PDA

View Full Version : Any 2311 guys out there?

88stallion
11-07-07, 11:56 AM
I just graduated last week and found out I'm going to be a 2311. Is there any other 2311s? If so I just wanted to know more about it. Any info would be great. Thanks

rvillac2
11-07-07, 12:38 PM
Congrats and welcome back, Marine.

In Artillery, the ammo techs are the ones that draw the ammo and distribute it among the guns. They also doubled as armorers and worked with the battery armorers. I'm pretty sure it's the same kind of duty for the Tank battalions.

Some of the wingers can confirm, but I don't think you'll be dealing with aviation ordnance. Just ground systems.

cplcummings
12-14-07, 02:35 AM
First of all Congratulations in graduating MARINE.
I joined the Marine Corps in 1983 and was also a 2311 (Ammo Tech).
I graduated and was sent to Red Stone Arsenal in Huntsville Ala. Good Times there. It is on an Army base, but no one is perfect.
If my memory serves me correctly it was a good time, hard work, and moving ammo boxes from point a to point b, back to point a.

Any way, congratulations in joining the best brotherhood in the world. :flag:

Covey_Rider
12-15-07, 09:36 AM
As an ammo tech you could be attached to ANYONE. It's kind of like being a doc. Your skills come in handy in all sorts of different units. Hard to predict who you'll be with and where you'll end up.

88stallion
12-17-07, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the feed back but when i was at MCT it got changed to 0481. if any one has any info on that it would be great. thanks