PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

thedrifter
06-20-02, 05:43 PM
If you have any questions .....Here is your place,.......

Ask....and someone.....will answer...........

But always Remember This....................saying.............

Semper Fi,

Roger

This graphic was created by the Fontman.........................

http://www.thefontman.com/the_title.gif

JAMarine
06-20-02, 09:24 PM
ATTENTION ON DECK:

We have had many Poolee's and Wanna-B's come into our "Home". Most have come in with respect and dignity. Some however have come in expecting "our" respect.

This is a Marine BrotherHood Site. You are not Marine's and can not and will not be allowed to claim the title of a MARINE.
You have not yet Paid Your Dues.
You have not yet Walked the Walk.
You have not yet earned that Title.

BUT-

We are here for all of you. We are here to answer any questions you may have about our Beloved Corps. If we can not answer a question for you we will do our best and some will not rest until we find the answer for you. We will help as best we can.
And Yes, some of us will even use our own time and money to speak with some on the phone that need our help. With our Time, Experience, Training and Love For Our Corps.......we are hear for you.

You are Welcome Here.

I am a Marine.
I am Proud.
I wish you all the Best.

devilpup2B
06-21-02, 12:53 AM
From experience, I can say that what JAM said is true. Respect is a top priority here. Especially respect for the Corps, whether you are a Marine or not. When I first registered, on the old leatherneck.com, I came in as Little Marine. I was told off by one of the members (thank you sir! You know who you are) and was pretty much ignored until I changed the nickname. I did NOT want to do that, because I'm stubborn and I didn't realize how sacred (? not the word I'm looking for, perhaps, but works for me) the title of Marine is. Once it was pointed out to me (again, thank you sir! And everybody else that helped me out then!) I changed the nickname to my current one. If you are a poolee or a wannabe, like me, please do not imply in any way that you have already earned the title of United States Marine. Add a 2B or Future in there somewhere, or just be different. If you show respect for the Marines here who have earned the title, you will most likely get respect from them. And please do not talk back to them! The result is not pretty. :) But if you show the proper respect for these Marines, this site is awesome! The people here can help out with just about anything! Got a question? They'll try to answer it! They're great! (Gee, sounds like a Frosted Flakes commercial...anybody see a big tiger running around? lol) Okay, yeah, I'm done now. I think. See, they put up with me (for the most part) and I'm just plain weird! LoL Pup is stepping away from the keyboard now..... ;)

JAMarine
06-21-02, 12:57 AM
You tell em like it is 'lil one.

We are here to help you succeed. We all want the best for our Future Marines.

Uhhhhhhh-Rahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Semper Fi
Always

Sixguns
06-22-02, 10:19 AM
Prospects and future Marines,

Thank you for taking the time to visit Leatherneck.com. Becoming a Marine can, and will, be one of the most significant choices you may make in life. It is not a decision that should be taken lightly. Joining the United States Marine Corps is both challenging and rewarding. Obviously, making such a choice will require you to do some research and ask questions of people who are knowledgable of the transformation process in order to make a well-informed decision. That is the purpose of this forum.

Leatherneck.com is devoted to creating a community of Marines, past, present and future who share a common bond. As someone considering becoming a Marine, we are here to assist you.

My posts in this forum will contain factual information on the enlistment process of becoming a Marine. As a former recruiter, career recruiter and current staff member at the Marine Corps Recruiting Command in Quantico, VA, I will have access to resources and references to answer any questions you may have. I also strongly encourage you to post messages here and get insight from the hundreds of Marines here at Leatherneck.com who were once in your shoes, considering becoming a Marine.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get the information you need.

Sixguns