PDA

View Full Version : Question for a female

Corndog
01-04-08, 08:17 PM
I searched the forums first, but found no answers. It is possible that I may have endometriosis (which is a female reproductive organ issue). I have not gone to the doctor, but I am showing symptoms (severe cramps being the worst symptom) and the disease does run in my family. Also, in the case that I don't have endometriosis, but I just simply have severe menstrual cycle issues, can I take birth control pills while in Boot Camp if prescribed and recommended by a doctor? Thanks for any answers!!!

Corndog
01-04-08, 08:18 PM
Sorry about the double post! My computer must be messing up...again.

Wyoming
01-04-08, 08:29 PM
I ain't female but - http://www.webmd.com/

and/or - http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=endometriosis&sourceType=undefined

I am not going any farther with this female reproductive organ issue stuff.

Quick question - Why not to to the Doctor?

Corndog
01-04-08, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific! I'm not asking for information about the disease. What I meant to be asking is if I can still join if I do have the disease? Sorry for the miscommunication! Thank you for the reply though! And I haven't gone to the doctor because of medical insurance issues. It's a long story. Long story short- I'm on a stupid HMO.

drwilkinson
01-04-08, 08:53 PM
Yes you can take birthcontrol if prescribed by the doctor.

Camper51
01-04-08, 08:54 PM
"A woman with endometriosis (http://www.endometriosis.org/endometriosis.html) must deal with a disease that in many cases will interfere with her life, her ability to function sexually, threaten her fertility, and impedes her from having a satisfying work life and participate in the normal activities of living, playing, and carrying on meaningful personal relationships.
But all of the above also affect those who are in her life and care about her, including partners, parents, siblings, friends, and her children.
Because endometriosis does not provide a visible handicap it can be very difficult for others to understand how this disease can affect one's life so profoundly - and how pain and chronic fatigue at the same time can be so invisible physically (no scars, no missing limbs), and yet so visible because of the way in which they may hinder a woman from carrying out day to day activities.
Obviously this will affect so many aspects of her life - and also the life that this person shares with others. It can be very difficult to understand pain or fatigue in another person, but if you know someone with endometriosis the biggest favour you can do to her is to learn about her disease. You need to understand that the woman you care about is dealing with a condition for which there is - for most - no cure. She has to come to terms with living with a chronic disease, sometimes in severe pain, with extreme exhaustion, and for some accepting that she will never have children. She may not have a visible handicap, but she may still be in pain both physically and emotionally. "

From what I read here regarding endometriosis I would think that this type of problem will most likely prevent your enlistment in the Corps. The only way to get a good answer to your question is to ask someone in the know or who has the facts at hand, namely your local Marine recruiter. They can provide you with the FACTS on whether you can enlist or not, or whether you can apply for a waiver for enlistment...

Good luck

Camper51
01-04-08, 08:58 PM
Yes you can take birthcontrol if prescribed by the doctor.

Hey Poolee, Wake up and read the post. This is NOT about birth control. Kindly keep your answers to things you truly know about...

Camper51
01-04-08, 09:06 PM
Hey Poolee, Wake up and read the post. This is NOT about birth control. Kindly keep your answers to things you truly know about...

My bad DRWILKINSON, your response was correct. I did not read the last line of the original post. I apologize...

Corndog
01-04-08, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the help.