PDA

View Full Version : Research paper for school looking for some helpers.

HCCPoolee
12-09-07, 06:35 PM
In school we're doing a research paper in which we pick a topic and write all about it under my request i was approved to do Marine Corps History tradition and battles and i am allso allowed to interview young men and women whom have served so any one willing to be interviewd on your war time experiences
i would be thankful to all volunteers thanks. ~Nick~:flag:

Zulu 36
12-09-07, 07:19 PM
In school we're doing a research paper in which we pick a topic and write all about it under my request i was approved to do Marine Corps History tradition and battles and i am allso allowed to interview young men and women whom have served so any one willing to be interviewd on your war time experiences
Well, Nick, I'll start you off on a few tips for writing. First, the pronoun, I, is always capitalized.

Second, the posting you made is a very hard to understand "run-on sentence." Properly punctuated and capitalized, it would be a full paragraph consisting of three sentences. Your post, properly written, should look like this:

In school we're doing a research paper for which we may pick a topic and write all about it. I was approved to write on the topic of Marine Corps history and battles. I am also allowed to interview men and women who have served, so any one willing to be interviewed about their experiences can contact me via private message.

I would be thankful for all volunteers.

I certainly hope for your sake, that the research paper is written much better than this post. I do not write this criticism to be mean, but in a constructive way. How you present yourself verbally and in writing is very important in making people think how intelligent and educated you are.

While you might be a very intelligent young man, your writing reflects poorly on your education. For some people, poor education equals low intelligence. I know this is not necessarily true.

I'm very good friends with a man, now in his 40s, who dropped out of high school as a senior to support his family. Yet, now, he is the general manager of an office supply and printing business and is very good at what he does. His verbal and writing skills do not reflect his relative lack of formal education. He has not even obtained his GED yet, but most people think he has a college degree. I did when I first met him.

I am working on a doctorate and he is a high school dropout. Yet my friend and I can converse in a fully erudite manner, when we choose. Normally we talk like a couple of rednecks (which he proudly is by birth, but I'm a transplanted "blue belly").:p

seandayley
12-13-07, 10:33 PM
What Zulu 36 seems to mean, whether he stats it or not, is that you need a good proof reader. Do not mind criticisim about your writing, especially when you are using a venacular that is comon among teenagers in a social setting such as in internet settings.

bucksgted
12-13-07, 11:11 PM
Nick, in addition to what has already been said, you have "titled" three chapters of your paper already; History, Tradition and Battles.

I am confident that you could find enough in these threads and on the internet (without copying) to fill more pages than your instructor is willing to read. LOL In your foot notes, you can always explain the sources of your references. I'll stick my neck out here and suggest that you do not limit yourself to "war time experiences" from these Marines. Feelings are oft times as important as the event itself when trying to convey a message.

Research it, learn it, understand it, talk about it and then I'm confident you can write it. I am of the opinion that if you can think it, you can say it and if you can say it you can write it.

Make us proud!!

Ed

yellowwing
12-14-07, 09:00 AM
Hey Nick, check out this video (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58325). It will help.