PDA

View Full Version : In a bind.

steve0
11-28-07, 09:56 PM
Well I'm getting close to the age to enlist into the marines. but since i flunked a year of school four years ago I wont be graduated by the time that I enlist.
So I want an opinion on whether I should hop school and join the marines or stay in school the extre two years and then join. I just don't want to wind up changing my mind along the way. My mind is completely set on joining the marines but I don't know whether I should finish High School or not.
Any advice?

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-28-07, 10:18 PM
The first thing you need to do is go read the rules in the poolee hall. When you do, you'll see that you need to fill out your profile before you post. Once you do that, you will see that the word Marine is always capitalized.

I will go ahead and answer- even though I shouldn't. But you don't really have an option. You can't drop out and enlist. You would have to go to college for a semester to make yourself eligible. So just keep stay in school. And, if changing your mind along the way is a possibility then you don't belong in the Marine Corps anyway.

Big Jim
11-28-07, 10:42 PM
Good answer E4B...couldn't have said it better myself......

davblay
11-28-07, 10:43 PM
STAY IN SCHOOL!!

LeonardLawrence
11-28-07, 11:10 PM
STEVE O-
You are 15. What you do now and in the next two years will affect you 2, 5, 10, 20 years down the line.

Marines need to be physically strong and mentally sound. Stay in school!

Marine84
11-29-07, 07:45 AM
STAY IN SCHOOL! The Corps won't go anywhere - it will be there when you're done.