PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen this video

APS
11-14-07, 02:07 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3hixinV1PYY:confused:

HardJedi
11-14-07, 02:20 PM
might i ask, whats the point of this post?

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-14-07, 03:02 PM
Yes I've seen the video- no it has nothing to do with the Marine Corps. This post doesn't belong here.

APS
11-14-07, 03:43 PM
Yes I've seen the video- no it has nothing to do with the Marine Corps. This post doesn't belong here.

I dont know where else i can post it to get Marines and poolees opinions on this.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-14-07, 04:06 PM
That should have been your first clue that it doesn't really belong here. It has nothing to do with the Marine Corps or becoming a Marine.

I don't know what kind of opinion you want- the Russians did what the Russians do.

Fubar5812
11-14-07, 11:49 PM
why is this on here? why should we care? it's the russians not the Marine Corps.

LeonardLawrence
11-15-07, 12:23 AM
Abuse during training. Not good.

Is not a picture of Marine Corps life.

(LL- Kicks APS in the chest with a cyber kick ;) )

Shrike
11-17-07, 06:14 AM
You can find tons of such videos at youtube. Russian army is much more like prison than military. Most of "soldiers" never did a single shot from the rifle.

LeonardLawrence
11-17-07, 06:55 PM
Oh...and not to keep this going, but....

Sources will tell you that the Russian NCO system is almost non-existent. If they find NCOs that are strong. they promote them to officers.

You would have trouble with this happening in the Marine Corps, because we have a backbone of dedicated young men and woman who will stand up and do the right thing....even when others aren't. :evilgrin:

So, that is a no go!

Shrike
11-18-07, 03:10 AM
Absolutely correct, Cpl. In Russian army they have more colonels than sergeants. And in absence of real NCOs so-called "dedushki" (grandfathers) who you can see on video taking charge. When you...

LeonardLawrence
11-18-07, 03:42 AM
Thanks Shrike. Interesting read. I remember reading some of the issues the USSR had in Afghanistan. When they found a good NCO they promoted them. Same issues in the Balkans I believe.

Are you/have you been in the Russian Military? Is this video an example of the behavior (as your post suggests) or is it an "isolated" case.

With all the attention this video has, you think there would be others out there if it is prevalent.

Shrike
11-18-07, 07:36 AM
Thanks Shrike. Interesting read. I remember reading some of the issues the USSR had in Afghanistan. When they found a good NCO they promoted them. Same issues in the Balkans I believe.

Are you/have you been in the Russian Military? Is this video an example of the behavior (as your post suggests) or is it an "isolated" case.

With all the attention this video has, you think there would be others out there if it is prevalent.

I didn't serve in Russian army. I really want to be a warrior, but not some slave.

From what I know this "dedovshina" system is all we have. Sometimes it works less violently if ones, who passed all that humiliating, could keep some humanity when they taking "dedushka" place. But answering you, yes it is prevalent and no other methods of training and creating discipline exist.