PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about shipping dates

drwilkinson
12-08-07, 01:18 PM
Okay I have an opportunity to leave earlier for bootcamp and they called me up asking me to leave on Wednesday the 19th of December. I thought bootcamp started on a Monday? And if that is the case, I would start boot on December 24th, which seeing how Christmas is the next day. I don't know how that would work. Who knows.

Camfan44
12-08-07, 01:26 PM
starting on a wednesday has to do with the fact that christmas is the next week, the earlier they start you the less time they have to be with you on christmas!!! just my thinking

PatriotGirl422
12-08-07, 01:51 PM
You always leave for bootcamp monday-thursday. You get there and spend the first few days in receiving/forming. Then, you get with your drill instructors on Monday. Just because you won't be training on Christmas doesn't mean you won't be there. I got there and we were supposed to start training on Monday but it didnt start until tuesday because monday was memorial day. They dont just not send you because one of your first days will be a holiday, you just dont train on that holiday

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-07, 02:03 PM
My own 2 cents- but tell the recruiter to get bent. You couldn't force me to go to boot camp just before Christmas. You'll be miserable no matter what- there's no need to have your second day with your DIs be a day you just sit around all day. It would be metal hell.

Wyoming
12-08-07, 02:17 PM
My own 2 cents- but tell the recruiter to get bent. You couldn't force me to go to boot camp just before Christmas. You'll be miserable no matter what- there's no need to have your second day with your DIs be a day you just sit around all day. It would be metal hell.

I agree, you are going in and that's that!!

Jdncowboy
12-08-07, 03:58 PM
It's all up to you. I was origanlly shippin on 20080107, but switched to 20071217 because I was offered a pretty sweet deal, and I figured I might as well get used to missing Christmas.

Kegler300
12-08-07, 04:05 PM
Now who wouldn't want to spend Christmas with their DI? C'mon, you know you would if you could...

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-07, 04:42 PM
Master Guns, I'd be happy to have any of my Drill Instructors over to the house for Christmas dinner. But, there is no way I'd want to spend Christmas in a squad bay at MCRD- especially just after getting to your platoon.

Zulu 36
12-08-07, 05:54 PM
Remember the alternate meaning for USMC.

Us Suckers Missed Christmas

:p

drwilkinson
12-08-07, 08:38 PM

To get bent? I don't know what that means. Just out of curiosity, what would I be doing on Christmas day? Special meal? Read books? Run laps? lol

Wyoming
12-08-07, 08:46 PM
To get bent? I don't know what that means. Just out of curiosity, what would I be doing on Christmas day? Special meal? Read books? Run laps? lol

Screwed!

Hosed!

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-08-07, 09:01 PM
It has a double meaning. As bigal said, it means screwed or hosed. But it is also another term for getting thrashed, or as it is called in boot camp quarterdecked.

I wasn't there on Christmas, but I would assume you would probably have a religious sermon in the morning, some free time until chow, and then probably some Corps Values classes or drill- something like that. That is what we did for Easter- but that was a Sunday and the schedule is something close to that anyway.

Phantom Blooper
12-09-07, 06:38 AM
It just wouldn't be the same hearing your drill instructor saying HO!HO!HO! on Christmas morning!

Especially a WM to a barracks full of woman recruits! Somewhere,someone would find that to be not PC!

:evilgrin:

Quinbo
12-09-07, 10:34 AM
It just wouldn't be the same hearing your drill instructor saying HO!HO!HO! on Christmas morning!

Especially a WM to a barracks full of woman recruits! Somewhere,someone would find that to be not PC!

You aint right but I'm still rolling on that one.

Phantom Blooper
12-10-07, 06:54 PM
Have you decided to leave early or your original ship date? The posts that got deleted because of upgrade (PCP) is why I am asking. Your run time....:evilgrin:

Mindgame
12-10-07, 07:17 PM
No offence, but the Marine Corps isn't going anywhere. Why would you want to spend what could be your last "definate christmas at home", in MCRT?

My recruiter tried getting me to go before christmas. I guess he realized it wasn't happening, so he hasn't asked since.

drwilkinson
12-10-07, 10:41 PM
Have you decided to leave early or your original ship date? The posts that got deleted because of upgrade (PCP) is why I am asking. Your run time....:evilgrin:

I've decided to leave early, they are giving a $10,000 enlistment incentive if I do. I've really been working on my running. Someone gave me some tips on breathing and that really helped me out, but I still need work.

Phantom Blooper
12-11-07, 08:06 AM
Well good luck to you and keep on running!

Good luck and make sure you read the fine print.

drwilkinson
12-11-07, 08:55 PM
No offence, but the Marine Corps isn't going anywhere. Why would you want to spend what could be your last "definate christmas at home", in MCRT?

If you knew my situation at home you wouldn't ask that question. BTW Christmas isn't going anywhere either.

Mindgame
12-14-07, 05:28 PM
Well in that case. I apologize.