PDA

View Full Version : MOS Question

Goodman
11-07-07, 03:12 PM
So I've decided that I want to join the USMC, but I can't decide what MOS I should go for. I've always had something inside me say 03xx, although thinking ahead I feel that it might be in my best interest to go with something else - so I can have experience for something afterwards. The recruiter I talked too said anything but infantry, because no one wants to hire a trained assassin.

So I guess what I'm asking is if there is a MOS where I could use my technical skills, but not be limited away from the action?

On a side note: I've been reading these forums since I became interested and it's kept me motivated and answered alot of my questions. Thank you.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-07-07, 03:36 PM
There is a world of difference between a Marine infantryman and an assassin. It was irresponsible of your recruiter to say that.

Anyway, there is no way we can pick your MOS for you. You have to decide what you want to do. We can help you understand what some of the jobs are, but that is about it. We know what we want to do, but we can't know what is best for you.

HardJedi
11-07-07, 03:46 PM
I'll have you know my status as a former Marine Infantryman has gotten me a few jobs in my life.

if your recruiter said that, then with all respsect, he's an a$$ and a pogue:evilgrin: :devious: .

Big Jim
11-07-07, 03:55 PM
I agree with E4B, it really is way out of line for your recruiter to say something like that to you. My entire 1st enlistment was in the grunts. They are the backbone of the Marine Corps!!! Have you taken your ASVAB yet? This should give you some idea as to where your skills and interests lie.

Regardless of what MOS you choose, every job in the USMC matters to every single mission. Grant you, there are more glorious jobs than others but still every job is a job that deserves recognition. I personally feel the Infantry is a damn good choice! You can go anywhere in the world to train! Believe me, that is an adventure you DO NOT want to miss! You make some of the best friends and memories and have some of the best experiences in your life!!! Any more ???'s, just let me know!!! Good luck!!