PDA

View Full Version : Boot camp double rations

PHILLYBOI
10-22-07, 01:16 PM
I weigh about 130 and ive been trying to gain weight every since I enlisted . I really cant do anything else and I 'm wondering if they'll put me on double rations at boot camp, my recruiter told me that they might. He also told me that since I want to gain some poundage that while at Boot camp I'll gain it in muscle, is this true?

Zulu 36
10-22-07, 02:03 PM
How tall are you?

exnitro
10-22-07, 02:46 PM
I went into boot camp weighing 145#.Came home after 8 weeks of training(during Nan) and weighed 175#. And I wasn't on double rations. All muscle.
Have fun!

Wyoming
10-22-07, 02:52 PM

I gained 22#'s.

No double rations.

This was in '65.

It might be the reason that you were fitted for your uniforms after 1/2 way through.

Morse
10-22-07, 03:42 PM
i have the same problem... i just cant seem to gain weight... im 135 5ft 11... is that going to pose a problem?

Corndog
10-22-07, 04:03 PM
I'm 102#s and 5'3". Seriosuly, I have accepted the fact that chances are I will be on double rations. I'm a twig!!!

Achped
10-22-07, 05:22 PM
I weigh about 130 and ive been trying to gain weight every since I enlisted . I really cant do anything else and I 'm wondering if they'll put me on double rations at boot camp, my recruiter told me that they might. He also told me that since I want to gain some poundage that while at Boot camp I'll gain it in muscle, is this true?

Not necessarily, I actually lost weight in boot camp. Recruit training is so....run run run/step it out etc

I went in at 6'4 175 and left at 165.

I'm back up to 175 now though.

Brandon1
10-22-07, 05:34 PM
I'm the exact opposite. I cant lose weight. I dont have a lot to lose but still I just cant seem to get those last pounds off no matter what I do.

PatriotGirl422
10-22-07, 06:02 PM
The simple way to put it is that it doesn't matter what you look like or how fat or skinny you feel that you are. There is a published height/weight chart for the Marine Corps. If you are under your minimum weight for your height, you will be on double rations. If you are over your maximum, you will be put on the diet tray.
I lost some weight while I was there, but because i was still 5 pounds over my minimum, I didn't get put on double rations.

zackmerc
10-22-07, 08:51 PM
Our Senior put everyone who is 160 or less on double rations because PT with Mighty Mike was running us down. OUr Senior is nothing but muscle. He is six feet seven inches tall and his bicep is so big that his Charlie sleeves barely fit him. He is all about muscle and he wanted everyone in the platoon to be ripped just like him. We were all happy Double Rat recruits until the series commander told us to take our tags off.

PHILLYBOI
10-22-07, 10:10 PM
im 5'10

HurricaneRJ
10-22-07, 10:13 PM
Our Senior put everyone who is 160 or less on double rations because PT with Mighty Mike was running us down. OUr Senior is nothing but muscle. He is six feet seven inches tall and his bicep is so big that his Charlie sleeves barely fit him. He is all about muscle and he wanted everyone in the platoon to be ripped just like him. We were all happy Double Rat recruits until the series commander told us to take our tags off.
I have a huge fear of having a very tall D.I. I've heard nothing but aweful things about them.
It leaves me crying at night, knowing that one is waiting for me. :cry:

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-22-07, 10:22 PM
There may be something to the height thing. My heavy was an absolute monster. And he was a dual cool Ricky Force Recon guy.

KRenee87
10-22-07, 11:03 PM
I have a huge fear of having a very tall D.I. I've heard nothing but aweful things about them.
It leaves me crying at night, knowing that one is waiting for me. :cry:

Haha. Have an e-tissue.

HurricaneRJ
10-22-07, 11:24 PM
Very funny, very ****ing funny. http://usmc.squadengine.com/forums/html//emoticons/thefinger.gif

EWOK
10-23-07, 12:01 AM
Why wouldn't you not want to be on double rats? I went in 118 and left 124. I always left the chow hall full.

Achped
10-23-07, 11:04 AM
There may be something to the height thing. My heavy was an absolute monster. And he was a dual cool Ricky Force Recon guy.

So was mine, my heavy was about 6'6" and easily 250 all muscle. His neck was like the width of my waist!

Camper51
10-23-07, 05:49 PM

I went in at 132lbs, 5'10" and came out of boot camp at 162lbs with no double rations. I did drop right back to 132 lbs about 3 months after leaving boot camp. So your body will do what it needs to in boot camp even if you get some help with double rations or not...

Oh yeah I only had a 9 week boot camp back in 68, not the 13 weeks you have now...

DIBLO7
10-23-07, 05:56 PM

It's not the tall ones you need to look out for, it's the ones that are like 3 feet tall and have small man syndrome..they'll make your life hell more than anyone else.

Yami Chasi
10-23-07, 07:19 PM
It's not the tall ones you need to look out for, it's the ones that are like 3 feet tall and have small man syndrome..they'll make your life hell more than anyone else.
I just know that is what my DIs are going to be like, and I am not looking forward to it.:cry:

sparkie
10-23-07, 07:27 PM
June '69 Boot,6'3" 200lbs Weak. Extra 4 weeks of pt with double rations, Returned to training, 150lbs. [ Thats right, boys. Lost 50lbs in 4 weeks on double rations, and could go up a rope without touching it. Almost. Still wanna go to boot?????

Parks
10-23-07, 07:34 PM

Does that apply to female DIs too? (Then again, maybe they'll have sympathy for me at 5'1".) ;)

SlingerDun
10-23-07, 07:36 PM
I weigh about 130 and...i'm 5ft10...ive been trying to gain weight every since I enlisted. I really cant do anything else...No worry's, mother green and the fitness machine will probably have your 5ft10 inch frame topped off around 147 to 150+

--->Dave

Marine84
10-23-07, 07:55 PM
Does that apply to female DIs too? (Then again, maybe they'll have sympathy for me at 5'1".) ;)

Hell yeah! The short ones ARE the worst! The talls ones get up to you and yell at you up close but above you - they aren't scarey if you can't see them. If they're the same height as you or shorter - they're scarrier because they're UP IN YOUR GRILL AND BARKING! :evilgrin: At the end of bootcamp though, you're used to them so either one could get a hold of you and it doesn't even affect your heart rate.

PHILLYBOI
10-23-07, 09:36 PM
ive tried eating all the starches that i can, rice, bread, also steak, water, nothing is working, i guess its better than going to bc being a fat body?!?!

Achped
10-23-07, 10:00 PM
I have to disagree, I had 2 DIs, a senior and a kill hat, both short black guys. And my 3rd, my heavy, a 6'7" beast was the most ferocious recruit killing machine I'd ever seen on the island.

SkilletsUSMC
10-23-07, 10:06 PM
I have to disagree, I had 2 DIs, a senior and a kill hat, both short black guys. And my 3rd, my heavy, a 6'7" beast was the most ferocious recruit killing machine I'd ever seen on the island.

Thats because it was his job as the 3rd hat to be the worst.

Achped
10-23-07, 10:14 PM
Sorry, I meant my "3rd" DI that I hadnt named, he was my 2nd hat.

The kill hat was definitely freaking absolutely insane, way moreso than my heavy, but my heavy was just brutal haha

HurricaneRJ
10-23-07, 10:37 PM
ive tried eating all the starches that i can, rice, bread, also steak, water, nothing is working, i guess its better than going to bc being a fat body?!?!
What are you waiting for??? Wanna gain some natural weight.

GET DRUNK!!!!:beer:

Dead serious, we got a guy drinking a 12 pack every other night.

I'm shipping as a fatbody, I ain't sweating it.

Parks
10-23-07, 11:30 PM

Somehow, I don't think this is good advice in the long run....

KRenee87
10-24-07, 12:44 AM
Somehow, I don't think this is good advice in the long run....

Probably not.

Milkshakes. I've seen girls (yeah I know) swear by these when they want to gain weight.

Jdncowboy
10-24-07, 12:47 AM

Man I hope I don't get any really short DI's, or else im screwed. I'll be showing up to MCRDSD at 6'7" 250-260lbs.:scared:

DIBLO7
10-24-07, 09:18 AM

I don't think there has been a drill instructor in history that has had an ounce of sympathy for anyone, it's not really in the job description.

HurricaneRJ
10-24-07, 09:32 AM
Man I hope I don't get any really short DI's, or else im screwed. I'll be showing up to MCRDSD at 6'7" 250-260lbs.:scared:

Sniper Bait:scared:

Jdncowboy
10-24-07, 10:14 AM
Sniper Bait:scared:

Thanks RJ! LOL!

Integrity57
10-24-07, 12:01 PM
You're 6' 7" Cowboy? What the hell have your folks been feeding you?

Jdncowboy
10-24-07, 12:19 PM
Miracle Grow!

SkilletsUSMC
10-24-07, 12:47 PM

Youre gonna need to get him up to a 12 pack EVERY night if he wants to meet USMC standards ;)

I'm shipping as a fatbody, I ain't sweating it. Not YET

sparkie
10-24-07, 05:47 PM
"I'm shipping as a fatbody, I ain't sweating it."

Sweat will pour like rain

nsfdmedic
10-26-07, 03:42 AM
to gain wieght, eat bananas and drink milk, but trust me with all the work you will doing being a double rat, not a bad thing. It still amazes me everybody shows up differant shapes and sizes, and every body looks the same when they leave.

RuffNight2007
10-26-07, 03:55 PM
And my 3rd, my heavy, a 6'7" beast was the most ferocious recruit killing machine I'd ever seen on the island.

That's because your heavy was trained by my Senior Drill Instructor, SSgt. Ornelas. BOOYAH!

fatboy00returns
01-03-09, 11:47 PM
hey guys, i am joining the marines, and i go to mepps next month...when all that is said and done i ship out may 11 09...to parris island...i was wondering, i weigh 130 lbs, in pretty good shape...am i too small, i am 5'10 130 and have tried alot to gain weight, it just isn't happening, what should i do?

introspect
01-04-09, 06:03 AM
hey guys, i am joining the marines, and i go to mepps next month...when all that is said and done i ship out may 11 09...to parris island...i was wondering, i weigh 130 lbs, in pretty good shape...am i too small, i am 5'10 130 and have tried alot to gain weight, it just isn't happening, what should i do?

You better change your status from Marine to Marine Friend pretty quick before the Marines on here get on you like white on rice.

You've been warned :scared:

Old Marine
01-04-09, 10:04 AM
All you skinny guys stay off the beach. There are many people hanging out there who love to kick sand in your face.

When I joined I was 128 lbs of lighting. Now I am 220 lbs of table muscle, but I am 74 years old.

Zulu 36
01-04-09, 10:07 AM

Go away until you know your place here. No profile and you are most assuredly NOT a Marine. Better read ALL of the rules and stickies first.

fatboy00returns
01-04-09, 11:01 AM
i gotcha man, i was in a hurry and WILL fix it...but i asked a question, not for an @sshole response...dont get mad at me for nothin

Wyoming
01-04-09, 11:06 AM
i gotcha man, i was in a hurry and WILL fix it...but i asked a question, not for an @sshole response...dont get mad at me for nothin

In a hurry?

OK, chatty fatty, un**** your ****.

The response you got was sincere.

Zulu 36
01-04-09, 11:13 AM

You might as well go away now if you think the last response was an a**hole response.

I EARNED my title of Marine AND I earned my rank of Sergeant. You have earned NOTHING as far as any Marine is concerned, except, now, our scorn for your disrespect.

Take your "I was in a hurry" and join the Air Force, they play games with snotty brats.

dizark
01-04-09, 11:19 AM
Fatboy, as a courtesy to you, let me help you out.

Click on "My Info" at the top of the screen. Then proceed to scroll down and look for "Change My Membership Status" in the lower left side of the screen. You will then be able to choose Marine Friend and fill out a proper profile.

You will learn quick not to disrespect Marines here or anywhere, especially when they have "earned" their right. Good luck to you and I hope you can fix your mistakes in the early stages or you will fall to a sudden doom like others have. :)

chrizzle17
01-04-09, 12:28 PM
Phillyboi, what part of Philadelphia are you from?

Scottie0417
01-05-09, 03:50 AM

Wow...are you serious? Maybe you wouldn't get an azzhole response if you would have read the rules of the site before posting. This site is not for wannabees who think they know everything and that think they can disrespect Marines. This site is for Marines, we choose to be mentors and give advice to young men and women that are serious about earning the title of United States Marine. Before you post again, un**** yourself before you catch some serious sh!t