PDA

View Full Version : Vision Problems

bstewar09
01-24-08, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but I've looked all over the internet and all over this site. I have full color vision but I do have some other vision problems, not quite sure on the specifics but I do have some astigmatism. I was just wondering if I will have to apply for a waiver or if that disqualifies me, etc.. Any information will be greatly apreciated.

rvillac2
01-24-08, 02:26 PM
Read the post that says "Read this before posting."

bstewar09
01-24-08, 05:04 PM
I apologize sir, it will not happen again. I have filled out my profile and searched the forums again. And yes I do realize that most recruiters probably don't have time to be playing around on the internet. I was hoping that maybe I could get some quick information here.
-Ben

Phantom Blooper
01-24-08, 05:10 PM
http://library.ndmctsgh.edu.tw/milmed/avitation/file-navy/USNavy-PRK/refractive_surgery_questions_and.htm

:evilgrin:

rvillac2
01-24-08, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but I've looked all over the internet and all over this site. I have full color vision but I do have some other vision problems, not quite sure on the specifics but I do have some astigmatism. I was just wondering if I will have to apply for a waiver or if that disqualifies me, etc.. Any information will be greatly apreciated.

What other vision problems? Do your glasses correct you to 20/20? That is all that's necessary for most MOS's.

bstewar09
01-24-08, 05:31 PM
My glasses correct my eyes to about 20/25 comfortably, I can read 20/20 but I have to squint real hard. Theres nothing else wrong with me though 5'11" 185 lbs. Heart beats fine, no breathing problems, I have perfect hearing, it just my eyes give me problems everyonce and a while.
-Ben

rvillac2
01-24-08, 09:53 PM
See your eye doctor. If your glasses are not correcting you fully to 20/20, you may have a bigger problem than mild astigmatism.
It doesn't sound like you'll need a waiver for anything, but you're not going to be my driver.