PDA

View Full Version : Mecep & bootcamp

mmh2489
11-18-07, 10:18 PM
Hey guys! My boyfriend has been in boot camp for about a month now. He told me that when he gets out he wants to join the MECEP. He should graduate as a Pfc since he already had some college before he entered. He already has all of the qualifications to apply for the program, execpt the rank of Cpl. How long does it usually take to advance to Cpl and start the MECEP if he is graduating as Pfc?
And also, I know that recruits can sometime earn a phone call home during boot. How? And I've also heard that sometimes they get phone calls home on holidays (like Thanksgiving & Christmas), but I wanted to know if that was just a rumor or if it was actually true?
Thanks so much! Semper Fi! =)

DIBLO7
11-18-07, 11:28 PM
He does not need to rank of Cpl, I know it says that in the order; however, it also says the MARADMIN which superscedes part of the order that rank doesn't matter. So good news, he could apply next year. Actually there were I think 5 LCpl's that made it this year. However, the bad news is that being a junior Marine he probably wont, get a very favorable recommendation from his chain of command.

As far as how long it will be until he gets promoted to Cpl, that depends on him, and his MOS. If he doesn't get promoted meritoriously it will be at least 21 months if I remember my time in grade/time in service requirements correctly. It will depend on him and his MOS though because each job promotes differently, and alot of different things go into him getting promoted. Things like his rifle score and PFT go into it, as well as how many MCI's he's done.

Honestly I can't answer your question about the phone calls, when I was in boot camp I got to make two calls..one when I first got there saying I was there, and one right before I left making travel arrangements.

Hope that helps.