PDA

View Full Version : Recruit Training question

staggs21
12-02-07, 03:19 PM
My recruiter said that since I would be enlisting as a reservist I would be able to send money home to my wife. I was wondering how and how often I would be able to do this?

Marine84
12-02-07, 03:55 PM
I'm confused............why wouldn't you be able to in the first place?

Have you ever heard of Western Union (for one) and your S-1 can hook it up for you too. Do you guys live so far in the woods the mailman don't come out that far or something?

staggs21
12-02-07, 04:04 PM
My recruiter told me that I could, but he didn't explain how. He told me that there was a Marine who had just gotten back from boot camp who was in the same situation that I would be in and he could explain it better, but I haven't been able to contact him.

Wyoming
12-02-07, 04:44 PM
I'm confused............why wouldn't you be able to in the first place?

Have you ever heard of Western Union (for one) and your S-1 can hook it up for you too. Do you guys live so far in the woods the mailman don't come out that far or something?

Why are you talking to 'who is this'?:cool:

Yo, Kim, I must be in the woods, we don't have door to door, just PO Boxes.

Marine84
12-02-07, 06:25 PM
You just moved that far out Big Al cause you got more room to practice shooting without the cops pulling up - ya'll even got a 911 system?

Wyoming
12-02-07, 07:29 PM
You just moved that far out Big Al cause you got more room to practice shooting without the cops pulling up - ya'll even got a 911 system?

No 911 system - we use 410 indoors and 387 when out and about.:cool:

BR34
12-02-07, 08:06 PM
My recruiter said that since I would be enlisting as a reservist I would be able to send money home to my wife. I was wondering how and how often I would be able to do this?

There is a very, very slim chance you will get to visit the credit union before liberty Sunday. You better start saving now so that your wife will have money while you're gone.