PDA

View Full Version : What Happenes After?

Robert H
01-20-08, 07:03 AM
What happen if you are a Marine piolt and you crash your jet/heliocopter? Do you just get a new one?

Marine84
01-20-08, 07:22 AM
Rotflmao!!!!!!!

BR34
01-20-08, 07:48 AM
He appears to be under 14 years old. I'll allow it.

Robert H
01-20-08, 07:49 AM
lol what happens?

Terald T
01-20-08, 08:15 AM
Like any gear you are issued, you're responsible for it, however if it gets shot out from under you, and you survive, you could request a replacement.
:usmc:Semper Fi

What happen if you are a Marine piolt and you crash your jet/heliocopter? Do you just get a new one?

Terald T
01-20-08, 08:20 AM
Be kind to the future when it looks to you for direction, may be 14 today, and your fellow Marine in 4.
:usmc:Semper Fi

He appears to be under 14 years old. I'll allow it.

yellowwing
01-20-08, 12:40 PM
Its a very big deal when one of our aircraft fails. There are a bunch of Marines tasked to ensure that the aircraft and pilots are as safe as can be and get their job done. Tens of millions of dollars in government equipment and training are at stake.

So when a crash does happen, its thoroughly investigated. The whole process is reviewed and reinspected.

thewookie
01-20-08, 01:59 PM
Yeah but after the crash, investigation, review, and reinspections don't you just go to supply and check out a new one?

yellowwing
01-20-08, 03:01 PM
Yeah but after the crash, investigation, review, and reinspections don't you just go to supply and check out a new one?
Well there is a bit of a difference between losing a $60 dollar e-tool and a $60 million F/A-18! :D

rvillac2
01-20-08, 04:35 PM

You just restart the game from the last save point.

Marine84
01-20-08, 06:05 PM
RV - you owe me a new laptop dude!

Wyoming
01-20-08, 06:12 PM
I never could get anything to land when I used to have Flight Simulator.

I'd always crash.

I got ****ed off and put it put over the ocean and let it run.

It ran out of gas and I threw the thing away.

On a serious note, and the two time walk-a-way from two 46 extremely hard landings, one on its side, and the other in a stream, we did the full monty of investigations. I think we were back in the air 2 days later.

PatriotGirl422
01-20-08, 06:29 PM

LOL the first thing I thought when I read this was...

Dear Chili,....

chili77bowl
01-22-08, 10:57 PM
Dear 14 and confused on reality,

Most pilots just ask their mommy and daddy to replace it...just like I did when I wrecked my brand new Honda Accord.

chili77bowl
01-22-08, 10:59 PM
The last post was written with the help of Mrs. Chilibowl

SGT7477
01-23-08, 07:07 AM
He will be grounded for sure,lol.

sparkie
01-23-08, 07:41 AM
Come on folks, this is a serious question that deserves a serious answer,,,,,,,,,there just aint any.
I think I'll restart my computer.

jetdoc
01-23-08, 04:53 PM
I'd say the first thing I'd do is if I had people with me I'd check to see if they were ok, then I'd make sure I still had all my body parts intact.

There are various reasons for a crash/accident. I think they usually pull the pilot(s) from flight status until a full investigation is completed.

LeonardLawrence
01-23-08, 09:58 PM
seems like based on the circumstances there might be a write up or formal counseling, depending on the cause of the crash.

IE, peacetime, fooling around, buzzing the tower and a wing clips the roach coach= FROWNED UPON.

Wartime, S.A.M. Clips your wing and you fall like a broken butterfly from the heavens and are miraculously rescued= NOT YOUR FAULT.

The poster is 14 and learning the lessons from Blackhawk down, and putting in the mind-time to see what would happen...I say cut him a pass and help him out... :idea:

jetdoc
01-24-08, 02:30 PM
seems like based on the circumstances there might be a write up or formal counseling, depending on the cause of the crash.

IE, peacetime, fooling around, buzzing the tower and a wing clips the roach coach= FROWNED UPON.

Wartime, S.A.M. Clips your wing and you fall like a broken butterfly from the heavens and are miraculously rescued= NOT YOUR FAULT.

The poster is 14 and learning the lessons from Blackhawk down, and putting in the mind-time to see what would happen...I say cut him a pass and help him out... :idea:

I agree, thats why my response was serious....now, I wonder if he has come back and read the posts?

Robert H
01-24-08, 04:01 PM
I agree, thats why my response was serious....now, I wonder if he has come back and read the posts?yes i am reading the post and lawrence I did not get this from blackhawkdown, I was just wondring beucase I've read about some plane crashes and I was wondering what happens after.

jetdoc
01-24-08, 08:07 PM
yes i am reading the post and lawrence I did not get this from blackhawkdown, I was just wondring beucase I've read about some plane crashes and I was wondering what happens after.

Well youngn' you have some new insight, (I hope). :thumbup:

LeonardLawrence
01-25-08, 12:29 AM
yes i am reading the post and lawrence I did not get this from blackhawkdown, I was just wondring beucase I've read about some plane crashes and I was wondering what happens after.

Thanks Robert, I saw it was in your movie list. :D

My point was that you were curious and you had the clarity to put it to a question.... I think that deserves a serious response and I meant no offense , young man.

chili77bowl
01-25-08, 07:00 PM
Well, I WOULD give you a serious response, but that would cause most of my fan base to quit reading my posts.

Marine84
01-25-08, 09:11 PM
Well, I WOULD give you a serious response, but that would cause most of my fan base to quit reading my posts.

I know that's right!

LeonardLawrence
01-25-08, 09:18 PM
DEAR CHILI,

I am a Captain for a ship carrying Marines. Lets say that it is an LPD of sorts. I wish to remain anonymous as my case is pending. I recently grounded my vessel on the rocks and shoals.

Would it be better at my courts martial to say that I crashed my ship, or instead would it be beneficial to say I just crashed a bunch of helos and some AAVs? Seems like the Helo and Harrier loss can be forgiven, but the vessel may not? Any thoughts?

I want to plead guilty and move on, but I have no personal honor, so I won't.

Oh, by the way. My Chief wants to switch services and bring his belly in on the buddy program. I am sure no one has asked before, but is this possible?

Signed,
Really ****ed this one Up. :scared:

chili77bowl
01-25-08, 10:13 PM
Dear "My Life is on the Rocks"

Your problem stems from the fact that you have not watched enough "Gilligan's Island". If you had, you would know EXACTLY what to do upon crashing a boat into rocks...you build a house out of bamboo, and hang a hammock, hire your fat cheif to call you "li'l buddy" and have a great time!

ggyoung
01-26-08, 11:32 AM
True life, this is what happened to me. In 1967 while at 29 Palms I was a section chief of a M-55 8inch howitzer while out in the field we were on 0 dark thirty CSMO move when my driver stopped and said we have oil all over the front of the howitzer. Along comes the Plt. commander and Plt.Sgt. and they said move it out of the 50 cal. range as they were to have o shoot in the next couple hours. So I did. The next that happened was the final drive, trany and engine all went to hell. The heavies wanted me to pay for a new howitzer overhaul. $365,000.00 worth. But for a very good Plt. commander and Plt.Sgt. They got me out of having to pay for the fixing.

devilhund1
01-26-08, 01:56 PM
Having grown up in Arty from 1952 to 1982 and went from towed 4.5 rockets to towed 105s,155s,8inch towed to Self propelled 155s,and 8inch I know the problems with V-12 continental engines,many tranny and engine problems. hats off to your Plt leaders for understanding it
was not due to your negligence but a problem with the manufacturer which i think was chrysler.

ggyoung
01-26-08, 06:48 PM
devilhund1================How right you are. What was your favorite? Mine was the 8inch (witch I got my section as a Cpl.). I also had the 0812 MOS to go with it. But the one I liked best was the 4.2 inch mortar.

DOC WEB
01-26-08, 07:27 PM
DEAR CHILI,

I am a Captain for a ship carrying Marines. Lets say that it is an LPD of sorts. I wish to remain anonymous as my case is pending. I recently grounded my vessel on the rocks and shoals.

Would it be better at my courts martial to say that I crashed my ship, or instead would it be beneficial to say I just crashed a bunch of helos and some AAVs? Seems like the Helo and Harrier loss can be forgiven, but the vessel may not? Any thoughts?

I want to plead guilty and move on, but I have no personal honor, so I won't.

Oh, by the way. My Chief wants to switch services and bring his belly in on the buddy program. I am sure no one has asked before, but is this possible?

Signed,
Really ****ed this one Up. :scared:

holy crap that had me rollin'. lol.

Phantom Blooper
01-28-08, 04:10 PM
Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of That Amazing Thunderbird Ejection/Crash Photo
When we first saw the photo of Capt. Chris Stricklin's ejection from a doomed U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds F-16 a few years ago, most of us here at AVweb thought it was a fake. But the more we looked at it, the more it seemed possible that someone had actually snapped Stricklin's moment of truth in what must be one of the greatest aviation photos ever shot. Well, it wasn't long before we learned that Staff Sgt. Bennie J. Dennis III had actually captured the drama at an air show at Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho.
In this week's AVweb original video, Video Editor Glenn Pew looks at the circumstances surrounding the dramatic accident - combining still photos, in-cockpit and outside-of-cockpit video, and narration including the investigation's findings and changes in procedure for the T-birds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alo_XWCqNUQ