PDA

View Full Version : Attention to all poolees leaving 20071113

Sam331
11-07-07, 10:39 AM
Would like to know who all the poolees are leaving on the 13th of this month. Would be really nice to see which recruits I would see that are from leatherneck.com

Sam331
11-07-07, 11:16 AM
Guess I forgot to include that I was directing this message mainly towards those poolees leaving to P.I. Althought I wouldn't mind knowing about those going to the other MCRD (Forgot the name )

Yami Chasi
11-07-07, 11:24 AM
Guess I forgot to include that I was directing this message mainly towards those poolees leaving to P.I. Althought I wouldn't mind knowing about those going to the other MCRD (Forgot the name )

The other one is MCRDSD for Marine Corps Recuit Depot San Diego. I'm not going anytime soon, I just thought I'd let you know what it is.

pooleevaldivia
11-07-07, 11:28 AM
Yeah i'm going to MCRD SD so please let me know if there in anyone else going on 20071113

RockSteady85
11-07-07, 11:49 AM
Yeah I am also supposed to be leaving 20071113 and of course going to PI. Six days! Good luck to you!

SAD
11-07-07, 11:58 AM
I'll be arriving at MCRD PI on the 13. Getting excited.

Sam331
11-07-07, 12:14 PM
wooooo well Ive got my picture in my profile and my last name is Roman, so if you see me dont be afraid to say Hi :) I'd like very much to meet you guys out there in P.I :) 6 more days seems like its going by so slow lol. I've cancelled my workout for the week so I dont go over there sore or mess up my muscles in any way. Also getting my good byes ready for family friends and especially my girlfriend. I wish everyone the best of luck at Recruit Training. If we happen to be in the same platoon or something, that would be pretty cool, we could learn from each others mistakes and motivate one another.

APS
11-07-07, 01:16 PM
wooooo well Ive got my picture in my profile and my last name is Roman, so if you see me dont be afraid to say Hi :) I'd like very much to meet you guys out there in P.I :) 6 more days seems like its going by so slow lol. I've cancelled my workout for the week so I dont go over there sore or mess up my muscles in any way. Also getting my good byes ready for family friends and especially my girlfriend. I wish everyone the best of luck at Recruit Training. If we happen to be in the same platoon or something, that would be pretty cool, we could learn from each others mistakes and motivate one another.

Marines correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think you PT in
receiving (1st week)

Yami Chasi
11-07-07, 02:26 PM
Marines correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think you PT in
receiving (1st week)
I'm not a Marine(yet), but I believe you do the IST sometime towards the beginning of recieving, and you want to be damn sure you aren't hurt or screwed up for that so that you don't fail and get stuck in the PCP. Best of luck to all you guys shipping out!

SAD
11-07-07, 03:39 PM
Sam I'll look for you there. My last name is Dinehart so maybe we'll see each other. I hope maybe sometime we can speak but from what I hear you don't get much time to talk, lol. :evilgrin: See you there.

buddha71
11-07-07, 03:45 PM
Good luck to all you future Devil Dogs. The DI's will tear you up, but if you listen they will keep you alive. Not as Lean Not as Mean but Still a Marine.
Semper Fi

RYDERKUR
11-07-07, 03:59 PM
The IST is the 4th or 5th day there. You're still with your Recieving Drill Instructors so it's toward the end of the first week. It's sucks, but you'll do fine; scream loud, move fast, and get a billet (go for scribe). Good luck Devil Pups.

bgsuwoody
11-07-07, 04:02 PM
Good luck and it looks like Bravo Co. 1st Bn. for you all at PI. Say hello to Senior Drill Instructor Sgt. Jackson, or SDI SSgt. Perez, or SDI SSgt. Miller for me.

Sam331
11-07-07, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the encouragement and support fellow poolees and Marines. Yeah, I was informed that the IST was sometime the first week, and I wouldnt want to be the slightest bit sore, or suffer from some type of minor muscle issue when Im there. Maybe taking too much precaution but I dont know what to expect lol. Whichever Batallion/Platoon im in I will be sure to ask everyone if they've ever been on the site Leatherneck.com lol just to make sure

RYDERKUR
11-07-07, 04:18 PM
Hey, BGSU was that SDI SSGT Perez with 2nd Bn? Are you with Weapons 1/24 out of Perrysburg?

bgsuwoody
11-07-07, 04:24 PM
No he was with 1st Bn. Bravo. Not out of Perrysburg either. lol

Blust
11-11-07, 09:56 PM
Hey good luck you guys, like one said above you'll most likely be inhabiting my old squad bays over in 1st BN Bravo. Just pray you don't end up on Deck 1 Lead, or you'll be making plenty of sand patties this cycle with DI Sgt. Smither..

Blust
11-11-07, 10:03 PM
The IST is the 4th or 5th day there. You're still with your Recieving Drill Instructors so it's toward the end of the first week. It's sucks, but you'll do fine; scream loud, move fast, and get a billet (go for scribe). Good luck Devil Pups.

For us, the IST was on that first Saturday.. which sucked b/c you're so relieved when you pass, then it all falls apart whenever you go back to the squad bays and meet your real DIs.

downey
11-12-07, 11:06 AM
I was supposed to be leaving 20071113, but it got pushed back to the 14th. My recruiter said something about the holiday weekend messing up schedules and stuff. See you guys there.