PDA

View Full Version : Mos 4671

mtroyer
12-20-07, 08:34 PM
I'm a Poolee leaving for MCRDSD 20080602 and my MOS is going to be 4671 (Combat Videographer) I have my A.A. In Film and I've done a few film festivals and have specialized in editing video so i figured I could take those skills to the Corps BUT i was just curious as to what ACTUAL Marines think about other Marines with what is considered "Non-Combat Occupations" (yes I am keeping in mind when you're in the Marines your job is never Non-Combat because your first job is Rifleman) ;] BUT do you guys give us media guys sh** for what we chose? I wouldn't care too much either way because I'm doing what I want but it wouldn't hurt to know because I would have to be working with other Marines and it is a tight brotherhood.

sparkie
12-20-07, 08:42 PM
You want the truth???? When there is a bunch of 0311s slugging thru the mud passing by a camera jockey, there is resentment. What did you expect? A Rose Garden?

rvillac2
12-20-07, 09:50 PM
You gauranteed this MOS? or just 46xx? Reserve or Active?

If you're lucky enough to get the exact job you want, who cares?
Don't worry about what they'll think of you. You will all go to the same boot camp and wear the same uniform.

mtroyer
12-20-07, 10:26 PM
You gauranteed this MOS? or just 46xx? Reserve or Active?

If you're lucky enough to get the exact job you want, who cares?
Don't worry about what they'll think of you. You will all go to the same boot camp and wear the same uniform.

My recruiter told me I could get my exact job but he couldn't provide. He said (after i signed my @$$ away to the Corps) That i'd have to join the general 46xx group and go from there...No hard feelings though. I figure with a degree in Film and a lot of editing experience they might throw me that way just because training me wouldn't be that hard since i've been doing the sh** for a while. But well i haven't been trained the Marine way and there could be a million guys doing it already and there would be no need for me. Who knows what will happen. Also I'm going on Active duty.. I didn't want to do reserves. Also I thought about going Infantry but I decided not to because If decide not to be a lifer and put in the 25 years to retire I would get job experience doing Video which is what I love to do now and what i want to do forever and what better place to get experience then in the Marine Corps.

Just wish bootcamp would come sooner

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-20-07, 11:07 PM
You'll be assigned according to what job the Marine Corps needs, not what you've done before.

As for the other question, grunts hate everyone that don't have an 03 in front of their MOS. It seems 0311s tend to hate everyone that isn't an 0311. It is a part of life. There are two types of Marines- infantrymen and those that exist to support them and allow them to do their job. But, you'll be a Marine- and until you are one you couldn't ever really understand.

mtroyer
12-21-07, 09:55 PM
But well i haven't been trained the Marine way and there could be a million guys doing it already and there would be no need for me. Who knows what will happen.

yeahhh I know the Corps chooses what you will do based on what they need

I probly already knew the answer when i started this thread anyways haha
But i guess i was just curious as to what people would say

zackmerc
12-23-07, 09:52 AM
As for the other question, grunts hate everyone that don't have an 03 in front of their MOS. It seems 0311s tend to hate everyone that isn't an 0311. It is a part of life. There are two types of Marines- infantrymen and those that exist to support them and allow them to do their job. But, you'll be a Marine- and until you are one you couldn't ever really understand.

Our Combat Instructors keep telling us to distinguish between the grunts and pogues. They also try to instill in us contempt for the pogues. You can see that the Infantry instructors and the MCT instructors also don't get along. The MCT instructors also try to mess with ITB students on a regular basis.