PDA

View Full Version : Am I able to join?

Patriot34
12-20-07, 10:39 AM
Yea, I'm sure you Marines are going Oh great, this guy didn't search the forum. I did, but I didn't find the answers I was looking for. If you have seen any of my posts, (I mentioned it once) I had cancer for 2 years, in a period over 4 years. The second time I recieved radiation and and bone marrow transplant. My immune system is still young, but my body is old, so I have 2 DNA's (skin & blood) Will this interfere with me enlisting, affect my chances, or will I just be like any other puke on Parris Island?

Phantom Blooper
12-20-07, 11:12 AM
How long ago was your cancer? When you went to the RS and DEP'ed what did your recruiter tell you? Did your recruiter make MEP's aware for a waiver? I think that this is a question that would need to be discussed in depth with your recruiter.

The reason I ask about the cancer question is: Are you cancer free or are you in remission? With two DNA's you may be able to go on a recon..sniper...inserted covert mission and be used as a secret weapon that can't be traced. Give that story to your recruiter or recruiterette and see what they say.

I don't know how it works but hopefully you will make it to be a PUKE on a depot.....sorta sounds like Shiat On A Shingle. Good luck!

:evilgrin:

Patriot34
12-20-07, 05:33 PM
I am 100% cancer free. I've been cancer free for close to 3 years now. (Feburary 9th is three years) Never thought of being a sniper... that'd be kind of cool. If I'm correct, you have to be a really good marksmen (i think expert or something, correct me if im wrong Marines) Thanks phantom blooper, I want to be a puke on Parris. That'd be great.

thewookie
12-20-07, 05:43 PM
With two DNA's you may be able to go on a recon..sniper...inserted covert mission and be used as a secret weapon that can't be traced. Give that story to your recruiter or recruiterette and see what they say.:evilgrin:

Great info thanks:) I just spit beer on my computer screen!

Phantom Blooper
12-20-07, 05:54 PM
I just spit beer on my computer screen!

I do that sometimes myself,for some of the shiat that I type!:beer:

Patriot34
12-20-07, 05:57 PM
Kinda scary I guess... I guess you don't come across a person with 2 DNA's very often. Never thought about it that much.

sparkie
12-20-07, 06:00 PM
I do it sometimes just to clean the friggin screen.
Hey Old Buddy Bloop, The answer man, I got a question. Do we have lady snipers??? I can't believe that $hit, But my kids say they know this WM Sniper. Of course I said NO Way, But what do I know?
And 34,,, Don't worry 'bout 2 DNAs. I get that with a nice wet kiss.

thewookie
12-20-07, 06:02 PM
I agree it's kinda scary, just a tad bit, but like SSgt. said you could be like almost invisible, way mad who-ah super stealth.

Phantom Blooper
12-20-07, 06:13 PM
Here you go Sparkie! Chalk one up to the kids!

http://userpages.aug.com/captbarb/sniper.html

And Patriot34 if the Marines say NO! There may a job available for you withe FBI,CIA or NCIS......like the Bourne Identity!:beer:

In all seriousness Good luck to you and I would really like to hear what the recruiter says!

Patriot34
12-20-07, 06:17 PM
oh yea. The real Bourne. That'd be funny.

yellowwing
12-20-07, 06:30 PM
"The Bourne Patriot", has a nice ring to it! ;)

sparkie
12-20-07, 06:33 PM
Let them check my DNA,,,,,,, Damm Nice Alcohol. Clean their Friggin testtube!!!!!

Patriot34
12-20-07, 06:40 PM
"The Bourne Patriot", has a nice ring to it! ;)

Then what would I do? Bust out my mad Kung Fu moves and my fifty other dangerous words? No wait, I'd play mind games with em like the DI's. Make em cry out in the night for their mothers. That's probabally not even close to what the real DI's make you do. Can't Wait!

Marine84
12-20-07, 07:01 PM
My immune system is still young, but my body is old, so I have 2 DNA's (skin & blood)

:scared: HUH?

You really don't have anything to worry about as long as one of the DNA isn't that of a jackel.

Patriot34
12-20-07, 07:10 PM
:scared: HUH?

My immune system is that of a childs (not experienced so I have to get the polo shot, mumps, etc done over again), but my bodys is the strongest it's ever been.

BR34
12-20-07, 08:38 PM
You'll never have to fear a paternity test.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-21-07, 01:36 AM
LOL...

Check with a recruiter to see if you qualify.

The USMC, as far as I know, does NOT have female snipers.

Patriot34
12-21-07, 10:18 PM
Alright. I'll do that. Thank you for your time everyone.