PDA

View Full Version : Question : Regarding 92 Reserve

Wardey
02-13-08, 09:23 AM
My son is enlisting in the Marine Corp. and he is trying to find the best way to enlist. I hope I posted in the correct place.

Background:
Currently enrolled with a 4 year scholarship in a 4 year college.
Majoring in accounting.
A/B average student with a 3.8 GPA.
Top physical shape. (Mixed Martial Arts / Ultimate Fighter)

Future Hopes :
Going into the C.I.A. , F.B.I. or staying in the Marine Corps.

He wants to enlist as a 92 Day Reservists and at the end of boot camp switch to the PLC program. He feels this will make him a better Marine by starting at the ground up. I and a 4 Star Brig. Gen. in the Marine Corp. have advised him to go directly into the PLC so his schooling will not be interupted. And he will complete his 4 year degree before enlisting? I understand that he can be called out to duty in his junior year of college if he enlists with the 92 Day Reserve. But if he enlists in the PLC program, he will be guaranteed to finish his college without interuption.

Please share some insight on this if possible and I wish to thank each and every one of you for your duty of our Country.

Thanks, Dave

Phantom Winger
02-13-08, 04:11 PM
He's misleading himself. He's not starting at the ground and moving his way up - he's going to boot camp and then entering the PLC program. His only experience would be boot camp which would give him no real experience. Judging that recruits in my area are having to wait up to a year on the delayed entry program he's just clogging up the system.

Mustangs come from the enlisted ranks - not boot camp.

Best of luck to him.