PDA

View Full Version : Qualification question.

Douglas from PA
12-08-07, 08:13 PM
Hello, I am Doug.

I have a few questions. Would you be able to assist me?
[1] After my current semester, I will have 22 college credits with a course weight of 100 or higher. If I enlist in the 4 year or 6 year option, would my college credits earn me a higher rank?
[2] I would like to enlist, but I have two daughters and a spouse, which is pregnant? Could I still enlist if a waiver is granted?
[3] Do the Marines offer the same benifits that the other branches offer: BAH, food allowance (for families), health care, etc.?
[4] I am a little confused, is the pay chart for the military the same for all branches, I know the ranking system is different (Pvt, PFC, etc), I mean E-1, E-2. Because on http://usmilitary.about.com it states that there all the same base pay?

Thank You,

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-07, 09:08 PM
1. Yes- you can be promoted to PFC for having 15 credits.
2. Probably
3. Yes
4. I don't know what you're asking- but yes an E-1 in the Navy make the same as an E-1 in the Marine Corps. Pay is decided on your paygrade and time in service, not which service you're in.

BR34
12-08-07, 09:59 PM
About number 1, those courses have to be 101 or higher for the Marine Corps to recognize them. Lvl 100 won't cut it. Also, I think, but am not sure you only need 12 101 or higher credits to rate PFC.

Douglas from PA
12-08-07, 10:07 PM
I meant 101. But thank you for your quick responce.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-07, 10:35 PM
100 level (or 1000 in some places) counts. Anything of that level and higher are college level courses- not remedial- so they count for promotion purposes.

The level could be 12. The last I heard was 15 to get the promotion, but that could have changed.