PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to MCT and MOS school.

kyleljanda6
11-01-07, 10:37 AM
First, I am just a poolee and I am shipping to recruit training on Monday. I was just wondering how you would go about getting shipped to MCT and MOS school, I signed for Intel. What if on your 10 days of leave after recruit training you are already in Jacksonville, NC? Could you just report to MCT?

Thanks

HardJedi
11-01-07, 10:50 AM
yep

jrhd97
11-01-07, 10:53 AM
yes, you can just report in with out special travel. Be sure to find out what building to check into, and how to get there. Most of the cab companies in J-ville know where to take you. GOOD LUCK AT P.I

kyleljanda6
11-01-07, 12:18 PM
O.K. Thanks for the info and your time.

BR34
11-01-07, 05:21 PM
Why would you want to go straight to MCT? You'll be cutting grass, dumping trash, cleaning toilets, etc. for the 10 days you were supposed to be on leave.

I'm sure after bootcamp you'll change your mind about going straight to MCT.

Marine84
11-01-07, 09:31 PM

I know that's right.................he'll sleep in the first few days and it will take him those 10 days to not jump through the roof if somebody sneaks up on him and says "BOO".

Achped
11-01-07, 11:18 PM
Why would you want to go straight to MCT? You'll be cutting grass, dumping trash, cleaning toilets, etc. for the 10 days you were supposed to be on leave.

Things have changed, thats permanent personel now. Well, you'll still be dumping trash and cleaning toilets. No cutting grass though.

He will be Camp Guard, standing 4 hour posts of firewatch at night (No, you cant sleep during the day), and during the day you will be walking around police calling Geiger with bright orange vests on while ITB on libbo throws mcdonalds trash at you.

(Ask me if I'm kidding)

kyleljanda6
11-04-07, 11:35 AM
NO, i meant my i have family in j'ville and i was going to be up there seeing them while im on leave. i was wondering if i could just go straight from seeing them to mct after my leave was over and not have to come all the way back to florida where i originally enlisted and then all the way back to the same place i just was.

Achped
11-04-07, 11:51 AM
Dude you're on leave, you could go to Alaska, and take a big ass ferry from Juneau to Jacksonville if it got you there on time.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-04-07, 12:35 PM
Once you ship to boot camp the Marine Corps is done worrying about where you go on when you don't have to be at a Marine Corps function/base. You can go anywhere you like on leave, and it is up to you to get where you have to go next. As long as you are at Camp Lejeune when you're supposed to be there, nobody cares where you went. (Of course, leaving the country can be a problem for security clearances.)

BR34
11-04-07, 01:10 PM
...don't go to Afghanistan.