PDA

View Full Version : Which recruiter should I speak with?

FloridaStudent
12-02-07, 07:23 PM
Just wondering if I need a prior service recruiter or not. I do have a DD214, but never finished Boot Camp. Thanks for any help.

As for my post last night, and my replies.. I was unaware of any rules I might have violated, and the profile thing. Sorry if my replies seemed snappy, I felt a bit attacked. Just been stressed with Finals this week. Taking 4 hard science classes in college and all are cumulative finals this week.

PatriotGirl422
12-02-07, 08:54 PM
As far as I know, you just go to the regular recruiter. If there's anything special that you need to do, they'll be able to hook you up from there. I spent quite a bit of time at the recruiter's office in my day, and so I watched them deal with prior service individuals. I think they were able to work with them. Now, depending on why you didn't finish boot camp, getting any waivers may be another story...

FloridaStudent
12-02-07, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I know I have to get a waiver. I have an RE-3P for fraudulent enlistment on the grounds that I didn't mention the fact that I was at one time prescribed ritalin. It came out when I got really bad bronchitis that they said could be asthma related and they wanted to send for m CMR's. I fessed up about it and asked about a waiver, but they said it was too late and I would have to rejoin in two years with a waiver.

Thanks for the info. I'll go talk to a recruiter this week.

GySgtRet
12-02-07, 09:31 PM
With type of discharge you recieved I seriously doubt that the Marine Corps will look at you. DO NOT go to the prior service recruiter you would be wasting their time go to the recruiting office. ...

DIBLO7
12-02-07, 11:59 PM
RE-3P has NOTHING to do with fradulent enlistment. From the Separations Manual (MCO P1900.16F)..

Code

RE-3P*

When Assigned
Failure to meet physical/
medical standards (includes
pseudofolliculitis and weight
standards).

Remarks

Recommended by CO upon removal of
disqualifying factor. SRB entry
required stating reason for
assignment. Individual Marine must
sign SRB entry. CMC authority
required for reenlistment.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-03-07, 12:57 AM
I am assuming the 3P was given for a medical discharge (ritalin) and not the fraud committed in getting to boot camp. <br />
<br />
Just one more example of why it is always better to be honest.

FloridaStudent
12-03-07, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I had spoken with a recruiter a year or so before I joined and he had told me that "what the Corps doesn't know cant keep you out" or something to that matter, so when I went to a recruiter for enlistment I just left that out of my paperwork. I know it was a huge mistake now and had I the opportunity to go back I would have gotten the waiver I needed from the start.

My advice to anyone in the position I was in before is to spend the time to get the waiver from the beginning because it will save a lot of time and money, for you and for the Corps.

So, I guess a recruiter could help me get the CMC approval if the CMC was willing to sign one on my behalf?

Thanks again all for the info.

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-03-07, 03:12 PM
Call a recruiter-tell him what you told us. Assuming you have had a productive life since you left the military, you may be able to get the waiver without too much problem.

FloridaStudent
12-03-07, 03:19 PM
I have led a productive life since. I have never been in trouble with the law, have a minimum number of traffic violations all of which are at least 4 years old, have been in college, and run my own handyman business. I could probably even get recommendation letters from some of the doctors, lawyers, and other people in high positions that I do work for. Not that any of them would matter since they are not military or retired military, but possibly it could help me as a moral character witness type of thing.

Thanks again Marines!