PDA

View Full Version : Just some moto i guess

Whitey
12-31-07, 11:35 AM
I was thinking about this for the past 3 hours and thought I'd share.

You goto boot camp wanting to be made into a man or a woman, the time will come when you reflect on your training and that title of "man" or "woman" will not set well with you. you want more. by the time you're done with training you will be more than that title, you'll be a Marine. Something that knows no race, gender, age, time in history or political agenda.

Training sucks, you'll hate it all of 1st phase. Be miserable half of 2nd phase and 3rd phase you'll be good to go. You'll be in a routine and look forward to little things. Like for me I loved when our kill hat marched us, we were so crisp when he marched us. not out of fear and sometimes had nothing to do with respect, he just had it about him that we were sharper for him.

Your drill instructors start out as demons and slowly morph into your heroes. You'll do anything for them even march through the gates of hell. These men you must remember are sacrificing their families, free time and more often than not health to make sure you are recieving proper training. They put in over 120 hours a week just for you recruits. DONT DICK THE DOG WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR TRAINING! Graduation day the first thing you want to do before grabbing your trash is to shake the hand of these men. They will get 2 hours of sleep on a duty night, go without eating, allow sweat to pour down their face without wiping their brow, do amazing feats of strength and endurance. this all is FOR YOU. What they do to you is nothing personal, that ass chewing and discomfort of sand fleas chewing the tar out of you is for your own good. DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT DISRESPECT THESE MEN. Remember, your whole Marine Corps career is a reflection of them.

In the end, when you're standing there and have that EGA in your hand. Its not just another piece of metal nor is it just a label. Its something people have poured their blood, sweat and tears into. Many of you will cry. I laughed when my drill instructor granted me the honor of calling myself a Marine only to hold back the tears. If its just a hunk of metal to you, please, dont even think about going. If it feels like just a hunk of metal when you get it, do your time and get out. Don't tell anyone you were a Marine, EVER.(sounds harsh but thats my belief).

There will be people in your platoon that don't deserve it, don't worry about them. I'm sure everyone on here will tell you that the Corps is good on weeding people out.

thats my $.02. take it as you wish.

wguven84
12-31-07, 11:59 AM
Whitey that was absolutley amazing. I cannot wait till I recieve my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

sawatzke82
12-31-07, 04:07 PM
Many of you will cry
This is one of the first things I told my recruiter when I joined I just know I'll cry like a school yard sissy.

yellowwing
12-31-07, 04:13 PM
Good one Whitey! :thumbup:

GySgtRet
12-31-07, 04:20 PM
This is very well put by a new MARINE. Congratulations and carry on.

Semper Fi

:flag:

Happy New Year

Finger
12-31-07, 04:54 PM
And the feeling never goes away.

I know it hasn't for me.

:flag:

Whitey
12-31-07, 05:04 PM
I wish I could edit the post but I also want to throw up there. ITS NOT ABUSE. If you didn't screw up you wouldn't get whats coming! granted there are cases of abuse but 9 times out of 10 ITS YOUR FAULT. roll your freaking palms back, lock out your elbows and you're good to go. believe me, if you're not some pansy ass you'll know the difference.

davblay
12-31-07, 08:14 PM
Well put Whitey! You chose your words well and delivered them in a sharp way that all can understand them! Again, I am proud of you PUP,,,,,I mean Marine!

Semper Fi

Dave

SlingerDun
12-31-07, 08:38 PM
Thats rich:marine:

We oldies remember doling out 110% to make the grade but seem to have forgotten all the easy aspects of boot camp. As a new Marine perhaps you could elaborate on how skate boot camp has become?

Thanks,

--->Dave

jungholee90
01-01-08, 02:47 PM
Ah I can't wait! Thanks for the advice.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
01-14-08, 05:18 PM
Good post Whitey. Its only been just over 2 years for me but sometimes you still forget things, that was a good post though. YUT.

skaterjon89
01-14-08, 06:00 PM
In my RS there is a poster that says:

"Believe it or not, I'm the first person you'll want to see when you graduate"

with a picture of a drill instructor yelling or something...

Whitey
01-14-08, 11:45 PM
dude whittier as in AK?

but yeah, that poster noone ever gets until they graduate.

skaterjon89
01-15-08, 12:32 AM
nope, Whittier, CA

West Coas :D

Whitey
01-15-08, 11:22 AM
alaska kinda is west coast

jerry pattison
01-15-08, 02:28 PM
Whitey
It Great To See The New Generation "marines" Like Yourself
Passing On Usmc Pride