PDA

View Full Version : In Memory Of Our Fallen Heros

thedrifter
04-06-03, 02:53 PM
THE SOLDIER

They shall not die, so long as we remember they lived…

The Flag's been folded, and passed to his wife, All that is left, of a soldier's life. The casket is lowered, and a prayer is said. But wait a minute, he can't be dead. He's much too young, to be lying here, He goes to college, in one more year

We knew this soldier; he was our friend, He defended us, through thick and thin. We trusted him, in moments of strife, He honored that trust and gave his life. At least he gave up, this mortal clay, But his spirit lives on, from day to day.

He lives in our minds, and in our hearts, And though we miss him, though we're apart, The ties that bind, will not be shattered, If we always remember, how his life mattered. He loved his country, so proudly he served, He was sometimes scared, but never unnerved

He fought our battles, far across the sea, And kept us safe, in this land of the free. So keep the vigil, in this home of the brave, And remember the life, he so gallantly gave. He loved the Flag, the Red, White, and Blue, Keep it flying high, It's your flag too.

When the trumpets sound, with the final call, When Taps is played, for one and all, When peace shall reign, and we give thanks, When there's no more guns, no shooting tanks, When we come to the day, when we shall meet And see him again, on that golden street.

Al Gamel USMC

A Marine Died Today

A marine died today.

A blue star now burns gold.

Yet take solace in the fact the fallen are not forgotten.

He now rests with heroes from the past, men who fell on the shores of Tripoli,

the slopes of Iwo Jima, and the frozen hills of the Chosin Reservoir.

America, allay your grief and know he fought for you.

Mother, remember the boy you soothed and rocked to sleep,

father that moment when you taught him how to pitch.

Wife, recall the strong arms he wrapped around you,

daughter his warm gentle kiss.

With these memories and more he will live on,

standing tall and proud in red,white and blue.

Red represents his sacrifice,

Blue his bravery,

And White the honor that he showed the world.

History and I will remember you for the sacrifice made on scorched sands.

So I render a salute at the sounding of taps.

No higher honor do I have to give.

America I exhort you to stand,

a marine died today for you and this land.

Poem By J.P.Davis

Petty Officer 2nd Class US Navy

http://www.geocities.com/firewife_us/ourbraveheros.html

Sempers,

Roger

hankhoffman
04-06-03, 03:52 PM
I feel the loss of the Marines everyday. The Marine Corp will live forever so they will live forever! Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Semper Fi and Rest in Peace!!! :marine:

BigCat
04-06-03, 06:14 PM
I am saddened by the reports received of fallen Marines. However, I am not sad for the Marine, but for his family. After all, the Marine has just been assigned to the best duty station one can imagine.....Guarding the streets of heaven.....
SEMPER FI MARINES.....