PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me what ITEMS to bring in bootcamp please?

arxdalad
11-22-07, 03:58 PM
Can you tell me what ITEMS to bring in bootcamp please?

Zulu 36
11-22-07, 04:02 PM

This info is available through the search feature. Essentially, just you and the clothes you wear.

Wyoming
11-22-07, 04:04 PM

Most 25 year old recruits bring bananas. (Sorry Zulu, I couldn't let that go. He's gonna get blistered soon enough, so I thought I'd get a quick shot in before anyone else.)

arxdalad
11-22-07, 04:04 PM
towels yes or no?
journal yes or no?
swim shorts yes or no?
social security card yes or no?

thewookie
11-22-07, 04:10 PM
towels yes or no?
journal yes or no?
swim shorts yes or no?

I would bring all of that,,and also bring your camera so you can take pictures while you're there ( I always wished that I had)

And I think they let you have an electric toothbrush now so bring that (you'll be much faster then the other recruits and maybe make guide) and some spare batteries, too, and you'll be good to go

arxdalad
11-22-07, 04:20 PM
ok

SlingerDun
11-22-07, 04:46 PM
hehehehehe all the civilian possibles a recruit packs along including the thermos moms filled with hot chocolate and marshmellows are superflous dead weight you wont use and have to hump when you leave.

Seabag, garment bag, ditty bag, Marine Corps issue gets heavy fast!

Bring a wallet, and cheap clothes you wont mind throwing in the dumpster. The wallet you keep on your person, dont have any contraband in it or questionable photos. Clothes will be bagged upon arrival and after a few months may seem moldy and nasty but its just a reflection on how un-refined and raggedy you were in a past life.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

--->Dave

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-22-07, 05:40 PM
The answer is no to all of that. Bring yourself- everything else will be given to you. If they don't issue it to you, you don't need it. You're not going to summer camp.

Zulu 36
11-22-07, 05:41 PM
Most 25 year old recruits bring bananas. (Sorry Zulu, I couldn't let that go. He's gonna get blistered soon enough, so I thought I'd get a quick shot in before anyone else.)

Heh, heh, heh :marine:

BR34
11-22-07, 06:11 PM
towels yes or no?
journal yes or no?
swim shorts yes or no?

The only thing on your above list that you need to bring is a SS card.

You can bring anything you want though, you just won't be allowed to have any of it while on the Depot.

Marine84
11-22-07, 06:38 PM

OK - I popped a piece of tape on THAT one!

Zulu 36
11-22-07, 07:05 PM
OK - I popped a piece of tape on THAT one!

Damn M84, maybe you should limit your on-line time until fully healed. ;)

Marine84
11-22-07, 09:35 PM
Damn M84, maybe you should limit your on-line time until fully healed. ;)

LOL! Yeah, no $h!t

semperfiman
11-22-07, 11:12 PM
bring a big fat <//////////////>** not

Covey_Rider
11-22-07, 11:34 PM
Wow...a banana was mentioned and I wasn't associated with it...hahaha.

chili77bowl
11-23-07, 11:26 AM
Don't forget the blow dryer....after showering, you may want your hair dry so you don't catch cold in those drafty squad bays.

thewookie
11-23-07, 12:49 PM
Don't forget the blow dryer....after showering, you may want your hair dry so you don't catch cold in those drafty squad bays.

That's what I'm talking about, be prepared, over-come, adapt, improvise.

And one final thing to do, get the USMC tattoo before you go. They'll see that your committed and hard core.

:banana:

Marine84
11-23-07, 01:41 PM
Wow...a banana was mentioned and I wasn't associated with it...hahaha.

LOL! Yeah, but you're being thought about Banana King! ;)

Moderboater
11-23-07, 03:34 PM
You are more than welcome to bring your psp, mp3 player, laptop, videogames...I'm just kidding---what you are wearing , id card, social security card etc

thewookie
11-23-07, 03:47 PM
I dare you to bring your Ipod, I hear the DI's think they're hot.
:mad:

yellowwing
11-23-07, 04:44 PM
Regulations from a genuine Series Drill Instructor (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25168&page=1&pp=15). And yes you better bring some rubbers to MCRD! :evilgrin:

Marine84
11-24-07, 09:33 AM
And yes you better bring some rubbers to MCRD!

:confused: DOH!

05-07-08, 11:06 AM
Just bring your drill instructors an APPLE.

AL49BGN
05-07-08, 01:33 PM
Bring Yourself.all Your Property Will Be Inventoried And Stored For You.everything Else Either Issued Or Sold To You.good Luck!

chicoluv USMC
05-07-08, 03:29 PM
Wow ,I remebered when I took a brush for my wonderful hair ...Anyway your best bet is bring a foto of your girl or wife ,kids ,moms & pops .Everything else ,forget about it .And those first to weeks are hell .After that you will be busy until you arrive home . good luck .

yellowwing
05-07-08, 03:57 PM
All kidding aside, just a reminder:

Regulations from a genuine Series Drill Instructor (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25168&page=1&pp=15).

Artemis
05-07-08, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah and leave the saber tooth crotch crickets at home to. You will have a chance to pick up more when you get there anyway.

cpl liz
05-07-08, 05:15 PM
Bring your polka face & a sense of humor. But, DON'T let your sense of humor show.

SGT7477
05-07-08, 06:54 PM
My best advice to you is wear a Marine Corps t-shirt it will show the DI's you are ready to be a Marine they just love that EGA gear.:flag:

Thatcher
05-10-08, 10:57 PM
Dont forget that high and tight before you go. If its in reg's you wont have to shave your head.

All kidding aside, dont show up showing any alignment with the Marines. Just have your ID.

jrhd97
05-10-08, 11:47 PM
You don't need pens, paper, stationary or envelopes. You will have the chance to buy them there.
Used to be able to keep a small bible, or what ever your religion reads.

cpl larry
06-08-08, 12:54 AM
LMAO too funny hey why not bring an apple for the DI;s. Marines do have a sense of humor