PDA

View Full Version : Remember poolees, this is why you chose the Marines.

Achped
11-02-07, 10:16 AM
You may not know this, but Marines never walk and talk on a cell phone, we don't walk and chew, walk and drink, nothing of the sort. (You will find out QUICKLY in boot...haha)

Your right hand should always be free, why? Because you have to salute should you see an officer!....but not in the Navy. I guess it doesn't apply to them.

I took this picture Monday aboard Macdill AFB, Florida. It was the grossest display of unprofessionalism I've seen yet.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1/asgdasgasys5.jpg

This sailor, was wearing her "Navy Trucker Cap Cover" like she was wearing a Marine Cover, with it just barely resting on the back of her head, but the bill came down to her nose almost.

Shortly before, she was walking backwards, on the phone, yelling to her friend "Monica" (which is undoubtedly a FIRST name....I don't even KNOW any Marine's first names.) and they were talking about how their new Ensign was such a hottie. (Fraternization?)

Be better than this. Please.

HardJedi
11-02-07, 10:25 AM
oh come on! Marines are ALWAYS talking , i stress TALKING, about who of the opposite sex is "hot" and who they would "do". in uniform or not. and what the heck, what reason is there for living, fighting and dieing if it isn't the opposite sex? :marine:

asfor the rest, you are right on!

Phantom Blooper
11-02-07, 10:28 AM
and they were talking about how their new Ensign was such a hottie. (Fraternization?)

Be better than this. Please.

This is the pot calling the kettle black isn't Matt?

:evilgrin: <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Achped
11-02-07, 10:32 AM
Staff Sergeant...well...see...its...different cuz, I'm a Marine!

Actually I have to be honest. My buddies and I saw a female Lt in the Navy, and...their slips don't go down that far....and she was in a skirt....totally see through.

Oh my God. You're right!

Integrity57
11-02-07, 11:48 PM
Actually Sailors are trained to carry anything they may have with them in their left hand, should they need to render a salute, just like Marines. Now the ****bird in the picture may not care for military custom, but many other Sailors do, including all of the recruiters at my RSS. Even I know that and I'm only a Poolee, and make sure to do just that when I am about to request permission to come aboard.

LeonardLawrence
11-02-07, 11:53 PM
I have been out 8 years and stil cannot walk and eat or get on the phone without feeling guilty.

Usually I dont and I find a dark corner and curl up in the fetal position, with a coat over my head to hide my abomination!
:confused:

Achped
11-03-07, 07:47 AM
Actually Sailors are trained to carry anything they may have with them in their left hand, should they need to render a salute, just like Marines. Now the ****bird in the picture may not care for military custom, but many other Sailors do, including all of the recruiters at my RSS. Even I know that and I'm only a Poolee, and make sure to do just that when I am about to request permission to come aboard.

That's the point. They're trained, they just don't care.

Marines take care of their own. If she was a Marine, she would have made it about 10 feet before another Devil Dog said "Marine, get off the phone".

But her sailor friend was giggling along with her.

BR34
11-03-07, 09:06 AM
It's expected, Achped. There's ****birds in every branch. I took my son trick-or-treating the other night and saw a few soldiers walking around with their kids, while in uniform, without covers, smoking.

Not everyone has the same rules the Marine Corps does, and not every branch is as strict in enforcing the rules they do have.

I've never really been too much into the service bashing, probably since my mom was a soldier, my sister is a lifer in the Navy, my dead uncle, and also my grandfather were soldiers. They all do their job, just not the way we do.

Following them around with a camera to catch them doing something that's against Marine Corps regs is a bit out the ordinary, IMHO.

Just make sure you and your Marines are squared away. You can't fix others.

Achped
11-04-07, 12:01 AM
I wasn't following her around, I was waiting for my friend to pick up her prescription and she literally walked in front of me.

I AM a boot, you have to understand. I still get ****ed off at the "Nasty non-Marine world" I just re-entered from time to time.

SlingerDun
11-04-07, 12:14 AM
Have a look see at fleet sailors in the Indian Ocean after not seeing land for a couple months towards the end of a 6 month float :sick: you Marine Airwingers know what i'm talkin bout:bunny:

PatriotGirl422
11-04-07, 03:54 PM
oh come on! Marines are ALWAYS talking , i stress TALKING, about who of the opposite sex is "hot" and who they would "do". in uniform or not.

How did you know what I was talking about last night? lol

bgsuwoody
11-04-07, 03:58 PM
oh come on! Marines are ALWAYS talking , i stress TALKING, about who of the opposite sex is "hot" and who they would "do". in uniform or not. and what the heck, what reason is there for living, fighting and dieing if it isn't the opposite sex? :marine:

asfor the rest, you are right on!

I am almost 100% sure this was the entire point of Church Services at the Recruit Chapel...I may be wrong, but that is normally what I spent my time doing...Its also how I passed time at the Crucible march home, watching 4th Batallion do a PFT...

zackmerc
11-04-07, 04:41 PM
Damn US Navy.
I remember those idiots at medical. They were real idiots down there. They played all they want and seemed to get nothing done. Many were professional in manner and went about their duties but a lot of them were just talking and playing around. I remember the female sailors would all bunch up and start giggling and everything. Even those sick recruits (half of them were probably faking an illness to avoid training) had to wait long hours in line while those sailors did their flirting and bantering with fellow male sailors or whatever.

Phantom Blooper
11-04-07, 05:14 PM
Every one on this thread replying is a little bias toward the United States Marine Corps with much understanding.

However,I would think twice before you "Damn the Navy"

and the real idiots at medical. Depending on your MOS and what conflicts you will be in I would think very seriously about talking trash about the idiot that might be the starting point in saving your life.

In all branches of service you have that ten percent that grabs azz instead of doing the task at hand. We call those type shiatbirds.It is the fault of the senior enlisted or officer for not correcting the infraction on the spot.

To the many that were professional and went about their duties,unless an emergency, they should have also been correcting the others or reporting the situation.

All branches are needed to complete the overall mission. And when you need ,Corpsman UP! If you or your men make it you will hold them in highest HONOR and RESPECT for the rest of your life.

:evilgrin:

zackmerc
11-04-07, 06:15 PM
Nah, I wasn't talking about the entire Navy or the Medical Corps, I was talking about the ones at MCRDSD. They really were pretty bad down there. Some were good but a lot were bad.

Phantom Blooper
11-04-07, 06:50 PM
Just like you Zack...one day they will find themselves with orders other than MCRD San Diego and you might need them. I still stand by the statements of the senior enlisted or officer taking charge...

zackmerc
11-04-07, 08:09 PM
Yeah guess that's true. I still stand to what I say. Some were worse than our own killhats. Dental was much better.

SlingerDun
12-20-07, 03:04 PM
Well last night i spied a Private in dress blues walking through the Lloyd center mall, yep yakin away on his phone like quiff magpie. No i didn't say anything i just nodded and grinned. I considered repositioning and snapping a photo for the internet. Yeah righthttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon2.gifDave

Accord
12-20-07, 07:40 PM
Well last night i spied a Private in dress blues walking through the Lloyd center mall, yep yakin away on his phone like quiff magpie. No i didn't say anything i just nodded and grinned. I considered repositioning and snapping a photo for the internet. Yeah righthttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon2.gifDave

I would have set that ****bag straight right there in the middle of the mall. When you're in the field or even back in garrison around your fellow Marines and nobody else it's one thing, but when you're in public you need to act a certain way and if you're wearing dress blues, god help you if a Marine like me saw you acting nasty in public. Most Marines act nasty as hell around there fellow Marines, but when a civvie is around or you're out in public you'll turn it "on".

I like to rock a medium reg, regularly stand in formation with hands precisely inserted in pockets when it's bitter cold, and if i'm going somewhere and get an important call from my LT or PLT Sgt i'll answer it and keep walking. In the grunts we have more important things to deal with than garrison BS. We try and be good garrison Marines, but only to a certain point. I'm not going to stand there and lose feeling in my trigger finger all in the name of discipline.

Being a good garrison Marine only gets you so far. Some of the biggest ****bags you'll see at Lejeune are also among the most decorated war heroes in the Corps.