.jpg

These OD towels are reproductions of the Vietnam-era OD "sweat" towels that were commonly seen draped around the necks of soldiers during the Vietnam War to wipe away the sweat and grime.

Maybe you need something like this!!:cool:

DAMNPROUD
05-06-08, 07:25 AM
congrats Marinemama you have just about made it!good for you ,i on the other hand have just started the ride.t-1 starts today.its all good.

you should be damnproud!

gator as always nothing but class!

keith

davblay
05-06-08, 07:44 AM
I just mailed my last letters to them yesterday. As I have not heard from them directly, I assume from what you say that they are doing fine. I hope that my letters in some small way helped motivate them along the way. :marine:

Semper F Mom

Dave

Gator347
05-06-08, 08:04 AM
We were on pins and needles. My son had a rod in his femur (waiver) and hurt the same leg during Combat Training. He was in Medical and they didn't know if he would finish. They asked him if he wanted to continue or go home. He said that he was finishing.

He took his Final PT & got up for the Crucible the next morning. Thank God for his SDI, SSgt Tim Warren (Class Act), he made it.:evilgrin:

He & the Family have never been the same since.:angel:

Cudadad
05-06-08, 08:49 AM
Congratulations times Two. You are so right this ride (boot camp) might be over but you have many more to come. They don't get any easier.
Don't stress about Graduation the Marines do it right and know better than to leave any MOM behind. GO and ENJOY because your 10 days will be over before you know it.

ScottsMom
05-07-08, 11:34 AM
Congratulations to You and to the new US Marines!!

marinemama
05-08-08, 03:00 AM
Thanks everyone!
Love the towel Big Al...lol lol
Dave, I am sure your letters were very appreciated..I know mine were, but replies were few and far between with the jobs they have. Thanks for doing what you do.
Keith, hang in there, I can tell you Phase 3 is the only one that went quick for me...Phase 2 went quick for them :o) I will keep you and your son in my thoughts.
Everyone else, I appreciate your kind words...I am beyond excited at this point and probably a little loopy at the moment.

OMG! They will be Marines soon! It is the home stretch and I can hardly wait to sleep, get dressed and party my butt off tomorrow night to celebrate! I wish you all could join me!

You all are truly amazing! Yeah!

davblay
05-08-08, 05:28 AM
I just mailed my last letters to your Marines. I try to help acclimate them back to the civilian world before they get home. I wouldn't want you to hear some of the language they learned there, LMAO. :marine:

Have them log in this site and follow this link:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62292

Thanks you for being the mom of two of our fine young Marines.

Semper Fi MOM,

Dave

CHOPPER7199
05-08-08, 09:10 AM
Wow, She Is There Now Going Thru The Big Event. What A Mothers Day This Will Be. Good Luck All. Welcome To The Brotherhood.

GySgtRet
05-08-08, 10:07 AM
Take a deep breathe before you explode..!!!

I want to say congratulations but it ain't over yet is it? I am just pulling your chain of course. I hope that you have a great time in San Diego with your new Marines. Also, have a great Mother's Day with your reunion.

Gunny out

:usmc:

davblay
05-08-08, 10:17 AM
Well Mom your nest will be filling back up (at least for about 10 days), but mine is emptying out, I have 4 recruits in Hotel Company graduating (2 in 2161 an two in 2163) on the 16th, But my family is like a birds nest they learn to fly away then it fills up with new ones constantly!

So you see my job is never ending! I heard from 3 more, so far, this week from Parris Island. God I Love this job! God I Love MY POOLEES! :marine:

Semper Fi

Dave

marinemama
05-08-08, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone! Well....no phone calls from Pendleton, just talked to one Recruiter and.....I am the proud owner of two new Marines! This will be the best Mother's Day gift ever, besides them being born! I won't get to see them until next week, they don't graduate until the 16th....but I am SOOOOO proud of them and excited they are joining the rest of you to serve our country. I am just so happy....oh boy, more tears...what a big wussy girl...hee hee

:banana:

Thanks for your support....Dave you amaze me with your letters to everyone. Just between us...2163 won Honor Platoon. :o) Great job to them!

Love you all,
Mon XXX

Gator347
05-08-08, 11:43 AM
You ain't seen nothing yet!!!!

Family Day will "Rock your World":cool:

Great job and tell them that we are ALL proud of the two of them.:thumbup:

From boys to men and from men to Marines, no finer fighting force in the World!!!! :iwo:

marinemama
05-12-08, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to post one last time before I go pick up my two Marines in two days....OMG...2 days! I am sooo excited to see them.

I had a great Mothers Day yesterday, I am just so proud of them...My son's also enjoyed a San Diego Padres game, which made me VERY happy! I am sure they had a blast.

Thanks for all your encouraging words and lovely stories. I will check in with you when I get back. Need to get the finishing touches on my house before I go...hung my flags yesterday for Mother's Day! Yeah!

Catch up with you all soon, you all are the very best!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

marinemama
05-14-08, 09:46 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say Bye! to everyone....we leave in a couple of hours to pick up my brand spankin new Marines! Yeah! I have waited patiently since February 19th to get them....Thanks everyone! I hope your weekend is going to be as wonderful as mine! :o)

Gator347
05-14-08, 10:22 AM
It won't be as good as yours!!!!!:banana:

Bring plenty of "Sweat Rags."
Thank them for serving and we have their back:thumbup:

davblay
05-14-08, 11:12 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say Bye! to everyone....we leave in a couple of hours to pick up my brand spankin new Marines! Yeah! I have waited patiently since February 19th to get them....Thanks everyone! I hope your weekend is going to be as wonderful as mine! :o)
Well Mom I know it's been a long time coming, but they have proven thier worth and are wearing my EGA now, as this is Marine week for them.

When I Mailed out my mail today, I missed those two letters but I know that thay are ready for the next step in thier training and that well earned 10 day leave they got coming.

I know you probably won't get this before friday morning, but give those two Marines a big Ooo-rah from this old man, and tell them I said to carry on!

Again thank you for keeping us updated, I for one, really appreciate it!

Semper Fi Mom and Marines,

Dave