PDA

View Full Version : Love This

Adikt916
12-15-07, 04:38 PM
Today was my first Poolee function, was pretty cool because I got enlisted yesterday, and go to San Diego for Boot Feburary 19th. And the Poolee function today was doing the IST, but a drill instructer came up from San Diego. All I can say is that I love this **** already.

The Drill Instructer was awesome, I thought I would hate getting chewed out. But let me say I love it actually. It's the most motivating **** ever, having a DI yell at you in your face.

Before I was kinda iffy on the Boot Camp experience, now my motivation is threw the roof. Ima be workin my ass off to get in better shape, all I can say is: **** it! Can't wait to be a better person. I can't wait to get sent, and be a Marine :marine:
If your going to San Diego, DON'T **** WITH DI PIPER :evilgrin:

SlingerDun
12-15-07, 05:15 PM
I thought I would hate getting chewed out. But let me say I love it actually. It's the most motivating **** ever, having a DI yell at you in your facehehehehe woooooooo motivation is good but dont forget to 'about face' and hash over this statement once you complete boot camp. You'll have experience and plenty of opportunity's to reflect on, which you lack today.

--->Dave

Adikt916
12-15-07, 05:23 PM
That's true, let me correct myself:

Having a DI yell in my face was the most verbally motivating thing I have experienced Pre Boot Camp.

davblay
12-15-07, 05:32 PM
What you experiences was what he wanted you to experience! You never know, he may very well be one of your DIs on the Depot! I don't think his misssio will be the same on HIS turf! Please keep us posted when you get back and let us know how mush you loved that crap, will ya?

Dave

Adikt916
12-15-07, 06:01 PM
I hope he's one of my DI's :marine:

We were at a Marine Corps base, so it was HIS turf I guess. But yah I am pretty sure it will be alot worst at the Depot. Still though...

Yah I'll let you guys know :beer:

davblay
12-15-07, 07:14 PM
Well Marines, this poolee doesn't need our help! He just can't wait to get there and get yelled at. He's up to date on all the things he will need when he does get there and was just posting to let us know he loves it! I usually try to help all poolees, but this is a first for me, I mean one that doesn't need anything! He will probably just breeze thru Boot Camp and be bored while he is there, except when they yell at him!

I don't know about the rest of you Marines, but I am not gonna try to help this lad, as he seems to know it all already! If he wants help he knows how to ask, I guess!

Oh and check the attitude at the Main Gate, I am a Marine that your getting the attitude with!

NUFF SAID!

Dave

Adikt916
12-15-07, 07:59 PM
I don't get it what did I say that has attitude? I am not acting like I know everything either....I don't get what's wrong with showing motivation for what I am about to get into.

Im not waiting to get yelled at either, I am waiting to become a Marine. Being yelled at by a DI is just going to help me get there which is what I am trying to express.

I am sure it's alot better than having the attitude of "this **** is gonna suck and I shouldn't look foward to it" if thats the attitude you you want me to have.

Zulu 36
12-15-07, 08:48 PM
Methinks you've touch a raw nerve, Dave.

I can already tell that our new poolee is sensitive to criticism. Bad trait to have going to Marine boot camp. Cpl Davblay just twisted your nipples a little.

What that DI did at a poolee function was just him having a little fun. I guarantee he was not running at 110% like he would be at the Depot. You'll see. :evilgrin:

BryanWeist
12-15-07, 08:50 PM
I am not a Marine yet. But my brother is. One thing i learned if he can make it through i can make it through. 3 months of hell should be fun

Adikt916
12-15-07, 08:51 PM
He didn't hurt my feelings, I am just curious as to what I did wrong...

Even if it wasn't the real deal, and it was just play play it was still motivating. Thats the point.

If it was for play play he still scared the **** out of pretty much 3/4 of the Poolees there.

Marine84
12-15-07, 08:58 PM
LOL! Yeah, he was just having some fun. You knew you would be going home after your function. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Spend 3 months with that!

Adikt916
12-15-07, 09:03 PM
Like I said, can't wait. :bunny:

I know I am in for a world of pain.

The DI emphasised the point that: Boot is really simple, just do what the **** your told to do, nothing more nothing less. That shouldn't be that hard, but then again I havn't had 4 DI's yelling in my face at the same time either.

Zulu 36
12-15-07, 09:08 PM
He didn't hurt my feelings, I am just curious as to what I did wrong...
Doing "wrong" has nothing to do with getting screwed with in the Corps. You'll often wonder what you did wrong as you examine the pit or quarterdeck from multiple, rapidly changing, angles. Get used to it.

Adikt916
12-15-07, 09:12 PM
Aye Sir!

semperfiman
12-15-07, 11:10 PM
Boot is really simple, how can you say boot is really simple if youve never been there oh im sorry i forgot how simple it really was

Bim
12-15-07, 11:34 PM
You are always wrong even if you are right.

thewookie
12-16-07, 12:07 AM
Today was my first Poolee function, was pretty cool because I got enlisted yesterday, and go to San Diego for Boot Feburary 19th. And the Poolee function today was doing the IST, but a drill instructer came up from San Diego. All I can say is that I love this **** already.

The Drill Instructer was awesome, I thought I would hate getting chewed out. But let me say I love it actually. It's the most motivating **** ever, having a DI yell at you in your face.

Before I was kinda iffy on the Boot Camp experience, now my motivation is threw the roof. Ima be workin my ass off to get in better shape, all I can say is: **** it! Can't wait to be a better person. I can't wait to get sent, and be a Marine :marine:
If your going to San Diego, DON'T **** WITH DI PIPER :evilgrin:

I think it's good to go that you got to experienced a sliver of what you'll live with for 3 months. But you should know that you were not on his turf, you may have been on the Depot, but you're not on his turf until you're his recruit. Then you'll know the game is for real. It's good that you're motivated but be careful how you judge one small irrelevant poolee experience. Be careful what you ask for,,

kelley26
12-16-07, 01:31 AM
OK! here it is... OK first of all WE are poolees...cause WE (as in us poolees) have no clue what to expect...I mean I don't cause i haven't been through boot...i only know what my dad tells me an my brother an uncles...I'm no freakin genius by no means, but um... I'm pretty sure its goin to be a totally different story then we all think... LIKE I said I'm just a poolee not a Marine yet... so the best thing for US poolees to do is shut up an quit acting like were damn Marines when were still civilian scum...so that being said... We need to respect all Marines a hell of alot better an stop arguing with em an acting like WE know what WE are talkin about when in all actuality WE don't... WE ain't Marines til WE earn the Eagle, Globe, & Anchor... an I don't think we've earned it yet, Have we? atleast i haven't! so until then calm down and stop gettin all reved up... there is a difference in bein motivated and bein a damn know-it-all... am I right or wrong?