PDA

View Full Version : Billets at Boot

Sway
01-19-08, 02:05 AM
I have read the instructions and have searched both this site and google and was unable to find an adequate answer

what are billets (besides positions held by personel in the U.S military) in boot camp and what do they consist of?

Thank you gentlemen,

Tim Robbins

BR34
01-19-08, 05:52 AM
They're basically jobs separate from your regular duties.

For instance, your drill instructors are on b-billets. Their primary MOS may be anything from Admin to Grunts, but their current MOS or b-billet is Recruit trainer.

The Commandant may be a cook, but his billet is, you guessed it, Commandant.

At bootcamp there will be a scribe, squad leaders, guide, big gear, house bit*h, and a host of other "billets" you really don't want.

rvillac2
01-19-08, 06:06 AM
Specifically, a billet is a personnel position in the unit's table of organization and equipment (TOE).
For example, an infantry company has a billet for:
Commanding Officer (Capt)
Executive Officer (1st Lt)
1st Sergeant (1SGT)
3 Platoon Leaders (2nd Lt)
3 Platoon Sergeants (3 SSgts)
etc... down the line.

kbs95125
01-19-08, 10:39 AM
At bootcamp there will be a scribe, squad leaders, guide, big gear, house bit*h, and a host of other "billets" you really don't want.

Then you kick yourself in the ass for not volunteering when you realize that alot of those billets get a meritorious promotion and you don't

Sway
01-19-08, 09:55 PM
yeah.. exactly the promotion is good and such

i am a college student and doing my best to get ready for boot, I assigned for infantry machine gunner because i want to get in the **** not just get comissioned, i have read plenty on here that you dont want to volunteer, but then again mates.. if you didnt stick your neck out once in a while youd be just plain ordinary.. even by a marines standards eh?

Sway
01-19-08, 10:18 PM
Then you kick yourself in the ass for not volunteering when you realize that alot of those billets get a meritorious promotion and you don't

by the way sir I noitced your a dog handler

im a big fan of dogs I have a retriever, just thought I would give you props for your MOS

Sway
01-19-08, 11:38 PM
i apologize because this is off topic

BR34
01-20-08, 07:49 AM

Or you just get promoted based on your performance, instead of your specific duties.