PDA

View Full Version : Personnel Records Center Now Accepting Requests For Records Online

thedrifter
04-14-03, 09:25 PM
PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER NOW ACCEPTING REQUESTS FOR RECORDS ONLINE

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), has informed us about an improved method of requesting documents from the NPRC. As you know, the NPRC provides copies of documents from military personnel records to authorized requesters. Their new web-based application will provide better service on these requests by eliminating their mailroom processing time. Also
because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. You may access this application at:

http://vetrecs.archives.gov

Please note there is no requirement to type "www" in front of the web address. Additionally, this improved on-line request process should be used INSTEAD OF Standard Form 180 from veterans or the veteran's next of kin.
Please give this information the widest dissemination.

Sempers,

Roger

"Support Our Soldiers"

United We Stand
God Bless America

Remember our POW/MIA's
I'll never forget!

Barndog
04-15-03, 04:58 AM
UNLESS!!!!!!

You have an emergency request (such as mine - whereas filing for medical disability and/or emergency medical or financial assistance) - which they will process your requests within 10 working days if at all possible. The gentleman I spoke to in length, and the subsequent young woman, says there are 7 people who work in that particular section at NPRC St Louis. They process on average of 5-7000 request per day. Not including DOD requests.
Then I sugguest going to your VA Rep at the local Jobs Bank or Unemployment office. They facilitate the process much faster, because they have access codes to get right do it online.

The difference IS - you can fill out, and submit the forms online. What YOU DO save, is by sending them the form electronically - those 7 folks from having to actually figuring out if you can write or not ..... you input your data. Their job is to retrieve the data and ensure that all you have requested is properly checked and sent BACK to you.

Thankfully, I'm still waiting on the Marine Corps for my paperwork. LOLOL (nothing has changed there right) I've spoken to them oh, 5-6 times now. Those few good people who I have only called 2 times, and facilitated this process, have been gracious and most helpful.

They've been calling me back, in apology for the Marine Corps lack of efficiency. I told them it was ok. There was a war going on. (They are civilian employees)

mrbsox
04-16-03, 08:31 PM
Gonna see how long it takes to get a DD214 updated. Unit 3/6, received Merit. Unit Commendation AFTER I EAS'd. A E-mail from the 1st shirt said it was mine, since I was on the operation when it was earned.

Also, of note to some of you, Sec. of Navy established a 'Sea Service' ribbon in 1980, and made it retroactive to Aug, 1974, when they stopped the 'Fire Watch' ribbon. Gonna see if I rate 1 or 2 of those.

I got my money on 5 months $$$. Any takers ??