PDA

View Full Version : Marine stuff

RhylerMarine1
01-10-08, 03:16 PM
Maybe I'm a little curious and I feel really stupid asking all these questions I should probably know the answers to.But I don't. <br />
<br />
Do Marines or anyone in the service for that matter,get to take...

Big Jim
01-10-08, 03:26 PM
Well, as a Marine, you're given a uniform allowance and expected to maintain your uniforms cleaning and tailoring, so they are yours to keep after you get discharged. As far as the weapons,...

kaboom1371
01-10-08, 03:28 PM
can keep what ever guns you bought. Not any military issued weapon. There was a process of keeping captured weapons when I was in. They made them inoperable and good luck if they actually got back...

GySgtRet
01-10-08, 03:29 PM
No Marines do not get to take their combat rifles or pistols home. They are the property of the United States Government. Being they have the capability of either automatic or semi-automatic that...

kaboom1371
01-10-08, 03:31 PM
You are financially responsible for all your othe equipment as well like your 782 gear, or "deuce" gear. You know, your web gear, your sleeping bags and ALICE pack, helmet and kevlar vest. Hope this answers your questions!

unless it is "combat loss" then it is written off....

thewookie
01-10-08, 03:31 PM
Service issue weapons are returned, well, you never keep them any way, they're stored in the armory. So with that being said,, you turn in all of your weapon custody cards when you get processed out.

You also turn in all 782 and or Marine Corps issued gear and equipment. Your uniforms are yours, you paid for them at some point so they should be. Basically anything you purchased while you're in you can keep. What the Corps issues to you is returned when you get out.

RhylerMarine1
01-10-08, 03:32 PM
Thanks sir!

That's great I can keep all my stuff....would really like to have my weapon.

I know...the safety issues and all that.Its a real bummer though.My granddad took his weapon home after the War.Rules have changed since then,but even so,he actually SNEAKED his weapon home.Never got caught either.I don't admire his cheating,but owning a gun like that would be something-even if I never use it again.Just to display.

Ok,maybe here is my dumbest question: Guys have to shave their heads when shipping out,but what about girls?

I have such long, thick glossy hair and it would be a shame to have to cut it all off.Or cut it short.A bob would be cute,but in my way all the time.

My hair is always tied back-like today.Sooo much easier.

PatriotGirl422
01-10-08, 03:43 PM
Ok,maybe here is my dumbest question: Guys have to shave their heads when shipping out,but what about girls?

I have such long, thick glossy hair and it would be a shame to have to cut it all off.Or cut it short.A bob would be cute,but in my way all the time.

My hair is always tied back-like today.Sooo much easier.

Women go to Parris Island to become Marines, not men! Of course women don't have to shave their heads. However, there are strict regulations on hair to keep us from looking like trash. If you wish to have short hair, it can be worn down but can not be long enough to touch the bottom of your collar. You can also keep your long hair, but it must be put into a tight bun with no fly-aways and no visible hair accesories. I kept my hair long in boot camp, but it is much easier to maintain if it's short (you don't get much grooming time and you have to wash your hair on your own time, not in the shower).

GySgtRet
01-10-08, 03:46 PM
Excellent timing as usual. I wouldn't know how to fully answer the question any way.

RhylerMarine1
01-10-08, 03:52 PM
Oh geez-pretty tight.I would've never known though.

The Corps doesn't even put up with ponytails??

I guess I'm going to have to get a perm or something.I saw a really cute pic of a Navy girl with her hair short and wavy.It was pretty and she didn't look like a guy.

I guess I could live with the idea of having my hair pulled back all the time.

Thanks!

BR34
01-10-08, 04:46 PM
Are you being serious right now?

Your favorite quote is "be all you can be", and your favorite color is "NAVY blue is great on me". You are most concerned about your appearance and whether you will be able to keep gvt. issued equipment after EASing.

HA...I get it, you're joking.

How old are you?