PDA

View Full Version : Historical U.S Armed Forces Days

gus
12-19-07, 10:13 AM
Hello
I recently find there will have a Historical U.S Armed Forces Days here in Belgium. It will try to remake every US armed forces since 1775 to 1991.
Here it s the website If you want any information. http://us2008engl.jemesouviens.fr/
I want to participate to this events. As a USMC fan I wanted to make a gulf war usmc uniforms but unfortunatly they decide to make only Army for that period. I then ask to make a Pacific theatre usmc suit. But they had too much people for that period so they accept nobody else. So there are vietnam left which is cool but there are already team who comes.

I would like to make a USMC uniform because here in europe there are not a lot of people who made it. They prefer Army because they were here to free us. That s the one everybody see.
So I post here to ask few question. I would be really interest by making a USMC uniforms to go there and represent the units who deserve as much as the others to be represent.

As they don t want people for some periods I was looking for information about USMC uniforms from before 1900s to ww1 or korea.
I have no Idea where i could purchase those uniforms and gears. I am looking for website where i can buy them so I could choose what s easier to find and make a uniform to go there. I am also looking for good advice about the uniforms and equipment. What were they wearing, how... To be as realistic as possible and not making big anachronism.
Any help is welcome.
If you have a good idea of uniforms I could make to honor those Men I am also ready to hear you.
Thank you
Robin

jinelson
12-19-07, 11:06 AM
If you can help gus in any way with his questions please do. I know this pup well and he spent the month of July here with us last year. He wants to come here and serve as a United States Marine. We have several pups from other countries that are breaking their ass's to get here and enlist legally. My advice to them is come here illegally and live like a king or go through the legal process and be too old to enlist when they get here. Its really a sad thing during a war.

Jim