PDA

View Full Version : Avionics MOS

mcneelyben
11-13-07, 07:29 AM
Can anyone tell me, basically, what the Avionics MOS entails. Like, for instance, what are the day to day duties of those involved with that job, and Where am I likely to be stationed with that job? thanks.

killerinstinct
11-13-07, 10:49 AM
they sit in their shop and play dungeons adn dragons and a card game called magic....

But actually theres alot of different jobs for avionics and you more than like will go to an aairstation. Also depends on if youre O lvl or I lvl and you wont find that out till after your A school.

But what they do is work on the computers encoder/decoders radar packages. Troubleshoot the systems and software on aircraft. Its a huge huge MOS with different people doing different things.

But from what Ive seen its not a bad MOS. just dont go electrician ytheres lots of wires in an aircraft and that seems to me to be a pain in the ass chasing wires.

Marine84
11-13-07, 02:06 PM
And try to fk with the Ordies!! But, they aren't THAT good at it cause EVERYBODY in the Corps KNOWS IYAOYAS! :banana:

semperfi170
11-13-07, 08:10 PM
84---It isn't worth missing with people who wear only a size 3 hat on their brain housing group and have a size 18 neck, and drag their knuckles on the ground. Avionics has better things to do. lol

Seriously, Avionics is a great career field that provides a great basis for an electronics technician career or as practical experience for the electrical engineering fields.